PDA

View Full Version : new to the city and need a Toyota mechanic

5G_celica
09-13-2007, 09:36 AM
hi all,

I need to take my 92 celica in to get my rear engine mount, power steering pump and valve gasket replaced.

I did a search on this forum and I hear a lot of peple say hu's garage, so I brought it there. didn't realize that they specialize in Honda. does any one know anyone that is good with toyotas at reasonable rates?

Thanks for your help

test_drive
09-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Try Elmo's Auto on 32nd Ave NE. He's a Toyota guy, and I (and family) has always had good luck with him. My lil' brother used to say that his honesty was his best trait (even if his shop didn't always have the latest toys).

My lil' brother actually got a REFUND when Elmo couldn't chase down an electrical issue, when did you ever hear of another shop that did that? Years ago, I went there with an old 90 Corolla a few times, and it was alright. Elmo had some pretty generous policies as far as guarantee of work, and reasonable rates. He'd actually troubleshoot and repair, as opposed to rip 'n replace.... saved me a few bucks.

Mind you, I haven't had a Toyota for a few years so things may be different -- maybe Elmo needs to pay for his kids' college now. :D

You could also try Stampede-Lexus Toyota -- I always thought there were pretty good (albeit, expensive).

db1
09-13-2007, 09:55 PM
yeaaah elmo's auto
thats my uncle!
its a good shop, and he's been around for so long, can't go wrong when going through him!

5G_celica
09-14-2007, 12:59 AM
ok, I'll go check that place out. does he do OPP's by any chance?

frozenrice
09-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by db1
yeaaah elmo's auto
thats my uncle!
its a good shop, and he's been around for so long, can't go wrong when going through him!

cool, any hookups for a fellow db1 driver? LOL! I need my truck fixed.

5G_celica
09-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Cool just Called elmo today, sounded pretty nice. I'll bring the car in on monday and see how it goes. I hate looking for a good mechanic, so if this works out.. I'll stick with him..

Thanks for the advice