PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat

SneakyNeek
09-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Aneone know is theres plans to revise the mortal kombat movies.

I think if they made a new one now it be pretty sweet.

like the other ones were in the 90's :drama:

al-ti2d
09-12-2007, 12:08 AM
they need some tony jaa!

gmoney82
09-13-2007, 01:33 PM
i remember watching MK1 in the theatres like in 1996 and people were cheering when Scorpion first appeared. Thought it was a pretty good movie at the time...

I saw it on TV a while back.....and i was like :banghead: the acting/action scenes were sooo bad...although i gotta admit the scorpion scenes are prety cool still

rmk
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I remember MK 1 and 2 back in the day in the arcades and feeding an endless amount of quarters into them. Hope they don't make another movie.

bulaian
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Bridgette Wilson :drool:

LadyTurbo
09-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek
Aneone know is theres plans to revise the mortal kombat movies.

I think if they made a new one now it be pretty sweet.

like the other ones were in the 90's :drama:

That's crazy because I was thinking the exact same thing just the other day... they really should make new movies!

nos_efx
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
I checked on IMDB and there is a script in production and possibly a movie by 2010.

I hope they make another spawn movie.

SneakyNeek
09-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by LadyTurbo

That's crazy because I was thinking the exact same thing just the other day... they really should make new movies!

haha yea i just knew at least one other person was thinking the same thing.

2010 eh. damn thats a ways away

mdeleon
09-13-2007, 05:50 PM
tho a new mortal kombat movie COULD be good, i kinda wanna see them make a dragonball movie lol. i wanna see someone turn super saijan... and wanna see if the "asian bangs" fad returns because of it.

i never had asian bangs btw ...lol

beecue
09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
^^^ they are making it ... http://forums.beyond.ca/st/189104/live-action-dragon-ball-z/ ... and I would like to see a new MK .. the first one I thought was awesome .. 2nd one changing the actors pissed me off

BerserkerCatSplat
09-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by beecue
^^^ they are making it ...

Oh, dear God. :cry:

Kavy
09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Oh, dear God. :cry:

2nd

Car forum means you should be at least old enough to drive a car, and if your watching dragon ball z then there is a problem.

However back on the main topic, I think a mortal combat movie NOW could actually be not bad if they decide to use actors this time.

ZorroAMG
09-14-2007, 08:09 PM
IMDB is your friend...

GET OVER HERE!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0293429/

beecue
09-15-2007, 12:36 AM
:) it says the guy who played raiden in the first movie is in talks to star in the new one

ZorroAMG
09-15-2007, 11:12 AM
And scorpion from the movies and tv show will be in the new one.

mdeleon
09-16-2007, 08:49 PM
ye i watched dragonball z as a kid, so i wouldnt mind seein a live action one considering the effects that are available.

i think it would suck, but i'd still watch it.

nos_efx
09-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I believe that would be Christopher Lambert. He was definitely a lot better then the second raiden

:) it says the guy who played raiden in the first movie is in talks to star in the new one

4doorj
09-19-2007, 09:11 AM
cool the first mortal kombat is sick!!!!!
my fav part is when reptile came alive and the movie voice said "reptile" like in the arcade , i was like "ah shit" and then him and lu kang would fight like crazy! damn that stuff was awsome!!! but the bicycle kick was dumb....

beecue
02-10-2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41758 ... :thumbsup: should be good

jsn
02-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

2nd

Car forum means you should be at least old enough to drive a car, and if your watching dragon ball z then there is a problem.

However back on the main topic, I think a mortal combat movie NOW could actually be not bad if they decide to use actors this time.

What's wrong with watching a DBZ movie? I'd love to watch a DBZ movie. I used to love DBZ as a kid so it would defintely bring back some good memories. I think it would be hilarious to see a real person go super saijin and grow asian bangs or something. I know it'll probably be the worst movie ever, but I'd still go watch it just for shits and giggles. And yes I'm old enough to drive, and have been for several years...:thumbsup:

oh yea and a remake of Mortal kombat would be cool, especially with the new CG they have now. Reptile in MK2 was good back then, but I watched it a while back and couldn't believe how bad it was.

beecue
06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
:eek: If this is the actual movie it's going to be sick! It's more likely for the game though I'm guessing.

9_MqZn7E-mk

n1zm0
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
:eek: If this is the actual movie it's going to be sick! It's more likely for the game though I'm guessing.

omg that was crazy!, but you may be right tho, this might be made just for the game because the style of filming doesnt strike me as being snippets from a full out movie.

still tho, potential real life stories on how each character became how they are is what makes it awesome and i always thought of baraka as a 'good guy' lol

ronaldo
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM

wowww that looks soo sick.:clap:

Jeremiah
06-08-2010, 02:27 PM
DO WANT

240SX92
06-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Looked pretty sweet... Except Baraka with dreads...

According to IMDB it's been in "production hell" for 13 years... Threshold filed breach of contract in making it against Warner... Says release date of 2013 now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/

Barlow
06-08-2010, 03:10 PM
wouldn't it havemade more sence for Sub Zero to be the good guy, and Scorpion the bad???

Also Johnny Cage is dead to start with?

Also where is Luo Kang?

I will see this movie, not opening day but yeah....the old sonya was hotter!

beecue
06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
We don't know it's a movie yet. Apparently it might be a test video to get funding from WB. Hopefully that's what its for and not for the upcoming game.

eglove
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
HOLY SHIT.

If you follow the game lore (or the comic/book lore), Scorpion is actually the good guy and sub-zero is the villain. Johnny cage got killed off in ultimate mk3 and was brought back to life. I can't remember all the stories 100% it could all be on wiki though

msommers
06-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Mortal Kombat 1 was and still is fuckin awesome :clap:

bashir26
06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
WOW too bad it'll come out in 3 years. They should totally get Nolan to make this movie.

Vagabond142
06-08-2010, 07:24 PM
From wikipedia, edited in today:

A third film is currently in the development stage with a tentative release date of 2010. After having read the script, Ed Boon has stated that the upcoming movie will be more of a reboot than a third sequel, as had been previously believed. A possible trailer has appeared on the internet showcasing Michael Jai White as Jax, Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade, Matt Mullins as Johnny Cage, Ian Anthony Dale as Scorpion and Lateef Crowder as Baraka. Kevin Tancharoen directed the short and Larnell Stovall choreographed the fight scenes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_kombat

mushi_mushi
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Mortal Kombat was an awesome video game franchise. I thought the original movie did a good job of bringing the characters to life. You had their special moves/ fatalities showcased, the action was good, soundtrack was decent. You have to consider the time period the movie was released in and compare it to movies built on similar premises. Look at street fighter and double dragon as a few examples, both were horrible movies in comparison. In the mid 1990s mortal kombat was still popular as far as video games went and had some sort of following, I cant imagine anyone would want to see it these days. The only thing appealing about the clip posted above is jeri ryan, if this film ever sees a release it will flop.

icky2unk
06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by mushi_mushi
Mortal Kombat was an awesome video game franchise. I thought the original movie did a good job of brining the characters to life. You had their special moves/ fatalities showcased, the action was good, soundtrack was decent. You have to consider the time period the movie was released in and compare it to movies built on similar premises. Look at street fighter and double dragon as a few examples, both were horrible movies in comparison. In the mid 1990s mortal kombat was still popular as far as video games went and had some sort of following, I cant imagine anyone would want to see it these days. The only thing appealing about the clip posted above is jeri ryan, if this film ever sees a release it will flop.

i disagree, i think it would do perfectly fine

mwmhong
06-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by eglove
HOLY SHIT.

If you follow the game lore (or the comic/book lore), Scorpion is actually the good guy and sub-zero is the villain. Johnny cage got killed off in ultimate mk3 and was brought back to life. I can't remember all the stories 100% it could all be on wiki though

That novel was written very good, it went into the history of Kung Lao and the MK tournament.

Scorpion was a the body of the son and spirit of the murdered father empowered by the god Yu to avenge the desecration of a river by Sub Zero.

Sub Zero had special armor that could draw upon the coldness of his soul and the whole story of the Lin Kuei ninja clan was badass, something like "those that didn't drown, starve to death, freeze to death, bleed to death, etc. became the Lin Kuei."

Johnny Cage got killed off by the extermination squads in 'normal' MK3, then he came back in MK Trilogy. Everyone thought cheap-ass Kabal was Johnny Cage in MK3.

JordanEG6
06-08-2010, 11:58 PM
The story is kinda butchered, but it's got a more modern and realistic feel to it. I like it.

hb2k
06-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I was a HUGE Mortal kombat fan like 10 years ago. Loved the characters and the story big time. I had forgotten about it completely till this thread. The first movie was entertaining for its time for sure.

That clip gave me goosebumps. Would love to see a new rebooted MK movie! :thumbsup:

beecue
06-09-2010, 01:16 AM
:clap: So it was made for WB. Based on the reception of the video, I think the movie will move forward.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5558850/that-mortal-kombat-trailer-jeri-ryan-explains

403Gemini
06-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I actually dig the realistic feel and them getting away from the campiness of the magic the games had. Sure it's fun for a video game, but if you want to watch a movie and take it a bit more serious, I'm fine with it.

sexualbanana
06-09-2010, 09:11 AM
They're trying to do with MK what Nolan did for Batman. Make the movie darker, and base it less on fantasy. I'd be interested to see how, if it ever happens, it's going to look at the end.

beecue
06-10-2010, 12:06 AM
More info from the director. http://www.collider.com/2010/06/09/kevin-tancharoen-interview-mortal-kombat-rebirth-feature-film/

Donmega
06-10-2010, 09:11 AM
I guess he's on the right track. Should be pretty good when it comes out!!

JordanEG6
06-10-2010, 10:18 AM
http://kotaku.com/5560010/the-new-mortal-kombat-trailer-is-pure-brutality?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kotaku%2Ffull+%28Kotaku%29

The game looks amazing. It appears they took the MK franchise back to it's roots, which I like.

403Gemini
06-10-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm happy 2D fighters are making a comeback with street fighter 4 now this. It's about time, 3d fighting is ALWAYS ruined by terribly slushy controls and bad camera angles.

anhsicun
06-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
http://kotaku.com/5560010/the-new-mortal-kombat-trailer-is-pure-brutality?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kotaku%2Ffull+%28Kotaku%29

The game looks amazing. It appears they took the MK franchise back to it's roots, which I like.

man i haven't play mortal combat as a lil kid, but this one looks pretty sick.

Barlow
06-12-2010, 11:42 AM
so it is a game.... not a new movie?

icky2unk
06-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Barlow
so it is a game.... not a new movie?

It's for a movie, that was just a random post about the new game

BrokenTwill
06-14-2010, 12:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk

Nope it's a pitch for the MOVIE to WB.

beecue
01-24-2011, 09:10 PM
So the director got a web series that will launch with the new game. Michael Jai White & Anthony Dale are going back. Jeri Ryan just tweeted she is in talks to come back as Sonya. Hopefully they make a movie after this too. :thumbsup:

rufi0
04-06-2011, 02:55 PM
The premiere episode will air on April 12 at 4pm PST on Machinima. Prior to the premiere, a four-hour live stream will be held featuring director Kevin Tancharoen, select guest actors from the show and gameplay footage from the upcoming Mortal Kombat videogame.

Here's the youtube to the live stream on the 12th.
5zD9yOfKIJ0

rufi0
04-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Jssd-Kotfjw

dj_patm
04-07-2011, 05:26 PM
omg I havent read the whole thread so maybe this was brought up but have you played the demo for PS3 for the new game?

Its EXACTLY like the first but with better graphics and a few new modes. Still only a Y axis though and still have the "Test your ..." challenges.

Buying two copies. 1 for me and one for some poor disadvantaged child so they can have some blood driven joy in their lives :)

rufi0
04-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Dude the ps3 demo rocks!! In fact, it convinced me to preorder this game and i can't friggen wait. I'm getting the edition that comes with bookends.

subby + scorp pic:

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Mortal-Kombat-Legacy-Sub-Zero.jpg

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Mortal-Kombat-Scorpion-Header.jpg

the new series looking good!

beecue
04-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Trailer

ov63lTUvNok?hd=1

Episode 1

6s6UiEuCYXA?hd=1

:thumbsup: Sick cast, I didn't know Tahmoh Penikett was in it too.

SmAcKpOo
04-12-2011, 02:22 PM
The production quality is balls.

Did you see Kano fly in to magically placed empty boxes? He grabs a gun off the shelf and instead of shooting Jax he tries to hit him with the gun? Come on.

I hope it gets better.

403Gemini
04-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
The production quality is balls.

Did you see Kano fly in to magically placed empty boxes? He grabs a gun off the shelf and instead of shooting Jax he tries to hit him with the gun? Come on.

I hope it gets better.

LOL, the boxes thing didn't bother me at all, but yeah I noticed how he tried to backhand him with the gun rather than shoot him :rofl:

95teetee
04-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by rufi0
Dude the ps3 demo rocks!! In fact, it convinced me to preorder this game and i can't friggen wait. Noob Saibot's tug-of-war fatality is #winning:D

rufi0
04-17-2011, 12:33 AM
NSFW-ish :poosie:

_6cHcmhTfk8

YTEKImARn_s

NvkYA_R5LkA

beecue
04-19-2011, 01:25 PM
PTSEa--Alkw?hd=1

Much better than the first one.

SmAcKpOo
04-21-2011, 08:14 AM
These episodes are way too short.

This one was definitely better.

nodoubtt
04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
went to the mortal kombat CD release party in dim mak studios in LA on tuesday night, they had some guy playing the game as the visuals for the club which was pretty sweet! lookin forward to this game

rufi0
07-25-2011, 04:43 PM
cyrax and sektor in this new episode if anyone is interested. pretty fucking cool if you ask me

-OwDyWfjb48

beecue
09-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Movie is being made. :clap: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82709

I hope they keep the cast from Rebirth, especially Michael Jai White, Jeri Ryan and Ian Anthony Dale.

J.D.
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
This would be so awesome if they put real money into it. And ill definitely second someone elses spawn comment thatd be wicked especially if they dont go comedy garbage this time.