PDA

View Full Version : Evolution VI TME or Evolution IX MR

Repofspeed
09-12-2007, 12:51 AM
My cousin in the states is having a hard time choosing between the two vehicles. He has a friend with a legalized Evolution TME and the dealerships are clearing out the IX's for the X. Which one would you personally get ?

4WARNED
09-12-2007, 08:14 AM
TME for the win.....(and that's coming from an EVO owner)...

I'd trade mine for a V / VI if i could.....:drool:

Hakkola
09-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Makinen FTW! That's a sweet ride. :thumbsup:

Trini
09-12-2007, 08:54 AM
TME anyday..great looking car and will stand out from the rest of the Evo's...collectors car

euro_racer
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
IMO Lancer Evolution IX MR is the better looking of the two

dj_rice
09-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Can someone post pics/differences between the 2...I'm too lazy for Google

A2VR6
09-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Can someone post pics/differences between the 2...I'm too lazy for Google

Evo IX MR:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/sahmto3/EvoMR/CrisB_Evo_IX_MR.jpg

Evo VI TME:

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2004/n04/evo8/800/11.jpg

... the V and the VI are my all time favorite Evo's.. however it's hard to argue against a brand new car with warrenty. I want to say Evo VI but my sensible side is saying Evo IX.

I'd say Evo IX.

Perfect Dark
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow that's an interesting question....you should tell him to pick up this month's copy of Sport Compact Car. That exact topic is the cover story haha.

According to the article the writer said that in TME Evo was the first car that ever prompted him to ask the owners whether or not he could buy it. He writes that it wasn't as fast, and didn't handle quite as well as the Evo IX...but the overall raw feeling and plain fun factor made it the car of choice for him.

arian_ma
09-12-2007, 10:04 PM
TME baby
EVO VI was the best EVO in my opinion.

iceburns288
09-13-2007, 09:08 AM
The TME is sooo sweet, but the Evo IX is newer, more reliable, you don't have to keep it stock (I'd imagine the TME would be kept stock), and you could probably get a good deal on one. I'm actually also looking at Evo IXs this winter because the Xs are coming and I'm applying to several unis up north.

Trini
09-13-2007, 10:29 AM
it depends on what you are looking for
the TME is a special edition Evo VI

"special edition Evolution VI was also released in 1999: the Tommi Makinen edition, named after Finnish rally driver Tommi Makinen that had won Mitsubishi four WRC drivers championships. It featured a different front bumper, Red/Black Recaro seats (with embossed T. Makinen logo), 17" ENKEI white wheels, a leather MOMO steering wheel and shift knob, a titanium turbine that spooled up quicker, front upper strut brace, lowered with tarmac stages in mind, a quicker lock to lock and amongst other colours, came in an exclusive shade of red with special decals, replicating Tommi Makinen's rally car's colour scheme. This car is also sometimes referred to as an Evolution 6½ or Evolution 6.5."

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Hard choice... I like the looks of the TME better, but I'd probably take an IX due to it just being newer.

03ozwhip
09-13-2007, 11:32 AM
well the TME is made for rally straight up. the IX is not setup the same, its what you think will suit your everyday driving needs i think. i use the TME for every Gran Turismo game haha, but id rather have a IX for daily. IMO.

ex1z7
09-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd rock the TME, but I like awkward daily drivers that aren't as comfortable as the newer IX is, it'd be a pretty sweet ride IMO.

treg50
09-13-2007, 12:39 PM
IX MR, all the way.

The VI TME was an awesome version to honour TM's and the VI's rally success together. Being the TME version definitely makes it a collector's and rally enthusiast's dreamcar.

IX MR is newer, more reliable, and has a manufacturer warranty. Either car will whip ass, but for my daily car I'd take the IX MR. Ultimately it's personal preference.

IX MR: modern-technology, updated & sleeker-styling, warranty.