PDA

View Full Version : Why are Skylines illegal or something in Calgary?

DriveOrBeDriven
07-28-2002, 01:44 PM
Wtf is wit skylines not being allowed in Canada or what not, i Love skylines and I wanna see some people driving them here but i havent seen any:thumbsdow

todaB18c5
07-28-2002, 01:53 PM
yawn

GTS Jeff
07-28-2002, 02:28 PM
Well for one, Nissan doesn't sell them here.

rage2
07-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Go to Vancouver, there's 3 there on the streets with Washington plates.

exr90
07-28-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Go to Vancouver, there's 3 there on the streets with Washington plates.
this is true, i've seen them
http://www.motorex.net/m_home.html imports them

DriveOrBeDriven
07-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Yo rage2 whats this website, i wanna fuckin find out why

szw
07-28-2002, 03:20 PM
Some rich guys should organize a skyline group-buy with moto-rex. haha

4wheeldrift
07-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by exr90

But not into canada. The cars are not crash rated to be used on the roads here.

rage2
07-28-2002, 03:28 PM
http://www.riv.ca

It won't tell you WHY they don't allow imports, it just tells you what's is allowed here from the U.S. and what changed need to be made.

DriveOrBeDriven
07-28-2002, 03:33 PM
so what could they do to make all skylines allowed in canada?:dunno:

DriveOrBeDriven
07-28-2002, 03:34 PM
All this shit is stupid:madred:

4wheeldrift
07-28-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by DriveOrBeDriven
so what could they do to make all skylines allowed in canada?:dunno:

Motorex can supply a bunch to let transport canada crsah test them.

exr90
07-28-2002, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

But not into canada. The cars are not crash rated to be used on the roads here.

i forgot to add "to the US"
:rolleyes: sorry

DriveOrBeDriven
07-28-2002, 03:43 PM

Motorex can supply a bunch to let transport canada crsah test them.

Then why dont we do that?:dunno:

exr90
07-28-2002, 03:50 PM

whos is gonna profit from that? who is gonna pay for/buy crashed skylines?
moto-rex probably wont do it, they would have to research to see if there was a market up here
if i were in their shoes, too much time, not enough money to be worth it

i've also read somewhere on Revscene.net (cuz there is a lot of talk about importing skylines to vancouver) that if a car is 15 years or older, you can import it and drive it with little or no modifications...

Shoobs
07-28-2002, 04:17 PM
the skyline in F&F is ok

GP_DrIvEr
07-28-2002, 04:52 PM

if a car is 15 years or older, you can import it and drive it with little or no modifications...

hopefully that means we will see a few skylines in calgary in the far future :bigpimp:

DriveOrBeDriven
07-28-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Shoobs
the skyline in F&F is ok

Hellz yes it is:drool:

Originally posted by GP_DrIvEr
hopefully that means we will see a few skylines in calgary in the far future :bigpimp:

Ya man hopefully

Ferio_vti
07-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by GP_DrIvEr

Get an old skool Skyline. That would be cool to see...

4wheeldrift
07-28-2002, 06:30 PM

As it is, only the fat cats are able to afford them in the states. The cost of smashing up a bunch of cars like that is quite high, and that cost has to get made up somewhere. Because the skylines are imported in such small numbers, motorex can get away with rolling the cost of those crashed cars into the purchase price of the saleable vehicles. I doubt there would be enough demand for them in canada that it would be worth their time to smash a bunch of them up just for certification.

DriveOrBeDriven
07-28-2002, 06:48 PM

As it is, only the fat cats are able to afford them in the states. The cost of smashing up a bunch of cars like that is quite high, and that cost has to get made up somewhere. Because the skylines are imported in such small numbers, motorex can get away with rolling the cost of those crashed cars into the purchase price of the saleable vehicles. I doubt there would be enough demand for them in canada that it would be worth their time to smash a bunch of them up just for certification.

Well with the new f&f movie coming, i bet there will be more sales on skylines becuz it will have been publicised in that movie.

gpomp
07-28-2002, 07:44 PM

Well with the new f&f movie coming, i bet there will be more sales on skylines becuz it will have been publicised in that movie.

Uh, are people just gonna sell their houses and go buy Skylines because they saw it in a movie? :dunno:

mwmhong
07-28-2002, 07:49 PM

Target market for this type of movie is young teenagers and early drivers, that's why there is a big fuss over the PG-13 rating. I don't think many people in this category have that kind of money to spend on a car.

Ben
07-28-2002, 07:52 PM
Fuck I hate when people bring up that movie!

mwmhong
07-28-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Benny

Infidel!:madred:

Grand Damn
07-28-2002, 09:18 PM
dodge stealths are illegal in the U.S they say they get aways from cops or something stupid like that :dunno:

dj_honda
07-28-2002, 10:19 PM
Grand Damn dodge stealths are illegal in the U.S they say they get aways from cops or something stupid like that

mitsubishi 3000gt's are the same as dodge stealths are they not?
they are just sold under the mitsu name but are the same car

4wheeldrift
07-28-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Grand Damn
dodge stealths are illegal in the U.S they say they get aways from cops or something stupid like that :dunno:

What the hell are you talking about? Thats total :bullshit:

Ben
07-28-2002, 11:18 PM

What the hell are you talking about? Thats total :bullshit:

Werd!

Stealths are illegal? riiiiiiiight...and yet they allow TT Porsches, Ferraris and all sorts of other cars that are WAY faster stick around?

Think about what you just said man...weak...

max_boost
07-29-2002, 12:00 AM

That is so retarded, nothing gets away from the cops!

sexualbanana
07-29-2002, 12:21 AM
cop engines r incredibly fast. they may use a crown vic body, but engine wise, it's a whole different story. that crown vic will whoop virtually anyone's ass.

besides it practically doesn't matter that a car can outrun a cop car on the road because most major cities have helicopters now, and it's almost impossible to lose a chopper

Ben
07-29-2002, 12:48 AM
The crown Vic is trash...its nothing special...its the interceptors you gotta worry about...:nut:

kenny
07-29-2002, 01:19 AM
No car can outrun a radio.

boi-alien
07-29-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
cop engines r incredibly fast. they may use a crown vic body, but engine wise, it's a whole different story. that crown vic will whoop virtually anyone's ass.

besides it practically doesn't matter that a car can outrun a cop car on the road because most major cities have helicopters now, and it's almost impossible to lose a chopper

my friend was telling that they stuffed corvette engines into the crown vics.. so yea, they're supposed to be DAMN assed fast!

Ferio_vti
07-29-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by crxboi

my friend was telling that they stuffed corvette engines into the crown vics.. so yea, they're supposed to be DAMN assed fast!

That makes no sense. Vette engine in a Vic?? Doubtful, Ford body powered by Chev??? :bullshit:

Redlyne_mr2
07-29-2002, 10:53 AM
how did thris thread get so retarded???Everyone on this board (well almost everyone), knows there shit abotu cars..what is goign on:dunno: :dunno:

4wheeldrift
07-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

The interceptors are powered by the same 32V modular 4.6L they were using in the cobras.

mwmhong
07-29-2002, 12:15 PM

The interceptors are powered by the same 32V modular 4.6L they were using in the cobras.

Most cops don't like 'em, the LT1/LS1 Caprices were much better, more room, better handling, more rugged frame, mileage, braking, etc. Some PD's pay big bucks to to restore their fleets of old beat-up Caprice and turn away Fords. Kind of tells you something huh?

gpomp
07-29-2002, 12:15 PM
They have 235hp :D

http://www.fleet.ford.com/products/specialty_vehicles/2002_Police_Interceptor.asp

mwmhong
07-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
They have 235hp :D

http://www.fleet.ford.com/products/specialty_vehicles/2002_Police_Interceptor.asp

Ford has weak competition now, Chevy has the WIMPala, 200HP, FWD, what a POS, a pure patrol car, has to radio in the true workhorses when things get fast and ugly.

LT1 Caprices had 250-260hp, LS1 had 350hp.

One of these cars would :guns: the Ford Crown Vics!:burnout:

HOK
07-29-2002, 12:36 PM
even if you do get away from the coppers once... they make it a life's goal to get you in the future... trust me... they could all be on bikes. imagine the entire city police looking for you...:devil:

DriveOrBeDriven
07-29-2002, 01:14 PM
Cops scare the fuck outta me when they pull up be hind me and type in my liscense plate, it is fuckin :bullshit: and i just wanna drive away but i know that the cops would stay wit me or something else that would damage my car like a spike strip or something:banghead:

DriveOrBeDriven
07-29-2002, 01:14 PM
Why are we talking about the PoePoe anyways?:dunno:

Rydog
07-31-2002, 07:46 PM
my mom used to be a buyer for the city of Brandon. she brought home a spec sheet for the caprices for me to read(this was like 12 years ago). they did have the vette engines at that time, but not anymore, the vics on the highway have the cobra engines now (and not even all of them at that) and the ones in town get the 'city patrol' engine.

boi-alien
07-31-2002, 09:19 PM
yea sorry i mean the caprices! hehehe my bad guys my bad... i can't keep up with the domestic names :D

silvia S15
08-02-2002, 01:27 AM
well..
SKYLINES ARE RIGHT HAND DRIVE.....A BYTCH TO DRIVE THEM, AND HOW MANY OF U CAN DRIVE STICK WITH UR LEFT HAND? AND PLUS THATS ILLEGAL IN CANADA CUZ IF U HAVENT NOTICED WE DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE? ANYONE SAY SUICIDE LEFT HAND TURN?????
AND WHAT THAT OTHER GUY SAID ABOUT THE REGULATIONS OF THE CRASH TESTING STUFF...
ITS NOT SO MUCH OF THEM BEING ILLEGAL...I DONT REALLY THINK THEY ARE, NISSAN JUST DOESNT WANNA LET US NORTH AMERICANS TO FEEL THE POWER OF THE RB26DETT.

gpomp
08-02-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by silvia S15
well..
SKYLINES ARE RIGHT HAND DRIVE.....A BYTCH TO DRIVE THEM, AND HOW MANY OF U CAN DRIVE STICK WITH UR LEFT HAND? AND PLUS THATS ILLEGAL IN CANADA CUZ IF U HAVENT NOTICED WE DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE? ANYONE SAY SUICIDE LEFT HAND TURN?????
AND WHAT THAT OTHER GUY SAID ABOUT THE REGULATIONS OF THE CRASH TESTING STUFF...
ITS NOT SO MUCH OF THEM BEING ILLEGAL...I DONT REALLY THINK THEY ARE, NISSAN JUST DOESNT WANNA LET US NORTH AMERICANS TO FEEL THE POWER OF THE RB26DETT.

I know this is old, but it has to be done.

http://members.albertacars.net/gpomp/capslock.gif

BarryBeach
08-02-2002, 02:43 AM

Ahem! Retard!! Ahem!

Originally posted by Benny

Me 2 dood me 2 :banghead:

Masta Dz16
08-02-2002, 01:03 PM
Fuck the po po, Shit, lately i've been having a lot of close calls lately so far over the past three nights i've been havin these close calls, man cops are really starting to piss me off:banghead: :guns: . Hey who drives the yellow CR-X that i've been seeing up by superstore?>?>?