PDA

View Full Version : Damn Street Racers!

max_boost
09-08-2007, 11:04 PM
OK so I'm cruising on Northbound Deerfoot Tr. around 110kms/hour in the right lane, slowly catching up to the flow of traffic as both the center and left lane were going the same pace. And then an 02 blue RSX with fat exhaust glides diagonally right into my lane and cuts me off and then out of the corner of my left eye I see an early 2000 silver Cavalier and late 90's green Ford Ranger wanting to do the same thing. I know they are all racing duhhhhhh.

What do you do?

suen17
09-08-2007, 11:10 PM
I'd tell your brother to repaint his RSX back to white and to stop racing down Deerfoot. ;)

Lucky97
09-08-2007, 11:15 PM
isn't a ford ranger a truck?

alloroc
09-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Take the camera off the seat that is in video mode and try and get images of the drivers + plates then contact cps :thumbsup:

dj_rice
09-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Block them in

infected
09-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Block.

TomcoPDR
09-08-2007, 11:51 PM
This is when you lift up the passenager seat compartment, turn on your NOSSSSSS values, plug in your laptop, rip your sleeves into wife beaters and make some new friends.

whiskas
09-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Hang back, but just keep up enough so that'll you have front row seats for the impending wreck.

SR240SX
09-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Meh happens to me all the time..just let the idiot on his way and then watch them either get caught for speeding/racing or crash or just speed away..haha..other day some dude in a toyota solara flew past me on deerfoot..seconds later a cop came ripping from behind me and pulled him over..whats the point of joining in..if you know your cars faster dont waste your gas..and if your planning on blocking other cars from speeding think again..because i sure as hell wouldnt want some idiot crashing into me and wrecking my car trying to stop a few idiots racing.

gpomp
09-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Speed up and prevent the Ranger and Cavalier from moving into your lane and block them in as far as you can haha
that's what i do, i'm a jackass on the roads. lots of fun when you know their car is slower than yours

Biga Ramrod
09-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I would just slow down and let them do what they want, its not worth your life just to teach some jerk a lesson - 110km/h is way to fast to get into an accident.

alloroc
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Its not the accident that scares me, more what if it is some kind of elevated road rage. Getting shot over something like that is becoming a serious reality in this city.

The Cosworth
09-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Slow down and let them weave in and out and hope they kill themselves

Sharpie
09-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by alloroc
Its not the accident that scares me, more what if it is some kind of elevated road rage. Getting shot over something like that is becoming a serious reality in this city.
Holy shit you better not leave your house anymore becasue you know if you make eye contact with someone now a days you could get shot. :rolleyes:

But I agree to others, and just block them in..

Mr_ET
09-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
Speed up and prevent the Ranger and Cavalier from moving into your lane and block them in as far as you can haha
that's what i do, i'm a jackass on the roads. lots of fun when you know their car is slower than yours

Even with the lowly GSR?:rofl:

jav_
09-09-2007, 11:14 AM
i think i saw that rsx on deerfoot last night too

Destinova403
09-09-2007, 11:20 AM
block em man...

EK 2.0
09-09-2007, 11:26 AM
If you block you can stop the race. Which in turn can potentially save the lives on innocent drivers and families on the road.

But the downside to that is the assholes racing on the QEII in traffic also live to do it another day.

A790
09-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by alloroc

Let me guess: you're the kind of guys that wear's shoeboxes on your feet and carries around a bottle of disinfectant?

SilverBoost
09-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Block them in? Stupid idea. Why would you want to be the only person between them and where they want to be? Same as tailgating... if someone is right on my ass, do I want to keep them there? No. I let them pass and then they're gone. They don't get pissed off more and I don't get angry complaining about how this guy won't get off my ass or worry that they'll crash into me when I have to brake suddenly.

And how do you really know they were street racing? The way the traffic is right now everywhere in Calgary esp on the deerfoot, it's not uncommon to have a group of people stuck behind a bunch of idiots all doing 20 under and not moving over to let faster vehicles go by. Then when a break does open up you'll usually get one person start lane weaving and then so does everyone else behind them. Monkey See Monkey Do. I've seen it a million times.

So to call it street racing is a stretch if you ask me. Who fucking street races in high volume traffic anyhow? I'll put my money on it was a pissed off person fed up with lane hogs and a couple of copy cats that followed.

Anyway, if you're the type to try to block this kind of stuff or get involved period your only adding to the problem. YOU'LL cause an accident doing that shit way before they will on their own. People trying to be vigilante traffic cops is half the problem around here. If people focused half as much on their own driving as they did everybody else's it'd be a lot better. I get cut off and almost ran into and so on and so on almost everyday... do I hunt these people down and try to enforce some kind of street justice to show them they were wrong? No. When it comes to situations like this your best move is to flip them off and get on with your day.

max_boost
09-09-2007, 01:19 PM
haha well I think I've been driving long enough to know the difference. What these guys were doing was pretty careless imo! I ended up slowing down because I didn't want them to plow in to my car lol

SilverBoost
09-09-2007, 01:25 PM
... well either way. Not getting involved is really my point. And you didn't, so good on you.