PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the hondas gone?

4wheeldrift
07-28-2002, 12:18 PM
This question applies to anyone who has tried solo 2 at least once and not come back out again, but specifically to the 403honda guys.

There were a whole wack of you guys trying out solo 2 earlier in the year, but we haven't seen many of you out to another event in quite some time. As solo 2 director for the CSCC, I want your feedback about why you haven't been out. I'd like to see more particiaption from local enthusiast clubs out there, and the CSCC is very interested in hearing what we could be doing better to get you guys to come out, and keep you coming out once you've tried it.

Regards,

Warren Milton
Solo 2 Director, Calgary Sports Car Club
http://www.cscc.ab.ca

sexualbanana
07-28-2002, 12:22 PM
i loved solo2. i'm just a bit paranoid about my new bumper and stuff because i figure WHEN i hit a cone, that cone's coming with my bumper until the stop box.

Ekliptix
07-28-2002, 12:48 PM
On the first day, it was a training day, so we got a lot more track time. We can't expect to get much better by having 4 x 50 seconds of track time every 2 weeks. So I'd like to see another training day where we can get driving time and feedback on our techniques.

legendboy
07-28-2002, 03:05 PM
I personaly think that $30 bux is too much for 3 or 4 runs. I personaly think that someone is making too much money off of it, but I could be wrong and probly am. (I have no idea how much it is to rent part of the track for a couple hours) I just don't think its a good deal. But it is fun.:thumbsup:

Voodoo Child
07-29-2002, 09:10 AM
With all my external mods now, I too am a bit nervous of hitting something. Also solo II is extremely hard on your brakes and I don't want to be forking out for new brake pads at the end of the summer.

mischief
07-29-2002, 09:29 AM
I'm not a honda guy but would like to start attending solo 2's. I agree with Ekliptix that another training day should be held. I missed the one at the beginning of the season so if I start going now, I'll probably be all over the place. Just my $0.02.

speedracer
07-29-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
I personaly think that $30 bux is too much for 3 or 4 runs. I personaly think that someone is making too much money off of it...

We DO race on a REAL track. As such comes along the cost. The next set of cost is insurance on the track. Become a member and you can read about operation cost.

Really, if we could race on a parking lot we would (which lowers the cost of operation). Everyone else that you see like 4wheeldrift and myself work for free :D.

We use to have a couple pf parking lots to run on. But after owner changes it has become difficult to aquire places to run.

For the record the Calgary Sports Car Club is a non profit orgranization. Money raised goes towards either back into the club (new timing equipment) or other racing venues that they lose money because of lack of competitors.

legendboy
07-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Thats fine. $30 dollars for 3 runs on a 40 or 50 second track is too much for ME.

4wheeldrift
07-29-2002, 05:31 PM
Well, for you guys that don't get off work until 6:00, we do offer pre-tech the night before. If you come for pre-tech it gives you some extra time before you have to be at the track (for the drivers meeting).

As for entry fees, I don't know if anything can be done about that. But I personally feel its a not bad deal compared to secret streets for instance, where you are only paying $20 but each of your runs is 15 seconds long.