PDA

View Full Version : mmm, makes me want chinese food.

benyl
09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/12/stomping.garlic.ap/index.html

NANUET, New York (AP) -- Stomping on garlic with your shoes on is apparently not the correct way to prepare food.

Dan Barreto, who sometimes ate at Great China Buffet, took this picture of garlic being stomped.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/09/12/stomping.garlic.ap/art.garlic.stomp.barreto.jpg

The Rockland County health department hit the Great China Buffet restaurant with two violations after someone took pictures of an employee stomping on a bowl of garlic with his boots in an alley.

The photographer alerted health inspectors.

"I go back there, and the guy's stepping on garlic," said Dan Barreto, who used to eat at the restaurant. "There he was just jumping up and down on it, smashing it up, having a good time."

The health department does not consider a person's shoe or boot a proper instrument to use in food preparation, senior public health sanitarian John Stoughton said Tuesday.

"It was a novel way to prepare food," he acknowledged. Video Watch customers react to reports of the garlic-mashing technique.

Great China Buffet owner Jiang Shu said the worker has been fired over the incident.

The health department said it would inspect the restaurant again.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

GQBalla
09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
meh...

more sick shit than that happens. guaranteed

Justing
09-12-2007, 04:07 PM
werd

although this is straight ridonkulous... *probably* better than rat droppings.

but thne again whos to say there weren't rat droppings in the bowl that hes stomping garlic in.

SCHIDER23
09-12-2007, 05:02 PM
:barf: :barf: I'm pretty sure there is a bit of piss and feces in that garlic mashing technique, hell there might even be hair mixed into it, you be surprise on how much shit we step on everyday :barf:

dj_rice
09-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
meh...

:werd:

It makes asian food more authentic anyway...and what you dont know cant hurt ya...

jay42w8
09-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

:werd:

It makes asian food more authentic anyway...and what you dont know cant hurt ya...

Amen dj_rice, White Pride worldwide right? :werd:

dj_rice
09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8

Amen dj_rice, Nammer Pride worldwide right? :werd:

Corrected...

Zephyr
09-12-2007, 06:46 PM
that adds extra flavor to it duhhh...secret ancient Asian flavoring techniques

01RedDX
09-12-2007, 06:49 PM

RX_EVOLV
09-12-2007, 06:51 PM
mah I've seen and expected worst. .. thats chinese food for ya

dj_rice
09-12-2007, 06:55 PM
In the paper yesterday I think, a asian meat shop got shut down and fined for unsanitary conditions....thats expected and meh......if it was a caucasian meat shop..I'd be like OMG thats so nasty and dirty...

TomcoPDR
09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
meh...

I'm for certain that even with the foot stomping, it's still 79.82% safer than the China made fake garlics.

l/l/rX
09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
i've probably ate a few feet, along with a few pieces of rat poo while i was in HK...

i ate at some pretty grungy ass places, but damn the food was fucking AWSOME! nothing like here.

my friend brought me to this one place, theres maybe like 5 different little restaurant booths crammed together, you get waitresses asking you which place you wanna order from... the place was dirty as fuck, like seriously a DUMP!

we ordered a set dinner of mostly all sea food...and wow it was probably some of the best chinese seafood i have ever had!

soo many times where ive ate in HK that i've been quite skeptical about the food, but whatever, it tasted good and im still alive. it may have given me the shits after but its all good.

dj_rice
09-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
i've probably ate a few feet, along with a few pieces of rat poo while i was in HK...

i ate at some pretty grungy ass places, but damn the food was fucking AWSOME! nothing like here.

my friend brought me to this one place, theres maybe like 5 different little restaurant booths crammed together, you get waitresses asking you which place you wanna order from... the place was dirty as fuck, like seriously a DUMP!

we ordered a set dinner of mostly all sea food...and wow it was probably some of the best chinese seafood i have ever had!

soo many times where ive ate in HK that i've been quite skeptical about the food, but whatever, it tasted good and im still alive. it may have given me the shits after but its all good.

:werd: :werd:

White people need to build a tolerance/grow some balls for ghetto food, big sissys
:rofl: :rofl:

gatorade
09-15-2007, 01:21 AM
I wish I ate dog when I was younger too

in*10*se
09-15-2007, 01:24 PM
wait til they get pictures of the alley cat that was stomped on and put into your ginger chicken...

Datsun-Fever
09-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

:werd: :werd:

White people need to build a tolerance/grow some balls for ghetto food, big sissys
:rofl: :rofl:

I guess we better, if we know beforehand that an Asian will be preparing our food :rolleyes: