PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Motorcycle battery

Taz_Tuff
09-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I have a 2002 Honda Shadow ACE 750CC and I "think" the battery is dead.....

Charge it, start the bike, pull the positive cable off the bike stays running no problem so the alternator is fine. Charge the battery to 100% on a trickle charger, let it sit over night (in the bike or out of it does not matter) and it drops to 65%..... Never less than that but it is not enough to start it. If I put it in the bike it will not turn over.

Took the battery to Canadian Tire and they told me it is fine... Well how can that be?

So with all of that in mind I can only think to buy a new battery...... Do you think Canadian Tire or Auto Value or anyone has one? Nope....... And I don't want to pay 190.00 to a dealer or Honda shop when it still might not even be the battery.

So anyone got one or know of one?

Please and thanks......

old&slow
09-09-2007, 05:02 PM
You may have the same problem I had...the ecu(if you have one) may need to see a certain volt level.If it don't the bike will crank but not fire. My kawasaki was doing this.
Paid $125 at blackfoot for a new one and was good to go!

09-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I wouldnt trust Canadian Tire. Take it into Blackfoot and they will test it for free, might as well get a second opinion. And you wont pay more then $100 for a new battery from Blackfoot, You could prob get a ecomomy battery for around $60:thumbsup:

Taz_Tuff
09-09-2007, 05:10 PM
I called them this afternoon, they were closed, I will try them tomorrow...

Thanks guys....