PDA

View Full Version : question about car alarms.

Dooms_Bane
09-05-2007, 11:55 PM
so.. theres this guys BMW parked outside on his drive way and about everyday at abotu 11pm till about 4am his car alarm will constantly go off ranging in time frames of 5-15 minutes apart from each others. each time it turns off sometimes instantly or it'll constantly ring for minutes on end.
the first week or so that it kept happening i just phased it off and it's been about 5 weeks on end now and it's getting really annoying at 3am in the morning when it wakes me up.

i know theres is another beyond member that lives about a house or 2 houses down from that BMW's house which is right beside mine (this is in sherwood)

if your reading this does this annoy you to shit?
i sware it just went off 5 times while i was typing this god damn message and it's going off for no reason i look out the window and theres nothing.... i seriously just want to throw a rock at the window or scratch the god damn thing.

i've rang his doorbell to tell him to turn it off or do something about it but he hasn't done anything and just gives me a F'ed up look.. anyhow i could be complaining for no reason. but it seriously is hella annoying at 3am

01RedDX
09-06-2007, 12:06 AM

Dooms_Bane
09-06-2007, 12:27 AM
just came back inside from talking to my neighbors... 3 of them have been filing complaints for the past 4 days. but nothing has changed yet and have rang his door bell but he doesn't answer.... and it's still going off getting pretty damn dumb. he should just turn the god damn thing off

TomcoPDR
09-06-2007, 12:39 AM
You might want to consider moving into the country side, is he one of the guys riding the dirt bikes near your house too?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=182455

If they're two different groups/people, PERFECT, just invite them all over for a late night party (at their house), lock them up, fart in their house all night, and blow them up.

Yes noises like dirt bikes and car alarms (uncalled for), and random honking (midnight for long duration) annoys me too. But you have tons of options:

- Live with it.
- Confront the people doing it (which would lead to A. you punching their lights out or B. them telling you to STFU and mind ur business)
- Save some video evidence, report it to the by-law officers.
- Get a neighbourhood rally/ petition about the issue.
- Perform some type of selfish act to them as they have done to you, such as: loosen all lug nuts on just one of their tires (perfect if they have hub caps), pour blench on lawn, dog poop to the windows, ring their door bell all hours of the night (and run/hide), bake them an Ex-Lax chocolate cake pretending you're a good neighbour, mail baking flour as a letter with a return address from some terrorist country so they think it's Anthrax (I'm leaving the country name open interpertation)...

So yea, I'd say lots of options, but expecting some sort of action from Beyond is kinda useless. (It's ok to ask for opinions and options, but seems like with the TWO noise complain threads you're looking for Beyond to do something about this)

Maybe a Beyond gathering where everyone rev their engines in front of their house? But then someone's going to post a "Revving on Sherwood" (instead of Revving on Country Hills (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/186768/revving-on-country-hills/)) rant.

Dooms_Bane
09-06-2007, 12:41 AM
oh i actually caught him one day and asked if he could just ride down the hill a bit where the sound just goes off near costco and he just said sure.

well i'd hope that beyond guy that lives next door to him might take arms and help by calling in complaints haha

and it's a nice place to rant anyways

MintRacer
09-06-2007, 01:17 AM
calgary bylaw should be able to write this guy numerous tickets.

97'Scort
09-06-2007, 10:55 AM
He's just got his sensitivity way too high. Anything shy of a good, open palmed slap to the windshield or A pillar shouldn't set off more than a first stage shock sensor.