PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Jets over calgary

JoniBoy
09-04-2007, 09:04 PM
The last few days I've seen/heard a few fighter jets flying overhead in calgary; today two side by side. Kinda unusual for calgary, anyone know whats up?

Supa Dexta
09-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I dont think anyone else has seen them... :dunno:

TeamBestBud
09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I dont think anyone else has seen them... :dunno:
I don't think anyone else has seen em either...

..except for all of these ppl:drama:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/188946/fighter-jets/

ArchAngel7
09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
frick sorry :closed:

Supa Dexta
09-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by JoniBoy
The last few days I've seen/heard a few fighter jets flying overhead in calgary; today two side by side. Kinda unusual for calgary, anyone know whats up?

Originally posted by ArchAngel7
frick sorry :closed:

what the.... :confused:

civic_epidemic
09-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I think that the fighter jets over calgary recently were ones from Britain, their pilots are training here in Canada ...for a while I think at CFB cold lake, although this is unconfirmed

LadyTurbo
09-04-2007, 09:28 PM
We're not under attack they're just here for training.

Calgarians need not worry when they hear thunderous fighter jets shooting through the sky for the next three weeks.

Six Tornado GR4 fighters from the Royal Air Force will take off daily from the Calgary International Airport for the Canadian base at Suffield, about 250 km southeast of Calgary, until Sept. 8, in training for about 2,000 British and Canadian soldiers who will be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan in the next six months.

Pilots and navigators will conduct simulation exercises for the ground crews to practise communicating with the planes in the event of roadside bombs or other attacks by Taliban or armed insurgents, said Wing Commander Mike Wigston, commanding officer of the 12 (B) squadron that returned to Scotland from Iraq in June.

_Calgary Herald

trieuth
09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
2 flew over the city on monday for the labour day classic

LadyTurbo
09-04-2007, 09:38 PM
I lied, got that from the Sun

Hakkola
09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

what the.... :confused:

If you clicked on the link you would see this is repost, stop posting in here guys

Supa Dexta
09-04-2007, 10:07 PM
and if you would look closer you would see I posted in that other thread a day or 2 ago, hence my smart ass reply... And if you look even closer you can see he started this thread with one name, then apologized for starting it with another username..

ohh hakky, your gonna have to wake up pretty early to get ahead of this ol' kid...

:poosie:

Nufy
09-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by trieuth
2 flew over the city on monday for the labour day classic

Those were Canadian CF18's I believe.

Not the British ones mentioned above...

Dawson
09-04-2007, 10:21 PM
hey i have seen fighter jets over my work for the past week, i saw 4 of them today, i think they are from britian cause last year at this time they were flying to the airport all the time, then they flew back to britian, along with there fuel plane.

Kritafo
09-05-2007, 04:27 AM
We were out in Banff on Monday and seen some of them.