PDA

View Full Version : "Latino" rides/crew/club

izzoblitzo
07-02-2003, 10:22 PM
I know we've all been told about the latino heat civic with the once bling bling hub caps.. and now wire rims... but up until today, I thought nothing of it.

I saw three different cars, at different times within a 3 hour span... all with LATINO in white sprawled accross the windshield... a teal civic hatch, a white pontiac grand am (early 90s), and a teal ford tempo (I think).

Each had their own 'mods'.. with the grand am with the least mods... Oakley decal on the back windshield, LATINO accross the front, true enough, what looks like a latino wearing a bandana in a really low seating position... he was waiting outside the westhills superstore.

The other two, I saw coming home from work. The civic had hub caps, both had windshield washer lights, and red wiperblades and LATINO as a banner. The guy in the civic wore a white du-rag.

Does anybody know if these guys are like, friends, or are they part of a 'crew' or something? maybe its coincidence, but I find it kinda funny to label your race with your ride. Im all for pride and all, but I wouldnt go as far as putting Chinese or Asian or anything in that matter across my windshield! however, I've seen a PINOY-EXTREME cavalier before.. hehe

lammer
07-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

Im all for pride and all, but I wouldnt go as far as putting CHINSESE or ASIAN or anything in that matter across my windshield!

yeah but you would put chinese right? :P hehe

izzoblitzo
07-02-2003, 10:30 PM
heh! good eyes! I was typing a bit fast.. :)

Zephyr
07-02-2003, 10:52 PM
in cali u see a lot of pryders here..... one asian dude had a civic or an integra cant remember but it had ASIAN on the side... and another car witht he same decal, but he was white...:rofl:

TalonVelocity
07-02-2003, 11:13 PM
damn that chick in ur sig is hot.. who is it?

EVOI
07-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
damn that chick in ur sig is hot.. who is it?

that is BOA, a singer from Korea!

FiveFreshFish
07-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Jeez, if a white guy had "WHITE POWER" on his windshield, he'd be labeled a card-carrying member of the KKK.

Nice double-standard. :rolleyes:

Dope Dealer
07-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Jeez, if a white guy had "WHITE POWER" on his windshield, he'd be labeled a card-carrying member of the KKK.

:werd:

So true....

DUBBED
07-03-2003, 10:49 AM

ive had that arguement with my friend many many times... i have a bunch of black and asain friends.... nothing is ever solved...

mwmhong
07-03-2003, 02:21 PM

It might not be, because that phrase 'White Power' is closely associated with racial hate groups.

Originally posted by lammer

yeah but you would put chinese right? :P hehe

No, La-CHINO Heat! Viva la RICE-ah! :bigpimp:

hjr
07-03-2003, 05:35 PM
well ill say this, it doesnt matter what 'race' you are, it is completly gay to throw a big sticker on your car proclaiming it. White, asian, black, latino, whatever.

THREE40SEVEN
07-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

It might not be, because that phrase 'White Power' is closely associated with racial hate groups.

How 'bout "WHITE LOVE"?

KoukiS14
07-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Anyone else seen the "bosnian heat" pontiac?

Abom
07-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by hjr
well ill say this, it doesnt matter what 'race' you are, it is completly gay to throw a big sticker on your car proclaiming it. White, asian, black, latino, whatever.

XylathaneGTR
07-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Yah...If i had a car, and i put giant ass "WHITE PRIDE" stickers along the side, i'd get my ass kicked for being "racist." If i was of asian roots and put "Viet Pride" on the side, no one would erally say anything...
Personally i think people take racial pride wayyyyyy too far...Like, making it your total way of life and having it influence every little thing you do is a little too much, i think...

lammer
07-04-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Like, making it your total way of life and having it influence every little thing you do is a little too much, i think...

thats called beliefs, or ideologies.

Johnny@CustomAuto
07-08-2003, 12:03 AM
I see that Latino car everywhere. Too funny, I know everyone has their own way of expressing their creativity, but for real??

I agree with mwmhong, white power is associated with hate. Where as viet pride is not. It's not like us viets went around beating up other races yelling "viet pride". Also, if I saw a banner that said English Pride, or, Polish Pride, I would not associate that with hate.

SI-vic
07-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Yah...If i had a car, and i put giant ass "WHITE PRIDE" stickers along the side, i'd get my ass kicked for being "racist." If i was of asian roots and put "Viet Pride" on the side, no one would erally say anything...
Personally i think people take racial pride wayyyyyy too far...Like, making it your total way of life and having it influence every little thing you do is a little too much, i think...

Viet Pride
White Pride

If I put Viet Pride, its just saying I have pride in being Vietnamese
If you put Italian Pride, nobody will call you racist, same goes with French Pride, and etc.

It's one thing to be proud of your culture, but its another to be proud of a color.
When people say White Pride, its like being affiliated to a racist group, KKK often say stuff like this, and thats why its a racial comment. When people say, Asian Pride, its not so racist because there arent really any racial asian "slangs" affiliated to it like the KKK and "white pride".

kevie88
07-08-2003, 07:16 AM
I've got so many euro countries blood in me I'd have to get one that said :

:rofl: Shit-Mix Heat :rofl:

mad_psyentist
07-08-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by SI-vic

It's one thing to be proud of your culture, but its another to be proud of a color.
When people say White Pride, its like being affiliated to a racist group, KKK often say stuff like this, and thats why its a racial comment. When people say, Asian Pride, its not so racist because there arent really any racial asian "slangs" affiliated to it like the KKK and "white pride".

Good point!

To each their own, I guess. I myself would feel kinda uncomfortable seeing a sticker stating a group of people of any kind on a car. Hard to explain without stickin' my own foot in my mouth as race/group is a touchy subject. I'd be thinkin the potential for people "not being nice and happy" would be greater around a car who was boasting a "Latino" sticker... or any group sticker to begin with.

rice_eater
07-08-2003, 09:26 AM
there's this white chick that i always see at my work and she has an old beat up crx with chrome hub caps and her whole back window is covered by

EL CHICO RICO...wtf???

colinderksen
07-08-2003, 07:43 PM
I think Im getting a decal that says Cracker Pride. :D
But Mighty Whitey would be cool right? :bullshit:

AquamosH
07-08-2003, 09:00 PM
I live by that Latino Heat car; see it all the time. It's owned by this chick I went to high school with, at least she's always the one driving it (never talked to her so don't know for sure).

Anyways, you guys think that those "got rice?" stickers fall into the same category?

AquamosH
07-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14
Anyone else seen the "bosnian heat" pontiac?

i haven't, but is it worth any attention?

frostyda9
07-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by colinderksen
I think Im getting a decal that says Cracker Pride. :D
But Mighty Whitey would be cool right? :bullshit:

Damn straight, I'll get some "cracker-ass whiteboy racing" decals printed up so the honkies can represent too.

mad_psyentist
07-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by AquamosH

Anyways, you guys think that those "got rice?" stickers fall into the same category?

Guess it would depend on the car (eg on a domestic or a stock). I'd laugh at it more than anything else.

5.9 R/T
07-09-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by colinderksen
But Mighty Whitey would be cool right?

Hahaha, 4G63power you need that on your talon! :rofl:

Cracka ass cracka!

B17a
07-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by frostyda9

"cracker-ass whiteboy racing"

:rofl: :rofl: I'd pay for one of those....even though I'm not white!

colinderksen
07-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Hahaha, 4G63power you need that on your talon! :rofl:

Cracka ass cracka!
But I dont have a Talon :dunno:

mwmhong
07-10-2003, 11:04 AM
I wise person told me that those who loudly proclaim pride in their race have little else to be proud of.

It's not something that you accomplish, it is something you are born with and everyone belongs to some race, so what is there to be proud of? :dunno:

Me chinese, me so proud! :rolleyes:

AquamosH
07-10-2003, 02:20 PM
I wise person told me that those who loudly proclaim pride in their race have little else to be proud of.

It's not something that you accomplish, it is something you are born with and everyone belongs to some race, so what is there to be proud of? :dunno:

Me chinese, me so proud! :rolleyes:

SwitchBlade
07-10-2003, 10:56 PM
i saw one today it said something like native pride but a white guy was driving it i was like wtf so being latino and posting on your car is better than not being latino but personally i wouldnt have any decals

izzoblitzo
07-11-2003, 12:29 AM
was it a truck? I saw a trunk (I think it was white) down at superstore... big honkin GMC truck... a native guy was driving it... white "native pride' sticker on the back window, and a 'dream catcher' dangling from the windshield mirror... also seen a native guy wearing a shirt that mocks the Intel Inside logo... it said "indian inside"

Slow5Oh
07-11-2003, 01:42 AM

You mean like the "I AM CANADIAN" slogan??

There is nothing wrong with having pride in you race/culture, unless you over do it.

mad_psyentist
07-11-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Slow5Oh

You mean like the "I AM CANADIAN" slogan??

There is nothing wrong with having pride in you race/culture, unless you over do it.

:thumbsup:

I think the I AM CANADIAN thing is different. It means a whole different thing to be proud of being Canadian or American or whatever. I think country pride is ok.

Mike09
07-12-2003, 11:23 PM

mwnhong Said it best.

sxtasy
07-13-2003, 01:22 AM
I've seen a few funny stickers. Bumper sticker on an old beat up pick up truck, with about 4 natives in it...it said "get back to work white man...my truck aint paid for yet"
I used to see an old Bonneville with about 6 foglights in the front...window sticker "PAK STYLE"
Old beat up Prelude "L ebonese
W ith
A ttitude"
Old Grand Am headed to the reserve "REZ RYDERS"

hash
07-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
"get back to work white man...my truck aint paid for yet&quot

ouch!....:nut:

Abom
07-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by mad_psyentist
I think the I AM CANADIAN thing is different. It means a whole different thing to be proud of being Canadian or American or whatever. I think country pride is ok.

Yep, Canada is a huge multicultural country, with Asian people, African people, Latino people, any race you can name. It's also the country you live in, which encorporates all people, environment, etc, in it. Where-as in most cases, "racial pride" means you're proud of your race, and everyone else can go fuck themselves.