PDA

View Full Version : Does telus offer Gsm?

zerocon
09-12-2007, 01:42 AM
http://www.telusmobility.com/about/press_room/releases/20051109_world_phone.html

I read this and I noticed they talk about offering GSM cards for telus "post paid clients" and it talks about use with unlocked phones? Does this mean now I can get a gsm phone and use a sim card? If anyone could clear this up for me that would be super!

Euro838
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
This just means that the phone they are offering can do both CDMA and GSM. It does not mean that Telus is offering GSM. There are phones available now that are able to do both CDMA and GSM i.e. Nokia N95

So what they are talking about is that you can buy this phone and subscribe to the Telus network, when you are overseas, you purchase a local provider's sim card and services. You will then be able to use the phone just like the locals there with a local number. This way you wouldn't have to buy another phone when you are overseas.

zerocon
09-12-2007, 12:24 PM
dammit ... sorry....Shoulda read better ... I am seriously considering switching over... owning a gsm phone would be soo much easier... telus is just giving me the hardest time with getting my phone fixed (again) They wont send the phone in from where i bought my warranty so I have to go to the head office blah blah blah

rawsensation
10-22-2007, 12:59 AM
cdma gives you more security but the phones they have at telus are gayyy, only would consider the HTC touch thou good phone, other than that gsm has more choices :)