Make and Model : Toyota Turbo Pickup
Exterior Color : Silver
Interior Color : Grey
Auto or Manual? : 5-spd Manual
Odometer Reading :310XXX(see below)
Location of Vehicle : SW Calgary
Description :
Mileage: unknown
The odometer reads 310XXX, however the last time I had this truck out on the highway I noticed the odometer was reading 4.7km for every 5 traveled, so 6% off with the 31” tires. When I bough the truck it had 30” tires on it. I also know that these truck cam from the factory with 28” tires. So what the actual reading should be, I don’t know.

The Motor:
Note: all new parts (unless otherwise noted) were purchased from Ted Stanwood at www.engnbldr.com.
2.4L Toyota 22RTE block, w/ fresh hone
New 22RTE low compression pistons w/ Moly rings
New main bearings
New rod bearings
New “turbo” oil pump (not a true turbo oil pump, but higher volume than a regular 22RE pump)
New water pump
New timing cover (again, not a turbo cover, but the differences are in the oiling ports, which are negated by the matching oil pump)
ARP stud kit (eBay)
New timing chain w/ steel guides
New EB268 camshaft
New EB Street RV head: larger valves, bronze guides, and some port work.
Note: this is a 22RE head, so bumps the compression up to approx 8.5:1 from the stock 22RTE head which provided 7.5:1

The Turbo:
Currently the motor is still using the stock CT20 turbo on the stock manifold. While still making boost, there is a crack in the exhaust side (as is common for these), and it is blowing oil into the intake.

I also have a Garrett T3 and adapter so to mount it on the stock exhaust manifold. This turbo is properly sized (based on the turbo map) for this application, however it too has a small crack on the exhaust side. So to this point I have simply been using it to figure out the oil/coolant lines. And while the coolant and oil feed lines are sorted out, I’m still stuck on the return. Once I had the lines plumbed I planned to run the Garrett for a short while even with the crack, as it exhibits minimal shaft play.

ECU:
The plan was once the motors hardware was finished to switch to a Megasquirt ECU. I have been in communication with an individual in Texas to this end, so have everything sourced. And while I was not far enough along to get the ECU yet, I do posses the adapter cable to run from the stock Toyota harness to the Megasquirt ECU, this adapter is also wired to accept input from a Wideband O2 senor, and an IAT sensor (in order to eliminate the annoying VAFM)

Transmission:
A340F automatic swapped for a W56 5-spd. The Tranny Ecu is still in the truck, and the additional wiring has simply been tapped off. The wiring is hooked up in such a way that it passes AB safety, however the 4x4 indicator light is not hooked up, and the Neutral start is jumped(so it can be started in gear).

The 4.30 gears were left in the differentials, and a longer drive shaft was installed to make up for the shorted manual tranny.

Running:
The truck does run, and for a 22R series motor pulls very well (better than the 3.0 V6 I owned). However, there are some bugs that prevented me from using it this summer.
Idle: it has a bit of a sporadic idle. I started early today and it idled smoothly at 1000rpm. However previous it would bounce between 7-900rpm. It was not something I could fix by adjusting the timing, and from my conversations with EngnBldr, the new cam should not be noticeable at idle.
Overheating: the last time it was using, it overheated. The coolant boiled over from the overflow bottle, and the needle was in the red. However the radiator is still full, so I am suspecting the t-stat.

Body:
Rough
The frame and undercarriage are good. The front fenders are shot. The cab is in good shape, with the exception of an area inside the doorsill on the driver side.

The box has also had a spray in bed liner applied (ArmorThane); as well the interior panels are in good condition. However the box sides are in need of replacement.

Extras :
The truck currently has 290km on the rebuilt motor.
The truck was passed on AB safety by Folk Automotive in May 07, and has not been driven more than 75km since.
The truck is using an All-pro Offroad t-case mounted E-brake. When purchased, there was no e-brake cables, so with the intension on converting to rear discs anyways, it seemed the right thing to do.
I have a new set of metal front fenders for the truck, still in the boxing.
I have a 4.88 front diff with it.
The truck also comes with a Sonoran Steel IFS truss (google it)

Asking Price : $3500 OBO

Contact Information
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : (403) 827 - 2792

Pictures :

Sapepr33
09-12-2007, 11:26 AM
http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_09_2007/post-3084-1189616699_thumb.jpg
http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_09_2007/post-3084-1189616721_thumb.jpg
http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_09_2007/post-3084-1189616963_thumb.jpg
http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_09_2007/post-3084-1189616976_thumb.jpg
http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_09_2007/post-3084-1189617072_thumb.jpg

I do have more pics, so shoot me a pm or email, and I can send them to you.

Sapepr33
10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Bump, 3K, negotiable. Someone make me an offer, I need it out of my garage

phrozen
10-06-2007, 08:53 PM
still have it?? pm me