PDA

View Full Version : Strathcona Swarming?

Crymson
09-05-2007, 12:53 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2007/09/05/swarming-cal.html

Anyone know anything about it? These shits need to be caught, i urge people to come forward if you know anything.

snowboard
09-05-2007, 12:58 PM
fuckin bitch work. like seriously.

syeve
09-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh man...fucking pussies.

BenC
09-05-2007, 01:14 PM
and everyone said the n.e was bad
crimes everywhere

but back o.t thats horrible
one guy might not survive
pussies swarm. i hope theyre caught

Masked Bandit
09-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a bunch of tough guys that watch too much CSI.

Phuckin' dycks

JRSC00LUDE
09-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Yup, nothing proves how tough you are like ganging up in numbers and using weapons.

Hands down not one of these wastes of dna would ever have the balls to face anyone straight up and head on. I firmly believe that with violent crime you should get "an eye for an eye". Once caught, the victim (or a proxy haha) should be able to do to the aggressor what was done to them. Simplistic and impractical but it would feel good.

A couple years ago a guy here was killed at a party over a baseball hat. His friends (one of my friends brothers) busted into the cowards house and tried to beat him down. He is still in jail for that while the murderer lives free. Justice?

rmk
09-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Really nice area up there as well (Strathcona). These clowns probably beat these guys up and then ran back to their parents million $ home and crawled back into their warm beds.

x2 - Pussies

Crymson
09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
And they're probably going to blabber about it once they get back to school, and alot of beyonders always seem to "have gone to school with that guy" or "knows a guy at school" so please, keep your ears to the ground.

5hift
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
^^ I dont think it was just a random swarming. First of all there was a large group of kids hanging out at the community center at 1 AM on a school night. What were those 4 innocent victims, all still teens in highschool doing just hanging out their at 1 AM on a school night? Secondly the attackers had bats and hockey sticks meaning it was planned and not just a random bitch swarming.

My guess would be two groups met up to scrap, but one group came without weapons while the other came with bats and sticks. Right now the only info we have is from the kids that got beat and their parents, there's another side to the story the police have yet to hear.

Crymson
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
My guess would be some kids got uppitty at a party on the last day of summer holidays and left a party, then the group they pissed off, armed themselves and fucked them over. Either way, someone should go to jail.

BrknFngrs
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
My guess would be some kids got uppitty at a party on the last day of summer holidays and left a party, then the group they pissed off, armed themselves and fucked them over. Either way, someone should go to jail.

What's your personal connection to this event?

Crymson
09-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Just live in the neighbourhood and i think it's disgusting and i want to try and do something about it, even it is just getting the word out.

racin_jayson
09-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I witnessed a similar event in Edmonton this spring, It disgusts me that people are capable of even doing something like that. Hopefully they get caught and dealt with.

gatorade
09-05-2007, 04:23 PM
not random

2002civic
09-05-2007, 04:34 PM
yeah i doubt this is random but it is still awful

finboy
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
doubt its random, and even if the group that did this manage to track down, i would be willing to bet that most are minors and will get very little jail time. weak

BrknFngrs
09-06-2007, 09:14 AM
any updates on this? Anyone know if the kids were just walking around or if they were there waiting for a fight?

rmk
09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
^

They're still in the hospital. One of the was pictured on cfcn.ca and has no recollection of the beating.

Really sounds like two groups of idiots that should have walked away from the situation.

Antonito
09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by rmk
^

They're still in the hospital. One of the was pictured on cfcn.ca and has no recollection of the beating.

Really sounds like two groups of idiots that should have walked away from the situation.

One group was carrying weapons and (as far as I know) the other wasn't. I don't know if it was random or not, but there was no "walking away".

Kona9
09-06-2007, 09:37 AM
The police now know who did the beatings. I too agree that this was NOT random. People tend to believe everything the media says which is unfortunate.

I understand the kid that was interviewed doesn't remember a thing, yet do you think he would come forth to the media and say he did if this situation was definitely not random?
There would be alot to cover up in this case, especially his own ass. (again)

disclaimer: in no way am I stating this guy is lying about not remembering a thing. I have been the victim of many head injuries myself and completely understand his position.

BrknFngrs
09-06-2007, 09:40 AM
I really hope that the facts do fully come out, I know that I for one will be far less sympathetic if they had a pre-arranged fight, both parties show up and one party is just "more prepared" which results in the other party getting there ass kicked.

rmk
09-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Antonito

One group was carrying weapons and (as far as I know) the other wasn't. I don't know if it was random or not, but there was no "walking away".

It wasn't random and i'd bet that they all met up there to settle the score and fucked with the wrong group of kids.

Antonito
09-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by rmk

It wasn't random and i'd bet that they all met up there to settle the score and fucked with the wrong group of kids.

Fair enough, but I doubt they saw all the weapons and still said "yeah lets get it on". I doubt if there was any negotiating time they would've still gone through with it.

BrknFngrs
09-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Negotiating time? If they had some pre-arranged time and place and showed up, un-prepared, thats retarded in itself, regardless of whether or not they saw the weapons before they were used on them.

JAYMEZ
09-06-2007, 10:39 AM
This isnt random at all.... Ive lived in strathcona for 10+ years , and there is always little scraps around the community centre..

Just looks like one group came more prepared.

riceeater
09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
if you still show up for fights after like, highschool, then good, i hope you get your ass kicked :nut: :poosie:

5hift
09-06-2007, 10:52 AM
These kids were in highschool though. I knew when I first heard that we were getting a very one sided story, and that is starting to show.

3g4u
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I doubt that these "victims" are totally innocent. Hanging out skateboarding at 1:00am in front of a community center.

l/l/rX
09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 3g4u
I doubt that these "victims" are totally innocent. Hanging out skateboarding at 1:00am in front of a community center.

ya no kidding. i saw this on the news, and the dad totally made them sound innocent and victims of a random attack. made me chuckle a bit.

anyone with enough common sense would know that this was not random. 1am, community center, 2 groups, 1 group with weapons. :rolleyes:

rmk
09-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

ya no kidding. i saw this on the news, and the dad totally made them sound innocent and victims of a random attack. made me chuckle a bit.

anyone with enough common sense would know that this was not random. 1am, community center, 2 groups, 1 group with weapons. :rolleyes:

The fact that the Dad refused to show his face on TV speaks volumes.

Crymson
09-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Does it really matter? Random or not, there is very little justification for this level of violence. I also don't think it's random, just as the video posted a few weeks ago in ask leo likely wasn't random either, with that group of asians annihilating those two kids. It doesn't make it any more tolerable, no matter the justification.

gatorade
09-06-2007, 01:00 PM
100% not random, those kids didn't deserve that level of violence, but they did do something to get it

BrknFngrs
09-06-2007, 01:23 PM
This is exactly why I avoid areas of the city like this, your taking your life in your hands just being there.

As for justification, no its not justified, but I have way harder time feeling sympathy for a person who makes a point of going somewhere to fight and then plays the victim because he/they lose.

doublepostwhore
09-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I wonder what the sound track to their beating was?

I get money - fifty cent.

gonefishing
09-06-2007, 01:37 PM
i am shocked this didn't happen in the N.E ( insert sarcasm ):eek:

Kona9
09-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Does it really matter? Random or not, there is very little justification for this level of violence. I also don't think it's random, just as the video posted a few weeks ago in ask leo likely wasn't random either, with that group of asians annihilating those two kids. It doesn't make it any more tolerable, no matter the justification.

You are right that there is little justification for this violence, I do however feel that the general public should not be affraid to live in their own neighborhoods due to the actions of hot headed idiots.

It's not the 50's and 60's anymore where people actually fought with their fists.

There should not be any instilling of fear into people that are not involved.(public)

As rumors do fly faster than bills in the mail, the proper word will get around with no help from the media.

Ego's are a strong part of the human mind. It is extremely unfortunate what some people need in order to keep them fed.

l/l/rX
09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
This is exactly why I avoid areas of the city like this, your taking your life in your hands just being there.

to my knowledge strathcona is a pretty nice community. :rolleyes:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/187173/calgarians-deal-with-it/

85regal
09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
fucking s.w. ghetto

Kona9
09-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I like how ONE situation with a bunch of fucktards makes a whole upper class community equal to the hood!

Scraps, fights, stabbings, shootings happen for so many different reasons. In a more run down area people want to blame poverty. In an upscale neighborhood people want to blame the riches and uppity attitude.

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PARENTING!!!!!!! In which one couldn't even show his face. Perhaps he realized he is failing as one.

BrknFngrs
09-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
I like how ONE situation with a bunch of fucktards makes a whole upper class community equal to the hood!

Just to make you feel better, the thugs were probably wearing lacoste polos and gucci, no question they're "upper class"

Melinda
09-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Am I the only one wanting to largely blame the parents on this one? I mean dont get me wrong, all the kids are little shits who shouldn't be beating on other kids like that, but what kind of parent lets their kids out of the house until 1am on a school night? I get it, kids can sneak out, but that many kids sneaking out without getting caught? Not bloody likely. Yuppy uncaring parents FTL. :thumbsdow

Kona9
09-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Just to make you feel better, the thugs were probably wearing lacoste polos and gucci, no question they're "upper class"

:rofl: How is that supposed to make me feel better. I could care less. As I said before. Shit happens everywhere. There are parts of the NE that people love living in yet look at that reputation. Besides it would only make a difference if their collars were popped anyways.
Edit- I re-read the part that got you twisted. Sorry for using the term "upper class". I had no idea one could be so sensitive to it.

Originally posted by Melinda
Am I the only one wanting to largely blame the parents on this one?

I'm with you for sure Melinda (two posts previous)

Crymson
09-06-2007, 04:08 PM
a 14,15,or 16 year old has all the sense of an adult. Sure they could have had bad parents, or neglectful parents who didn't properly instill a solid sense of morals or community spirit. However, anyone of high school age, MUST be accountable for their own actions and CANNOT hide behind the societal band-aid of "bad parents" or a "neglected youth".

I'm sorry, but in todays age, any adolescent does NOT have ANY excuse for knowing right from wrong, no matter how shitty their parents are. Bad parents could be to blame for a kid not trying hard in school and failing at life because he never had to work for anything. Or bad parents could be to blame for a child who is unable to make an independent desicion because his hand had been held for way too long. But any teenager who does not realize the folley of slamming another human being in the face with a FUCKING LOG, is someone who should not be allowed on streets again, as far as i am concerned.

BrknFngrs
09-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

:rofl: How is that supposed to make me feel better. I could care less. As I said before. Shit happens everywhere. There are parts of the NE that people love living in yet look at that reputation. Besides it would only make a difference if their collars were popped anyways.
Edit- I re-read the part that got you twisted. Sorry for using the term "upper class". I had no idea one could be so sensitive to it.

I'm with you for sure Melinda (two posts previous)

Ya I hear ya, I just laugh about how quick people are to blame everyone in the geographical area if its in the NE (rather than the individuals) but as soon as its somewhere like strathcona its like "Oh damn, how dare you make comments about the community! Treason I Say!" and everyones panties get in a twist.

Bad parenting is clearly at fault here, just like it often is in many communities.

nos_efx
09-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Sorry I'll have to disagree with this statement below, a parent instills morals, values, and ethics at every stage in life. To say that at 14,15,16 a person should have the capacity of an adult is somewhat off.

I do agree though that the little punks should never be allowed to walk the streets again though.

I'm sorry, but in todays age, any adolescent does NOT have ANY excuse for knowing right from wrong, no matter how shitty their parents are. Bad parents could be to blame for a kid not trying hard in school and failing at life because he never had to work for anything. Or bad parents could be to blame for a child who is unable to make an independent desicion because his hand had been held for way too long. But any teenager who does not realize the folley of slamming another human being in the face with a FUCKING LOG, is someone who should not be allowed on streets again, as far as i am concerned.

Proboscis
09-07-2007, 12:20 AM
whiteboy just ran his mouth off

Antonito
09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Kids are stupid. THey may be able to understand things at an adult level, but they have so many hormones and so little real life experience that they go crazy sometimes. That's why there are age limits on stuff, because kids cannot be trusted to make decisions.

Do I think this lets these kids off the hook? No. They need to be punished to teach them a lesson. But to think that teenagers are able to fully function as an adult is just ridiculous. And yes, I also blame their parents. What the hell were those kids doing out that late?

colinderksen
09-12-2007, 02:14 PM
The kids that did it were grouping together outside my place, then went out and smashed the other kids down the street at the community center, Im assuming. Then came back shortly after. The definitly knew each other, and are definitly in big shit. They were so loud that anyone around here would have heard them. I heard them over the TV at around 12:30am.

Kona9
09-12-2007, 02:19 PM
I am sure you have spoken to the CPS?! :dunno:

superboss
09-12-2007, 03:46 PM
hang the fuckers, seriously thats pittyful