PDA

View Full Version : Ticket refund AFTER paying??

Doozer
09-06-2007, 06:56 PM
There was a bit of talk about red light cameras in another thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/183718/red-light-cameras/) but I thought this might be worth its own thread.

Has anyone ever been refunded for a red light (or other ticket) AFTER paying?

I just got this in the mail today:

http://www.doozersden.com/August2007/red_light_refund.jpg

Sure enough, there was a cheque attached for $287, which is what I paid last month. I didn't fight it or call anyone, I just got the ticket in the mail and paid it online.

In all honesty, I can't see anything wrong with the ticket or the pictures. The info seems right - maybe there was something wrong with the calibration of the camera? I'd love to hear Dayglow's (or any other CPS member's) opinion, because I've never heard of a refund coming after someone's already paid with no questions asked.

Whatever the case, you can rest assured that I'm putting this puppy in the bank before someone changes their mind.

Destinova403
09-06-2007, 07:04 PM
.... i wish that happened to me... lucky bum.

Eride
09-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Yep had that happen to me once, very nice when it does.

Hakkola
09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I am absolutely blown away that they would refund the money, it says overpayment? Sounds like all the data was correct but somewhere in the buraucracy somebody screwed up and forgot to update some files, that is my only guess, and it is probably wrong.

Sweet deal.

al-ti2d
09-06-2007, 07:20 PM
lucky SOB :rofl:

Chris88CL
09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Happened to me too. Sent in my payment with the yellow copy of the speeding ticket and they returned my payment with the same letter saying the reason for the refund was they had no record of the ticket in question. Yet I sent them a copy. Shrug. I didnt question it. Haha.

Doozer
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I am absolutely blown away that they would refund the money, it says overpayment?
Actually, overpayment is one of the options, but not the one that applied to me. I presume if I accidentally hit a 3 instead of a 2 and paid $387, they would've refunded me the $100 no matter what. But in this case, the "ticket has been quashed due to an error on the face of the ticket" was checked. I just have no idea what the error is.

Originally posted by Chris88CL
Happened to me too. Sent in my payment with the yellow copy of the speeding ticket and they returned my payment with the same letter saying the reason for the refund was they had no record of the ticket in question. Yet I sent them a copy. Shrug. I didnt question it. Haha.
Interesting. On this list one reason is no record of the court ever receiving it "from the issuing force". So even if you give your copy, but the cop loses his ticketpad or something, it sounds like you're free!

signature7
09-06-2007, 08:16 PM
everyone deserves a break now and then.. lucky bastard lol jk

shakalaka
09-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Dude why are you complaining? lol go and enjoy the money.

SilverBoost
09-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Every now and then the coffers get so completely full of money that they regretfully have to send some money back until they've had enough time to count and sort it appropriately.

lilmira
09-06-2007, 10:07 PM
You must have some nice tits.

DannyO
09-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I had it happen not too long ago as well, in march I got pulled by a sergeant and got told that my registration had expired, I didn't know this as I thought I had afew months left, and he told me he gave me a $170 dollar ticket for "Failure to produce registration", instead of a $250 dollar ticket for "invalid registration" and my car would of been towed as well, I went down later that day and got my new registration, well about a month ago I get a letter saying there was an error on the ticket and it is being refunded, I still had the ticket with me and checked it over, but could not find any mistakes.

My guess is that the cop checked my plates later that day and saw that I had renewed my registration so maybe decided to drop the ticket somehow.

Doozer
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Dude why are you complaining? lol go and enjoy the money.
Read it again, I was doing nothing like complaining. Just wondering if it had happened to anyone else, and apparently there's a few lucky ones out there besides me! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by SilverBoost
Every now and then the coffers get so completely full of money that they regretfully have to send some money back until they've had enough time to count and sort it appropriately.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1-Bar
09-06-2007, 11:12 PM
sweet, you got a "get out of red light ticket" card. Pass go and collect $200 :thumbsup:

ricosuave
11-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
sweet, you got a "get out of red light ticket" card. Pass go and collect $200 :thumbsup:

pass go and collect 287! :rofl:

The Cosworth
11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
i got that once for front tint and underglow tickets

I think the cop was training and was being really tough on me, I paid the ticket because I did have tint on the front and underglow but it came back as a refund too.... same sort of letter.