PDA

View Full Version : Can you pass on towing rights at your property?

Super_Geo
09-07-2007, 08:10 AM
I've been renting out my parking spot and today I get a call from the renter at 7:40AM saying there's some random Saskatchewan truck parked in the spot.

I was already at work and couldn't go back there to present the parking authority with the papers necessary to get the guy towed. Is there any document I can prepare that would let the guy renting the spot tow someone who's illegally parked there? Fucking pisses me off though... I have to take the time out of my day to get the condo maintenance people to try to find the guy a spot and this asshole gets a free parking spot for the day! I think I might head back at lunch just to have his ass towed...

Thanks for any help though guys.

riceeater
09-07-2007, 08:22 AM
do you HAVE to be there when the tow company comes? What about just letting your building manager know that someone is in your spot, and you have a friend coming over that needs to use it or whatever... basically, just tell the building manager someone is in your spot and you need them gone...

remember how quickly those fuckers at ryan's old place would call to have us towed? so fuck them....

A790
09-07-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't think you need to be there, though you will have to provide all the information required for the tow (license plate, vehicle type, color, etc.).

Big Dangerous
09-07-2007, 10:09 AM
If he's got a sask plate you can bump his ass, I think you need a piece of mail proving your residence.

eina15
09-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Back in my renting days when I've had to call the City in to tow someone in a parking stall of mine, they needed to see a lease proving that I lived there and that the parking stall was assigned to me.

Do you have a lease or agreement on paper with this person? They may be able to show that...?