PDA

View Full Version : what are you doing over winter break?

avow
09-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Seeing how some of us are putting our cars into storage now I was just wondering what plans you guys might have for mods over the winter months? let me start:

For sure:
new lsd tranny (if i can ever source one)
open up the darn dash and replace all the burnt out lights (probably all in blue leds http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=151983&highlight=speedometer)
install the short shifter and momo wheel i have had sitting around forever (ill pm you soon redlyne, i got the right hub now)
fix the damn leaking t-tops

maybe:
get hids (waiting to see ghettobaby's setup :D)
find a toms body kit and get the car over to screaming paint works.

stealth
09-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Mine has been sitting since the end of April / beginning of May.

I probably won't have time to work or drive it for awhile, so no new mods...

Redlyne_mr2
09-13-2007, 12:48 AM
koracing sells new lsd trannies as does 2rsus

avow
09-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
:eek: couldnt find one at 2srus but omg i didnt think they would be that expensive. :banghead: stupid second gear grinds when i shift hard. seriously, what a pain.

mr2mike
09-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I'll be doing what I've been doing the whole year... not driving my stupid car.

Just trying to keep the miles low... you know. I hope to have less than 1mile on the new engine before winter.

red99600
09-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
I'll be doing what I've been doing the whole year... not driving my stupid car.

Just trying to keep the miles low... you know. I hope to have less than 1mile on the new engine before winter.

^ doing the same thing

sh0ko
09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
led conversion
fix my grounds to my oem fog lights for the h3 bulbs
custom horn ring
new wheels + tires and alignment

03ozwhip
09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko
led conversion
fix my grounds to my oem fog lights for the h3 bulbs
custom horn ring
new wheels + tires and alignment

i thought you were selling yours..

sh0ko
09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
^^^ changed my mind.. invested a little too much money into the car im gonna loose...cant really bear to lose my mr2
o yah

get myrear cf fibred for the 94 tails
and if anybbody needs new resistors for the led conversion

let me know

ima jack em from u of c during my labs this year :)

Ghettobaby
09-13-2007, 01:11 PM
sending my car to a body shop (3rd time hopefully it gets done), building and putting my head on my engine (maybe even buying a stroker if I find a job) and ceramic coating my manifold, dp and turbo.

Ek9Max
09-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by red99600

^ doing the same thing

^^^^

After the widebody i'm gonna just park it. No point driving it EVER....

thinmyster
09-13-2007, 06:26 PM
ct20
ko downpipe
H&T endlinks
new tie rod/ball joints
new leather seats
suede headliner t-top shades

Paint?

jvillain
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
After the widebody i'm gonna just park it. No point driving it EVER....

You say these things just to get a rise out of me don't you?

couldnt find one at 2srus but omg i didnt think they would be that expensive. stupid second gear grinds when i shift hard. seriously, what a pain.

http://car-part.com/

TE4MFaint
09-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I'll be enjoying my 3SGTE alllll year round :bigpimp:

stealth
09-16-2007, 10:35 PM

You looking for a new tranny?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to build one?

I am in need of a new tranny too, I have a spare one here I might build up, if I ever find time. :rolleyes:

Ekliptix
09-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Parking the Mustangm driving the jeep, and snowmobiling in BC on the weekends.

jvillain
09-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to build one?

No. Just the parts alone to do the syncros are more than half the price of a new tranny. Get a used E-153 from a 6 cylinder Solara or Camry and swap the guts over into your existing case. Far cheaper and easier than doing a rebuild. Thats why I put up the link to car part.

A790
09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
+ Fidanza lightweight flywheel
+ Berk DP
+ GReddy TD06S turbo + manifold + wastegate
+ GReddy Profec B
+ New rims/tires (haven't decided yet)

Looking at about $6,000 when everything is said and done, and hopefully mid-12s with reliability and one hell of a smile :)

Ek9Max
09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
you're gonna have to get some fuel upgrades to achieve 12's. and you won't need a berk dp if you get the greddy kit. It comes with it's own DP

Redlyne_mr2
09-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
you're gonna have to get some fuel upgrades to achieve 12's. and you won't need a berk dp if you get the greddy kit. It comes with it's own DP
He has a g3... should be able too...

You might want to scratch that flywheel man... they suck on mr2s.. takes longer to build boost if youre dragging as well.

98GS400
09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I got 3 things I want to do:

- buy some winter tires
- slide the heater control over to the hot setting
- drive it

stevo 27
09-17-2007, 03:50 PM

He has a g3... should be able too...

You might want to scratch that flywheel man... they suck on mr2s.. takes longer to build boost if youre dragging as well.

wouldnt it be the exact opposite??

less rotating mass therefor quicker rev's the faster you can rev up the faster you can build boost wouldnt you say?

A790
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Ek9Max

Oh really? When I asked the dude from Yoshio's shop (here in ON) he had no idea. Oh well, good for me- I'll be ordering through Autodream anyway :)

A790
09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Yea, and I thought a lighter flywheel would make it easier to build boost and put power down to the ground?

stevo 27
09-17-2007, 04:31 PM
that's what ive always been told and thought

i know forsure throttle response is way better with one

A790
09-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27
that's what ive always been told and thought

i know forsure throttle response is way better with one

My only concern was drivability, but I'm sure it will be fine. I'll throw it in, and if I find that it does more bad than good I'll take it out. No biggie.

stevo 27
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by A790

My only concern was drivability, but I'm sure it will be fine. I'll throw it in, and if I find that it does more bad than good I'll take it out. No biggie.

only thing i found when i was driving buddys car was

like everyone else says easy to stall when taking off

jvillain
09-17-2007, 07:50 PM

The 3 post yahoo's on MR2OC who say that have their heads up their ... They are also completely ignoring the laws of physics. That is like saying putting your foot on the brake will make you go faster. I have one on my car and it works fine and it doesn't make it harder to drive. The only issue I have found with the the Fidanza is that the friction surface is made out of a harder metal than a stock fly wheel. That makes it harder to find a clutch that will work for you. I am currently running a CM stage 3 and it is working well.

A790
09-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jvillain

The 3 post yahoo's on MR2OC who say that have their heads up their ... They are also completely ignoring the laws of physics. That is like saying putting your foot on the brake will make you go faster. I have one on my car and it works fine and it doesn't make it harder to drive. The only issue I have found with the the Fidanza is that the friction surface is made out of a harder metal than a stock fly wheel. That makes it harder to find a clutch that will work for you. I am currently running a CM stage 3 and it is working well.

I have a Bully Kevlar clutch- I hope it will be okay :)

stevo 27
09-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by jvillain

how's the engagment on the clutch master's

i gotta pick up a clutch asap

A790
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
So a sudden change of heart has left me on the fence.

Either:

+ GReddy TD06S upgrade ($4,000)

OR

+ Custom stereo, including 10" sub in-car ($2,000)
+ Gramlights + rubber ($2,200)

I'm kind of torn. The car is making decent power right now, and I figure the flywheel will make it feel faster and up the fun-factor a bit. The stereo wouldn't be a monster unit, but something that was custom-built into the car (with cupholders). Thoughts?

stevo 27
09-17-2007, 10:07 PM
TURBO KIT TURBO KIT TURBO KIT

oooo i have pretty rims and a loud stereo

OR

fucking rights when i hit the gas i get tossed
into my seat so hard feels like my skin is gonna rip off and hit the back window

jvillain
09-18-2007, 06:47 AM
The key to making a clutch work with a fidanza is having a heavy pressure plate. The CM stage 3 is kevlar + heavy PP. It doesn't feel particularly heavy but it is a bit grabby. I wouldn't do the full drive down town in rush hour on the Deerfoot with it. Keep in mind that that I have 300hp and am launching at up to 5000rpm on race spec tires at some events.

If you are running a stock fly wheel with a stockish engine then a light PP + your disk of choice would have a little smoother engagement.

Spec just sucks.

avow
10-30-2007, 10:34 AM
well thats the end of that, putting mine away today after a nice wash :cry:

Moe Man
10-30-2007, 11:16 AM
clean it, and wait untill spring to sell it, then buy a vett :nut:

avow
10-30-2007, 11:31 AM
:barf:

Berg9987
10-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Fix rust on floors (this weekend)
Finish rebuilding rear fenders (almost done)
Fix rust on roof (almost started)
Carbon fibre hood (en route)
Sway bars (en route)
Winter tires
New heater fan
Start working on new engine (en route)

A790
10-30-2007, 01:59 PM
+ Turbo kit install + proper dyno tune
+ Custom stereo/USABLE cup holder installation
+ New rims/rubber
+ New steering wheel
+ Fix T-Top
+ Reupholster driver and passenger seats
+ Boost controller install

That's about it. This winter will show me hopefully +50-75whp, cup holders (thank god), and some minor shit.

frenchy101
10-30-2007, 04:30 PM
gh