PDA

View Full Version : Hooking my macbook to a TV.. what do I need

Redlyne_mr2
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
My macbook has an S video cable I went out and bought an adapter that converts s video to rca, however I wasnt paying attention and found out later the adapter only has a port for the video port of the rca, not an audio port, so I can see my mac on the tv but I cant see shit. Are there any s video to rca adapters that have audio as well .. ? thanks

liquidboi69
09-09-2007, 06:33 PM
u have to buy a Y audio cord or something, at best buy they are like 5-10 dollars easily, its like plugging speakers into ur macbook and has the 2 red and white audio cords for the tv

The Cosworth
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
you need a 3.5mm to RCA wire.

Then you plug it into your headphone jacks and into the audio on the tv:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
you need a 3.5mm to RCA wire.

Then you plug it into your headphone jacks and into the audio on the tv:thumbsup:
Ive got something like that already.. it works on my ipod and I thought it would work on my macbook but it doesnt.. i think there is a setting I need to change on my macbook like I had to on my ipod. Anyone know the procedure to this? thanks

DannyO
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd highly recommend you go buy the Mini-DVI to DVI adapter (like 40 bux), then get a DVI to HDMI cable, then you can use your TV as a moniter (assuming you got a HDTV) as it will look ALOT clearer, the S-Video setup really isn't that good unless its on a normal CRT TV.

szw
09-09-2007, 09:32 PM
You shouldn't have to change any settings, just plug it into the headphone port and into the red/white RCA plugs on your TV, completely separate from the s-video adapter you bought.

kaput
09-09-2007, 09:34 PM