PDA

View Full Version : Painting Company looking for workers, noobs welcome

Antonito
09-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Looking for painters, experience would be nice, but anybody that's interested give Shaun a call at (403) 819 5404

-Interior work on high rise apartment building near Bow Trail and 37th street (across from the Walmart)
-$16/hr minimum, more depending on experience

Antonito
09-09-2007, 08:09 PM
You're joking, right?

Rudee
09-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Not a lot of ppl are going to get out of bed for $16/hr in Calgary these days.

QuasarCav
09-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Rudee

WTF??

Regardless of the state of the economy 16/hr is a decent wage. Open your eyes to the real world and see that half the city is getting out of bed for less.

2002civic
09-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

WTF??

Regardless of the state of the economy 16/hr is a decent wage. Open your eyes to the real world and see that half the city is getting out of bed for less.
agreed, i know lots of people who make less than that and are happy, these are the fucktards who are screwed when the economy takes a dive because they have no work ethic or respect for employers

slip stream svt
09-12-2007, 01:40 PM
are you looking for part time help? i already have a full time job, but would like a part time one just because it's so boring on the weekends and i need something to do other then watch TV all day long.

ecstasy_civic
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

agreed, i know lots of people who make less than that and are happy, these are the fucktards who are screwed when the economy takes a dive because they have no work ethic or respect for employers

Bingo!

I can think of one off the top of my head who will never keep a job for that reason.

Antonito
09-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by slip stream svt
are you looking for part time help? i already have a full time job, but would like a part time one just because it's so boring on the weekends and i need something to do other then watch TV all day long.

I doubt it, but who knows, maybe you can talk him into it (again, I'm not in charge of hiring).

Antonito
09-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Rudee

$16/hr is starting at the very bottom. If someone can prove they aren't completely brain dead, raises will follow quickly in an effort to retain. And as a bonus, if someone sees you holding a paint brush, they will shower you with cash to come paint their place. I don't even paint anymore, but just hanging out with some of my ex-coworkers last Saturday I've lined up about $3000 worth of side jobs

dips87
09-18-2007, 09:00 PM
do you know if hes still looking and if he is does he work on the weekends?

Antonito
09-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Last I heard they had filled the positions, including someone from Beyond. Hey, the system works :thumbsup:

dips87
09-19-2007, 12:04 AM
oh alright thanks

Antonito
10-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Bump, sounds like they need at least one more person

Antonito
01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Bump again, couple of guys went back to school, need to replace them and maybe another.

Maddog55
01-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Nothing wrong with $16/hour. For a young single guy or one half of a working couple....thats over $1,000 free and clear for one cheque. Over $2200/month AFTER all your deductions...WTF is wrong with that kind of money for JUST SHOWING UP!!??!!! I'm sick to death of fuckin idiots that want to work 5 hours a day and rake in $80,000 a year.

I'm looking for an apprentice and can't find anyone. I'm offering the same thing....a lower wage to start with but once you can prove that you can show up on time...follow directions and willing to learn you can quickly bring that up. Not to mention you're learning a trade that will put food on your table for many years to come.

so far I've had a half dozen "interests"....three people said they'd see me the next morning...didn't show up and never called...and one who showed up..worked for an hour and said...."meh...not for me, can I have gas money to go home"?

It's about time for a big recession to hit Calgary, just to show kids what working for a living is all about.

James Winz
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Thats a great starting wage. If this was summer Id take that job in a heart beat, but Im still in high school. Last summer I was building brick patios and retaining walls making 14 bucks and hour. While most of my friends were doing some kind of easy labor job making 12.

danno
01-15-2008, 07:51 PM
16/hour is sweet, for someone with no skills. when i started i made 6.70/hour.

electrician apprentice makes 17/hour so 16/hour seem more than fair.

tacsniper
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
$16/hr starting is awesome... although there are TONS of jobs out there, you will notice most of it needs expeirence, certificate etc or its like $10/hr at McD, Tim Hortons etc.

lianli
01-20-2008, 09:18 PM
ahh i need a job like this for next summer

Antonito
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
bump, still need guys

Also after hearing the story of some guys that just got majorly ripped off by the subcontractor that was hired for some of the work (he took the payout for several weeks work and never paid any of his 12 man crew, and has now disappeared), here is some advice if you go work for someone for cash

Be wary if
-the job you go to is the only project the owner has, and all the guys are brand new
-the owner has to go out and purchase brand new tools any time someone needs something, especially tools that should last for years like ladders
-the guy keeps going "I promise I won't screw you" for no reason at all :rofl: :rofl: