PDA

View Full Version : Urban Barn - Good Quality?

Nizmo_GTR
09-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm looking to buy a sofa from Urban Barn. Has anyone bought any furniture from them? How is the quality of their furniture. The sofa is a bit more expensive than what I wanted to pay but if its good quality then its worth it.

Thanks.

sCream
09-11-2007, 08:55 PM
i have leather bar stools and dining room chairs from them, all seem to be holding up pretty well and ive had them for about a year now. No signs of any real wear and tear at all. Id definately buy more stuff from there.

They are really good with shipping the items as well. I picked mine up at the warehouse and they opened it up (very well packaged) and inspected it with me before i accept anything.. no kids throwing around furniture in the back room or anything.. its all very professional.

sputnik
09-12-2007, 07:42 AM
My sister has a bunch of stuff that she bought from Urban Barn over 5 years ago and its all in good shape.

CaptainReboot
09-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Most of those type of stores carry the same furniture lines anyways, so I'd look at who manufactured the furniture.

Places like that usually don't sell cheap stuff so I think you're ok.

driz6
09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/189994/fs-all-white-leather-sofa/

Check it out im selling an urban barn leather sofa

Lex350
09-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot
Most of those type of stores carry the same furniture lines anyways, so I'd look at who manufactured the furniture.

Places like that usually don't sell cheap stuff so I think you're ok.

LIke many shops they sell good quality and not so good quality. Do a little research on what you are buying.

CaptainReboot
09-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by rotten42

LIke many shops they sell good quality and not so good quality. Do a little research on what you are buying.

Agreed. Usually you can tell if something is cheap or not by just taking some time and look at the frame, the stitching, materials, etc.

tylere
09-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Pretty much all my furniture is from UB and it's been good so far. What I liked about UB is they keep most stuff in stock, I was able to get my couches, chairs, endtables and lamps a few days later. Most places have to order it and it takes 6-8 weeks if not longer.

Ed the SOHC
09-12-2007, 11:02 PM
UB sofa's are pretty good... Unlike sofa's at amber's, ashley, leons, the brick, etc... the back coshins aren't sewn to the sofa (usually this saves on material) so you can actually flip them over to keep them from sagging (Like flipping your mattress).

black_2.5RS
09-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I bought a sofa from Urban Barn. I love it, yes - it was more expensive at the end of the day but I thought it was a unique style and had a really good warranty in my opinion.

Paul
09-13-2007, 07:05 AM
I bought my bed from Urban Barn, I have nothing but good things to say about them. The guy's who came to set it up were clean/professional/quick. A year later I saw my bed for sale at The Brick for $400 more than I paid a year earlier at UB.

Yes, many of these places use the same suppliers for their furniture - if you see something there that you like I'd also be tempted to look around to see if you can't get it cheaper somewhere else. BUT, Urban Barn does seem to have very reliable pricing.

I wish the UB in Calgary was as big as the UB in edmonton...:(

CalgaryXXL
03-10-2013, 06:51 PM
you want something with a 25 year warranty for a couch. If it doesn't have a 25 year warranty they're expecting it to fall apart.

Ikea for example builds the fronts of their couches with cheap particle board.

rookie101
03-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by CalgaryXXL
you want something with a 25 year warranty for a couch. If it doesn't have a 25 year warranty they're expecting it to fall apart.

Ikea for example builds the fronts of their couches with cheap particle board.

Holy crap man, this thread is almost six years old. I don't think he's looking for advice anymore.........:rofl:

Unknown303
03-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Epic bump. My wife works there.. fyi............ :dunno:

codetrap
03-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Epic bump. My wife works there.. fyi............ :dunno: Does that mean you can get us deals?

Unknown303
03-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
Does that mean you can get us deals?

They really don't have a decent way of giving out deals to friends etc. They do a friends and family day a few times a year that usually is 10-20% off I believe. But I get fantastic deals. :D

nzwasp
03-11-2013, 09:10 AM
I have a leather sofa from Urban Barn that has lasted me 4 years so far and it still looks brand new to me.

suntan
03-11-2013, 10:35 AM
I like a lot of their stuff. It's pretty good quality. Their wood furniture is actually built quite well and isn't actually all that pricy.