PDA

View Full Version : New To Mazda

tsuga
09-10-2007, 09:03 PM
im thinking about getting a RX8 But i here some bad things about some of the dealerships.

theres only three in calgary that iver found anyway

which ones have great service

sorry if my grammars off abit (or alot) im just real tired right now

thanks

Sharpie
09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Search this was just brought up not to long ago...

dj_rice
09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Kramer but some people have gotten bad service so its hit or miss...

Lots of ppl say stay away from Sunridge but go look around and see

Lex350
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
for service the only choice is North Hill. STAY AWAY FROM KRAMER!

I hope you have done your research beofre you buy this car. Go here:

http://www.rx8club.com/

jay42w8
09-10-2007, 09:24 PM
fucking Kramer piece of shit...they haven't even sent me my fucking Grad rebate check yet.....love my brand new Mazda though lol

tsuga
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
haha thnx guys
sry for the repost

?????
09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah stay away from Kramer.

Mangina
09-11-2007, 07:08 AM
I've heard the RX-8 is a big POS too.

heavyD
09-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
for service the only choice is North Hill. STAY AWAY FROM KRAMER!

I hope you have done your research beofre you buy this car. Go here:

http://www.rx8club.com/

Are alot of other owners experiencing the same issues that you have? I knew a guy that got rid of his because of constant re-flashes, poor gas mileage, prematurely worn leather seats and constant rattling in the interior but that pales compared to the failed engines and rust issues you have had.

Lex350
09-11-2007, 12:56 PM
MY experience with engines is rare for Calgary but if you look on RX8club there are many threads about engines going. By the looks of things the majority are 2004 cars but not limited to them.

Honestly with all the problems I've had that isn't the deciding factor not to get another one. I really like the car. It has enough power for what I need of it. I like the looks; especially the interior and the view out the front window. The mileage doesn't bother me. It's no worse than a bunch of other cars out there that I am looking at. I guess because the engine is so small people's expectations are that it should get 30 mpg.

It's the bullshit attitude from the Mazda dealers that has completely turned me off. I like some of the other vehicles Mazda puts out but won't go near them because of all the fighting I've had to go through with dumb-ass service coordinators and Service managers. I've said it before. They make you feel like you are on the defence stand in court when trying to get work done.

jay42w8
09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
is it just Kramer? I am seriously dreading the day I have to take my car in.....I'm already having enough trouble getting my fucking grad rebate check....:guns:

?????
09-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Well i've been serviced at all the Mazdas in Calgary and i thought Kramer was the best until one of the service advisors GEORGE tried to scam me.
Bought my car in for service and got a call a few hours later saying my car wasn't under warranty anymore. When i brought the car in that morning my kms was at 60092. He mentioned to me that its 3 years 60000. But really its 3 years 80000. I even asked him over the phone what my kms was and he said "sixty thousand ninty two". The phone conversation got kinda heated.
When i got there to pick up my car and talked to the service manager he said that George misread the 6 as an 8. Total BS because he read me my milege over the phone. Probably trying to pull a quick one on somebody who didn't realize their warranty is over at 80k. Didn't get an apology or anything. Fucking scammers!

Lex350
09-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ?????
Well i've been serviced at all the Mazdas in Calgary and i thought Kramer was the best until one of the service advisors GEORGE tried to scam me.
Bought my car in for service and got a call a few hours later saying my car wasn't under warranty anymore. When i brought the car in that morning my kms was at 60092. He mentioned to me that its 3 years 60000. But really its 3 years 80000. I even asked him over the phone what my kms was and he said "sixty thousand ninty two". The phone conversation got kinda heated.
When i got there to pick up my car and talked to the service manager he said that George misread the 6 as an 8. Total BS because he read me my milege over the phone. Probably trying to pull a quick one on somebody who didn't realize their warranty is over at 80k. Didn't get an apology or anything. Fucking scammers!

George is the worst!!! He tries to make everything the customer's fault. Kevin is the only good one at Kramer.

civicluva
09-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by rotten42

George is the worst!!! He tries to make everything the customer's fault. Kevin is the only good one at Kramer.

fuck, don't even get me started on George. His excuse is always "oh I'm new here" the damn guy's been there for over a year. Idiot.

test_drive
09-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I know that some folks have had issues with Sunridge, but my experience there has been mostly positive.

Last year I complained of a paint defect on the inside lip on my wife's 2003 MPV. They sent me to their subcontract bodyshop (Autobahn) and then they didn't call for a couple weeks. When I eventually called back (expecting a fight) they apologized for not calling me back -- and then they ordered a whole new door under warranty. The invoice ended up being something like $1500 (door, paint, labour).

I was expecting some touch-up paint... was going to do it myself but the wife convinced me to spend the weekend with the kids instead ("that's why we have a warranty"). But, I had a couple door dings so I didn't argue the new door too much. :D

....the service manager at the time (Jerry somebody-or-other) is no longer there, so things may be different. I hear that he left (not fired) shortly after approving my warranty work -- maybe that's why it was so painless? :dunno:

mikestypes
09-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Stay FAAAAAARRRRR away from North Hill....here was my experience with my MS3:

They are a complete joke. First, they are totally understaffed and it takes forever to bring the car in and pick it up. Their parking lot sucks too. they had no idea where my car was when I came to pick it up. Since it was not in the side lot, they said it was likely in their overflow parking a block down the street. Nope not there either. It was in the back of the dealership in the back lane.

Second, I made an appointment for two SPECIFIC recalls and a well known emissions CEL. I took the time to explain to them the code and the parts that were needed when I originally called to make the appointment. A week later I took the car in only to find that they don't have ANY of the parts and that I would have to bring the car back another day. Is it that fucking hard to order a bolt and solenoid, both of which wouldn't sit in stock for more than 2 days as they are both high demand items? Total morons working there.

While the car was there for the repairs, they backed it into something and damaged the rear bumper. They proceeded to not wash the car (which every dealer I have ever been to did when the car was in for warranty/recall work!), in order to try and hide the damage. I had to wait in the service line at 5:00pm on a thursday for half an hour because they only had ONE service advisor there. This was after I had already walked down the street carrying my replacement floor mats (yup another recall) and back, and seen that they had mangled the rear bumper! Once I got to the SA, he said the service manager would call me first thing in the morning to arrange the repairs, but you can guess that he didn't call....so I called and he had not even heard of the problem! So I had to bring the car back in again for him to see after the weekend.

On the weekend, I popped the hood to do my own oil change and what did I find, you guessed it, more damage! Somehow, they managed to break a 5 inch piece of the FRP rad support off and put a cigarette burn into the plastic intercooler ducting! Aside from the odd stone chip, my car was FLAWLESS before it went it and now it is damaged in three areas!

I took the car in again for the SA to see and he "found it hard to believe" that they caused the damage, to which I asked if he was calling me a liar......he back pedalled accordingly and we went back inside to order the replacement rad support (which is a huge piece that requires disassembly of the entire front of the car!) and make an appointment to fix the bumper damage. He wanted to "touch it up" instead of a repaint too....

Edit: I should mention that they are fixing/replacing all the parts that were damaged at their cost and that, so far, has proven to be relatively painless. I will update further later next week.

Lex350
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
so ro sum up, Mazda dealers in Calgary blow!

test_drive
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Perhaps, us Mazda owners can follow the train of people who drive to Edmonton for service -- I hear Weber is real good.

(We'd be following the BMW folks who go to Bavaria and the Subie folks who go to Rally) :D