PDA

View Full Version : Help with Compustar autostarter

maplelodge
09-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I had futureshop install a Computstar alarm/auto starter on a 07 Yaris and my car will not start with the engine is cold (ie: left it outside over night)... the auto starter will not work.... I bring it back to futureshop and they set it so it will give more gas when I press the button... but it still doesn't work...... so is there any pro-shops in Calgary that can fix this issue for me? I don't trust those futureshop guys anymore... thanks!

afrotl
09-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Try Autodream

88CRXGUY
09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
At this time of the year its not worth it running your car(using your car starter). To have your car start on its own your going to press ll+lV at the sametime for one second, a little timer icon will come up on the right side of your remote. Your car will start for the time that futureshop set it at, probably every 3 hours for 15 mintues. You got the 2way compustart system I'm assuming. They shouldn't have to give it anymore gas, its a brand new car, and they probably fucked up during install.

Hold for 2 seconds the ll on your remote and see if the car will start at all, if it doesn't then you might have an issue.

If your going to get it looked at take it to Speedtech and talk to Will, I got mine installed there last November and had no problems.

TomcoPDR
09-07-2007, 11:18 PM
It's kinda unfair to paint the whole futureshop install chain though don't you think, might be just the one tech that messed up, IF it's an install problem...

(Hijacking your thread for a sec: one of the exact reasons why I don't believe in having an employee structured Paintless Dent Repair shop, every dent tech should be independent; having their own clients, OR being a sub-contractor under main company but still responsible for each repair they make; only way to put pride in skill trade repairs IMO)

Talk to Black_Radiation on Beyond, he's an installer.

futurecivic
09-08-2007, 10:46 PM
come see me at visions in westhiils and i will have a look at it for you