PDA

View Full Version : Guy drives over cement median?!

boredengineer
09-06-2007, 09:47 AM
As I was driving to work I happened to notice some poor high school kid who managed to drive his cars back tire right up onto the concrete median(The big ones you know the kind that is ~4 feet tall) :eek: between 40 Ave NW and 4th St NW. He managed to drive his back tire right up ontop of the median and take out the sign on his way up then managed to drive off the median dropping his axel/back tire about 3 feet onto the ground. Needless to say it made quite the bang and seeing the distance he fell it must have been quite the shock. It looked like he might have broken his axel and definitly had a flat on the rear wheel. I have no idea what school is right next to the intersection but here is a google maps picture of it http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=calgary&ie=UTF8&ll=51.087179,-114.071335&spn=0.003134,0.005364&t=k&z=17&om=1 . Is that james fouler?

I have no idea how you manage to drive up a concrete median in perfect weather and dry road conditions :nut: I wish I had a video but it all happened so fast and I was sleepy :P

r0g3r
09-06-2007, 09:57 AM
i think if you go fast enough you can do that, one of his front end corners must be severely dented tho... are these the cement blocks that are kinda thin at the top and angled flatter at the bottom? if so then if you go fast enough and at a certain angle then you can probably just graze the corner of your front bumper and let the front tire grip.

rmk
09-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the pics, it felt like I was there.

riceeater
09-06-2007, 10:03 AM
fuck, i actually did that once leaving the bar when i was really drunk :eek:

hahhahha dont ban me dont ban me, i'm just kidding, to piss off those with their panties strung too tight up their ass :nut:

cmodem
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
since you say it's his back tire... he was probably practicing for his audition in fast and the furious

boredengineer
09-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by r0g3r
are these the cement blocks that are kinda thin at the top and angled flatter at the bottom?

Yeah those are the ones :thumbsup:

sputnik
09-06-2007, 10:18 AM
I saw a van one morning high centered lengthwise on the concrete barriers where 22X divides after the bridge over the Bow River.

He must have fallen asleep at the wheel and came to a stop skidding along the top of it.

Kona9
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
if those meridians are 4 feet tall, then I have been lied to my whole life. I am actually 12 feet tall!! Sweeet!!

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-06-2007, 10:44 AM
That would deff be Fowler... how do you really pull that off?

Gart
09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
oh wow, that's quite impressive.

I live right around there, but must have missed it this morning. What time was it at?

boredengineer
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Gart
oh wow, that's quite impressive.

I live right around there, but must have missed it this morning. What time was it at?

About 8:10 or so, you can check out the busted off sign it will be missing for a while I figure...

Originally posted by Kona9

if those meridians are 4 feet tall

Notice the ~ you can have fun measuring the median if you like. :rolleyes:

Kona9
09-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by boredengineer

Notice the ~ you can have fun measuring the median if you like. :rolleyes:

Settle now, I was having fun. Your username says it all. :rolleyes:

(I work with a bunch of engineers)