PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2007-08 Season

Pages : [1] 2 3

beecue
09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I thought we should have a nba thread this year ... Greg Oden is done for the year ... news conference in an hour .. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-oden091307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns .. that sucks .. I wanted to watch him play

Jynx
09-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Greg oden wont live up to the hype. He will never average 20 and 10. At best he will be a 15pt 8reb kinda guy. Definetly not a game changer.

bball2
09-17-2007, 01:23 AM
I was looking forward to the season opener of Oden vs Duncan, but I guess that ain't gonna happen. I still think Oden will make an impact when he returns to the NBA, maybe not as big as Shaq or Duncan in the last decade but put up respectable numbers.

pinoyhero
09-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Kinda off topic, but is anyone in for a very active yahoo roto league this year? $20 a head type thing?

USHER
09-17-2007, 08:53 AM
boston is comming out this year!

bigboom
09-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by USHER
boston is comming out this year!

they still need a pg...im not too high on rondo right now but he may be better then expected. but it will be interesting to see how ray ray, kg and p^2 do together, hopefully there won't be any ego issues.

brucebanner
09-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by bigboom

they still need a pg...im not too high on rondo right now but he may be better then expected. but it will be interesting to see how ray ray, kg and p^2 do together, hopefully there won't be any ego issues.

I agree, if Boston meshes together in the very least bit, they are going to tear apart the east in a bad way..

Lets go Toronto! haha

DGill
09-17-2007, 09:32 AM
^ i agree boston has good potential this season

USHER
09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
well they picked up eddie house to backup. but i would have went with bevin knight instead. and they picked up james posey
they are gonna be sick

aklalani
09-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Kinda off topic, but is anyone in for a very active yahoo roto league this year? $20 a head type thing?

Im in

beecue
10-17-2007, 11:18 PM
boston is looking good in preseason .. kapono should be good for the raptors .. hit some shots tonight .. cant wait for the season to start .. with kobe on another team :thumbsup:

slick2404
11-20-2007, 01:47 PM
did this thread die or what.
how about orlando, thier ripping it!

urbannomad
11-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by slick2404
did this thread die or what.
how about orlando, thier ripping it!

them and New Orleans.

beecue
11-20-2007, 03:21 PM
watched orlando vs boston the other day .. great game .. how come Mitchell is not playing Garbajosa? .. he is a pretty decent player

urbannomad
11-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by beecue
watched orlando vs boston the other day .. great game .. how come Mitchell is not playing Garbajosa? .. he is a pretty decent player

He still isn't fully healed from when he broke his foot/ankle last season...plus he played for spain in the summer, so i'm guessing he's not totally at 100% more like 90%. Plus, i love having jamario moon play for this team. another JYD type of guy. :thumbsup:

DGill
11-21-2007, 12:22 AM
do u guys think cleavland will rip it up this year?

urbannomad
11-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by DGill
do u guys think cleavland will rip it up this year?

no, only lebron will. larry hughes isn't as good as he was.

i can see boston and detroit, with the unexpectedness of ORL doing well this year. i'll always wonder about the wiz, they are kind of a wildcard, and the bulls are a disappointment thus far, as are the raptors. :banghead:

DGill
11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
yah the bulls dissapointed me as well, but boston damm imo there goin all the wayy

beecue
11-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Cleveland is going no where this year ... nice win for the raps tonight ... Bosh has been sick the last couple of games ... looks like Washington is done for the season .. Arenas is out for 3 months ... Chicago is getting blown out every other game :nut: .. they need to trade for Gasol .. or pull the trigger on the Kobe deal

brucebanner
11-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Kobe is not going anywheres, he will not be treated the same way he is in LA. He owns that team basically and although he IS the best player in the league (IMO) whatever team he would go to (bulls) it just wouldnt be the same for him.

Raptors are doing o k a y so far this year. Last nights game verus Dallas was brutal though, to loose the game after having a 24pt lead.

It would be nice if bosh really comes into his own this year. Kanpono, Delfino and Moon are playing real well into Sam's system. Although I wish Moon would stop shooting so many three's and longer two's.

I think the Raps can get deep into the playoffs until they face Boston in the East..

DGill
11-22-2007, 09:01 AM
i'd actually like to see Kobe on the bulls, it would be interesting how that would work out

LongCity
11-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Whew! How bout them Spurs taking Orlando whom of which defeated some top tier teams from the east. Tim has really slowed down after his plantar fasciitis season but the team is so strong and they are definitely making up for it.

pinoyboy88
11-22-2007, 09:24 AM
wtf happend to kings?!?
mike bibby is to sick

LongCity
11-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Kings went downhill after the Jason Williams, Vlade Divac, Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic, and Doug Christie era.

aram1000
11-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Been a good season so far, good to see Orlando doing what they are doing, same with new orleans. Toronto is starting to look good now, and boston is amazing, they are getting 50 wins this year, now I just need my warriors to pick up the slack so we can hopefully see a Suns Warriors matchup in the playoffs this year, which would be amazing. I think this year there is gonna be a huge log jam in the middle of the pack of the league this year and come towards the end of the year the playoff race is gonna be real tight

pvirk
11-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Kobe is the best player in the league and no matter what people say he is a game changer. He is gonna stay in LA no matter what, because of the fact the only reason he wants to go to the bulls is to play along side deng, but in a trade LA would ask for him so there is no point, and second farmar and bynum are not looking to bad

pvirk
11-22-2007, 12:58 PM
The kings were good yea during the early 2000, but they were never a team that could go all the way they always fell short

pvirk
11-22-2007, 01:00 PM
i also want the warriors to pick it up so we can see another playoff upset, and aramm is right this year will be good with a whole bunch of teams looking like they can make a run for the playoffs, bulls suck right nowwww

beecue
11-25-2007, 11:10 PM
I wonder if chicago is going to turn it around ... was today the first time the raptors were on CBC?

LongCity
11-26-2007, 02:01 AM
There will not be a GSW and Suns conference final simply because the Spurs will be in there somewhere.

max_boost
11-28-2007, 12:53 AM
What is up with Lebron? Is he possessed? He's putting up Oscar Robertson type numbers! :eek:

The Celtics lost their second game today but they could easily be 13-0 vs 11-2.

brucebanner
11-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Raptors are playing well again, which is nice to see. Very solid game for them tonight across the board. Lets see what they do against LBJ friday

bigboom
11-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by bruceod
Raptors are playing well again, which is nice to see. Very solid game for them tonight across the board. Lets see what they do against LBJ friday

hopefully bosh, bargnani and ford are back in time otherwise its going to be a rough game. but calderon has been playing amazing ball.

LongCity
11-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Bosh has been quite quiet for most of the season so far, he's gotta pick up the pace soon my little t-rex looking like friend!

brucebanner
11-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

hopefully bosh, bargnani and ford are back in time otherwise its going to be a rough game. but calderon has been playing amazing ball.

Ford hopes to be back for friday, I figure that both Bosh and Bargnani will be back as well.

Raptors have a such a deep team that it will not be the end of the world if they all dont make it back. Kapono, Delfino, Moon, everyone has been playing good.

Maceo Baston has played real well when he had to play when Rasho was out. Moon is a defensive monster and I cant wait for him to come into his own on the offensive end too. Even Joey G played well with his limited time on the floor yesterday, and it was only his third game playing.

Things are looking up for Friday, LBJ sprained a couple fingers on his shooting hand last night I do believe.

EDIT: Any of you guys play ball throughout the week? I used to play at the tailsman quite a bit. Now I play at the crowfoot YMCA on saturdays..

bigboom
11-29-2007, 12:29 PM

Ford hopes to be back for friday, I figure that both Bosh and Bargnani will be back as well.

Raptors have a such a deep team that it will not be the end of the world if they all dont make it back. Kapono, Delfino, Moon, everyone has been playing good.

Maceo Baston has played real well when he had to play when Rasho was out. Moon is a defensive monster and I cant wait for him to come into his own on the offensive end too. Even Joey G played well with his limited time on the floor yesterday, and it was only his third game playing.

Things are looking up for Friday, LBJ sprained a couple fingers on his shooting hand last night I do believe.

EDIT: Any of you guys play ball throughout the week? I used to play at the tailsman quite a bit. Now I play at the crowfoot YMCA on saturdays..

yeah he sat out the last half of the pistons game last night, the cavs without LBJ are nothing so hopefully he is still out, he had a big ice pack against it. the only thing is i thinkn they held him out only because it was such a big blowout.

brucebanner
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
From reports so far today it does NOT look like like LBJ will be playing, but I bet he will..

Bosh seems to be okay, Bargiani says he will be back and TJ Ford should be coming off the bench for Calderon.

Should turn out to be another victory for the Raps if everyone goes well tonight!

pvirk
12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
i think that if rondo can play weel all year long the celtics are taking it all, but the truth is the east sucks

bigboom
12-04-2007, 01:31 PM
the east doesnt suck...the east has just been a victim of big name injuries this year. ie. lebron (recently), wade (shoulder, knee), arenas (knee), bosh (tendinitis). it used ot be a larger talent differential between east and west but that gap has closed sginificantly.

5hift
12-04-2007, 01:49 PM
^^
Dont forget the best center in the game in Dwight Howard

beecue
12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
:eek: Ford left on a stretcher ... I hope he is not done for the year .. or maybe career :(

12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Good news, he is okay. Horford suspended for a game without pay.

bball2
12-28-2007, 03:42 AM
The Celtics just won as many games as they did during the entire season last year :thumbsup: And we're only one third of the way through the season.

brucebanner
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
They are on pace with the Bulls when the Bulls set the record as well!

bball2
01-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Meh not anymore, lost 3 out of their last 4 games. Twice to the Wizards

Mixalot27
01-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Has anyone been to a live NBA game before? I'm going to be in Orlando Jan 31 and might go to a Magic - Heat game. I only want to spend like $30 on the tickets though. Is it worth it to sit in the upper sections? Can you see whats going on?

beecue
01-29-2008, 11:36 PM
The Heat suck shit .. they got killed tonight and Garnett and Allen didn't even play ... I haven't watched that many games this year .. any spare time I have I watch tv shows ... usually watch TNT on thursdays cuz Barkley is jokes .. can't believe NO is in first .. let's see what they can do in the playoffs .. and Jamario Moon is in the dunk contest lol .. I wonder if he will be any good

bigboom
01-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by beecue
The Heat suck shit .. they got killed tonight and Garnett and Allen didn't even play ... I haven't watched that many games this year .. any spare time I have I watch tv shows ... usually watch TNT on thursdays cuz Barkley is jokes .. can't believe NO is in first .. let's see what they can do in the playoffs .. and Jamario Moon is in the dunk contest lol .. I wonder if he will be any good

jamrio has hops but he isnt as creative as gerald green or rudy gay and to be honest im not sure he has the ability to do anything crazy in the air. one guy that id like to see in the contest but isnt is nick young, that guy can throw some sick dunks down. too bad the best dunker in the game doesnt play in teh nba...james white would be a real treat to watch in the dunk contest.

beecue
02-01-2008, 05:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AooDR7VopldKYLHcuuCCBQ.8vLYF?slug=ap-grizzlies-lakerstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns .. Gasol to LAL .. crazy .. and all they gave up was shitty Kwame Brown ... Chicago should have tried to get him sending Gordon or something

brucebanner
02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Well, Lakers just got a whole lot of crazy. Kobe, Odom and Pau, wonder if they will play well with Pau in the mix.

Best dunker out of the NBA I would think so as well with James White. I still think that VC is hands down the best dunker ever, especially to be in the NBA.

lexIS300
02-01-2008, 09:02 PM
more like kobe,pau,bynum when he comes back healthy.

odom is far to inconsistent

bobby_lu
02-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Can't wait to see the Lakers in action, especially once Bynum is back!

beecue
02-02-2008, 12:35 AM
:rofl: Kobe is happy .. dropped 46 on the raps on a back to back .. Pau should be fine in the triangle .. can't wait to watch them play

max_boost
02-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Lakers are serious about making a run! :eek:

bball2
02-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Kobe had some pretty sweet throw downs last night, but even with Pau Gasol I don't think they'll make it past the second round of the playoffs.

5hift
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Gasol, Bymum, Odom, Bryant and Fish makes a pretty good lineup and they have a decent bench as well. Its pretty much dependant if Gasol can stay healthy which he has never been able to do.

5hift
02-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Report: Shaq for Marion deal in the works

Plus who cares, this is much much bigger .... off Rotoworld

The Miami Heat have told Shaquille O'Neal and his representation that they should be prepared for him to be traded in the near future.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Phoenix has discussed sending forward Shawn Marion and point guard Marcus Banks to the Heat in return for O'Neal. Shaq's representatives said they have been made aware that discussions with Phoenix are serious and ongoing, but that a deal was not definite. Marion can opt out of his contract worth $17.1 million at the end of the season. And if he opts out, the Heat would then have substantial salary cap space this offseason, when potential free agents include Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Marion, Antawn Jamison, Ron Artest and Corey Maggette. Stay tuned. Feb. 5 - 6:30 pm et

Shaq with the Suns? I'm not sure about this. There goes their run n gun style and he hasnt even been able to stay healthy. I see this making the suns worse not improving them.

signature7
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah wtf, it'll change up the whole style. It'll be like the suns when amare came back from surgery only to throw the team off. the only positive of this is unloading marcus banks

5hift
02-05-2008, 06:05 PM
well Marion is leaving the Suns at the end of this season regardless ... no way they can pay him what he wants. It will change their style, but they'd be trading someone who is leaving regardless, for the greatest center of all time in the NBA. Who knows, playing for the best team in the NBA might motivate Shaq.

beecue
02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
don't know about this .. Shaq kind of sucks now .. but maybe he wants another championship and will be ready for playoffs :dunno: .. supposed to happen within 48 hours

bobby_lu
02-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Pending a physical tomorrow the deal is done, ESPN is reporting

max_boost
02-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Shaq to the Suns! :eek: Can't wait for him and Kobe to collide in the playoffs, presuming Shaq still has game. The Heat fucking suck this year. WOW. I'm not following the NBA very much but WTF is wrong with them? Old & Slow?

The West is so stacked. Might need 50 wins to even make the playoffs. :eek:

bigboom
02-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Shaq to the Suns! :eek: Can't wait for him and Kobe to collide in the playoffs, presuming Shaq still has game. The Heat fucking suck this year. WOW. I'm not following the NBA very much but WTF is wrong with them? Old & Slow?

The West is so stacked. Might need 50 wins to even make the playoffs. :eek:

injuries have killed the heat this year, wade didnt start playing till december-ish and is still feeling some effects of the injury, mourning then got a career ending injury, shaq has been out for the last 2 months and is a shadow of what he used to be. So essentially on that squad you are left with haslem, j-will and ricky davis...and haslem has had some injuries as well.

beecue
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Good debut for Gasol .. they are playing again tonight .. Kobe had 6 points and was happy as hell lol .. and now with the Shaq trade .. Kobe and Shaq in the same division :D

bigboom
02-06-2008, 05:40 PM
haha kobe and shaq should be fun although if i remember correctly they dont hate each other anymore :)

bball2
02-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Shaq for Marion...

Uhm, yeah...

Even being a huge Phoenix Suns fan, I just don't see how Shaq was the best Kerr could do for Shawn Marion :dunno:

bigboom
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by bball2
Shaq for Marion...

Uhm, yeah...

Even being a huge Phoenix Suns fan, I just don't see how Shaq was the best Kerr could do for Shawn Marion :dunno:

the more i think about this trade themore it interests me because really all the GM's knew that Marion wanted out making it hard for Kerr to get anything fair in return. Secondly phoenix wanted someone that could draw a double team AND be able to guard Duncan and Bynum without requiring double coverage. That killed them last year when they had to give Duncan double coverage always allowing one of the spurs to be open.

With D'antoni's more relaxed practices compared to Riley i think Shaq has a chance to make it work in Phoenix.

beecue
02-16-2008, 09:54 PM
:eek: did you guys watch the dunk contest .. that was sick !!!!!!!!!!!!! ... I can't believe Green didn't get a 50 for the candle .. that is insane and all of Dwights dunks were awesome :D

Dj_Stylz
02-16-2008, 10:00 PM
:werd: Dwight killed it!

ajooo
02-16-2008, 10:00 PM
dwight is for real.
his dunks were sick.

brucebanner
02-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Sweet contest, too bad Dwight didnt actually DUNK on the superman dunk though.

I think Moon should have got in the finals before Green..

urbannomad
02-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Sweet contest, too bad Dwight didnt actually DUNK on the superman dunk though.

I think Moon should have got in the finals before Green..

haha, exact same sentiments...this was ONE of those nights that will be remembered....

anyone notice/hear the snoring sound when magic/dr.J kept on talking :rofl:

DelSoln
02-17-2008, 12:38 AM
^He brought up a valid point though. Doing a dunk like that with socks is extremely under rated. Green shouldn't have repeated the same dunk and should have did it earlier though. Either way it was Dwight's night.

max_boost
02-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Dwight Howard is such a beast. So innovative with his dunks. The Superman dunk is going to be one of the most remembered dunks for years to come.

urbannomad
02-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln
^He brought up a valid point though. Doing a dunk like that with socks is extremely under rated. Green shouldn't have repeated the same dunk and should have did it earlier though. Either way it was Dwight's night.

oh i know, i play sports myself. hardwood can really hurt if you put more weight on the other leg.

also 3-pt...kapono man, 25/30! and all the money balls....just sick!
:thumbsup:

I still think it shoulda been moon vs. dwight. but oh well, if you can blow out a candle while dunking.....:rolleyes:
don't get me wrong. It was creative, but there was nothing in the actual birthday cake dunk.

brucebanner
02-17-2008, 04:06 AM
The Bday cake dunk was real good I thought, it would of looked better if he had of brought the ball back further off of the oop catch..

Howards off the back of the glass windmill was SICK

Kapono was lights out in the 3pt contest, that man can shoot!

I agree with the Moon/Howard thing though.

Quinsonaaa
02-17-2008, 04:33 AM
SUPERMANNNNNN!!!:bigpimp:

02-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Superman dunk was nice but I dunno if it is just me but I don't think it is AS good as people make it seem. What was so spectacular and special about it aside from the fact that he dressed up? Yeah I know there is like no big man with hops like Dwight's but he missed the dunk by just a little and threw it in unless that can still be classified as a dunk.

Aside from that Dwight did deserve to win it and it was the 2nd best dunk contest within this decade.

brucebanner
02-17-2008, 07:50 PM
The fact that he almost jumped out of the building doesnt mean much to you?

wiggaplz
02-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Dwight's one of the best big man dunkers all time. Bar none. Only guy is that is on his level or maybe better was prime Shawn Kemp.

Fuck, those guys were monsters to watch.

Moon did pretty well.

Announcers were on Dwight's nuts when he dressed up. Typical americans.

bigboom
02-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 590221010
Superman dunk was nice but I dunno if it is just me but I don't think it is AS good as people make it seem. What was so spectacular and special about it aside from the fact that he dressed up? Yeah I know there is like no big man with hops like Dwight's but he missed the dunk by just a little and threw it in unless that can still be classified as a dunk.

Aside from that Dwight did deserve to win it and it was the 2nd best dunk contest within this decade.

its still classified as a dunk, do you know how far above the rim you got to be to throw it in like that? that was the most amazing part was jsut the air that he got. the first dunk of his was still amazing though being able to jump with a fear of hitting your head on teh backboard.

moon imo screwed up by putting the tape down, if he didnt put the tape down he would have a higher score.

02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I thought he did that 'cause he didn't have the range to put the ball in, I guess I am one of the few that thinks it would have been more impressive if he was able to do a classic dunk where you actually make contact with the rim.

bigboom
02-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 590221010
I thought he did that 'cause he didn't have the range to put the ball in, I guess I am one of the few that thinks it would have been more impressive if he was able to do a classic dunk where you actually make contact with the rim.

the reason i still call it a dunk is because i think a dunk is classified as "throwing it down" while dwight never ripped the backboard off he still threw it down. think of it this way if you were to lower your net in your driveway to a height you coudl dunk at and then dunk throwing it using a a "classic dunk" and then try elevating enough to throw it through like dwight i bet you would have a LOT more trouble doing it dwights way.

max_boost
02-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Yao is done for the year! :eek: There goes the Rockets chances of doing anything this year.

beecue
02-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Yup .. I bet he stopped now so he could play in China .. might be more important to the NBA :dunno:

02-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Apparently if they found out he had a broken foot after playing 2 or 3 games instead of 9 he would only be out for a month and a half vs the 4 months because of the 9 games he played with the foot.

DGill
02-27-2008, 12:42 AM
man that sucks with yao gone, what a dissapointment

nodoubtt
02-27-2008, 03:27 AM
how do you not know you have a broken foot for 9 nba games?

urbannomad
02-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by nodoubtt
how do you not know you have a broken foot for 9 nba games?
stress fracture, not broken... plus these guys are built, all that muscle kind of counteracts the pain, because it can be supported by the large/strong muscles, right? :dunno:

Lakers are taking it....they are too damn good imo.

pvirk
02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Lakers are the team to beat and you all know thats a fact, yea the celtics are sick and all but still kobe is the man

marion is a greedy bastard ahahah

02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Lakers Vs Celtics in the finals?!

bigboom
02-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by urbannomad

stress fracture, not broken... plus these guys are built, all that muscle kind of counteracts the pain, because it can be supported by the large/strong muscles, right? :dunno:

Lakers are taking it....they are too damn good imo.

the pain alll professional sports athletes play through are crazy, im guessing yao just thought it was something that woudl go away. if you look at how the teams are treated they are always getting iced down, heated up...with all that going on its tough to diagnose problems sometimes.

gd3_kid
02-29-2008, 12:17 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=Storylines-080228a&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dhollinger_john%26page%3dStorylines-080228a

dunno if that link will work, but finally the Raps are getting some recogntion south of the border.

DGill
03-05-2008, 12:58 PM
cleavland canmaybe do some damage if ben wallace starts to play like before

brucebanner
03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
In the East I think its going to come down to the Pistons, Celtics and Cavs ( in that order as well )

The west is still a toss up as for whos going to come out on top but damn the Lakers are tearing it up!

Spurs are still the team to beat! Doesnt matter what anyone says, they are last years champs, makes them the team to beat for sure!

EDIT: Rockets are playing well without Yao, Tmac is tearing it up.

03-05-2008, 06:26 PM
In the East I think its going to come down to the Pistons, Celtics and Cavs ( in that order as well )

The west is still a toss up as for whos going to come out on top but damn the Lakers are tearing it up!

Spurs are still the team to beat! Doesnt matter what anyone says, they are last years champs, makes them the team to beat for sure!

EDIT: Rockets are playing well without Yao, Tmac is tearing it up.
I agree with pretty much everything you're saying, but Lakers is still lacking consistency on defense though, example: Last night!

The Rockets real test without Yao will begin after tonights game, Dallas and NO. Should be interesting!

DGill
03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
^^ i agree, rockets r tering it now

03-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Rockets beat the Mavericks!!!! Although the Mavericks did not have Dirk, but I think it's a fair since Yao is out. Now that makes it 17 in a row!

5hift
03-07-2008, 12:22 AM
^^

Rockets are better off without Yao IMO.

Yao does have skill, but he doesnt play with heart and he forces the Rockets to change their natural style of play. Besides Yao, the rest of the team is built to run and gun. With Yao, they would slow down the game and run plays for him in a way it seemed only to justify using a #1 pick on him and paying him a ton.

Its hard to respect a 7'6 guy who gets rejected reguarily by guys more than a foot smaller than him. I think I lost all respect for him when I saw tiny Nate Robinson (whos like what 5'6), reject Yao twice and posterize him multiple times in the same game ... your 7'6, when your under the net dunk that shit, wtf are you doing a fadeaway bank shot for?

03-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
^^

Rockets are better off without Yao IMO.

Yao does have skill, but he doesnt play with heart and he forces the Rockets to change their natural style of play. Besides Yao, the rest of the team is built to run and gun. With Yao, they would slow down the game and run plays for him in a way it seemed only to justify using a #1 pick on him and paying him a ton.

Its hard to respect a 7'6 guy who gets rejected reguarily by guys more than a foot smaller than him. I think I lost all respect for him when I saw tiny Nate Robinson (whos like what 5'6), reject Yao twice and posterize him multiple times in the same game ... your 7'6, when your under the net dunk that shit, wtf are you doing a fadeaway bank shot for?
I don't recall Yao getting dunked on by Nate multiple times or Yao getting blocked by 6'6" guys on a nightly basis either. Yao barely jumps at all, maybe like a 6 inch vertical for his jump shot. You make it sound like it's impossible for him to get blocked, he's not athletic and not mobile either. If a guy can dunk the ball he can block Yao.

On a side note, Mavericks are now 7th seed! West is so tight.