PDA

View Full Version : buying out of province car question

4doorj
09-13-2007, 11:47 PM
im selling my car to this guy in bc... he had it checked out from a friend here whos not a mechanic, said its all good, hes in calgary

he wants me to drive it there and get his other friend to inspect it ...
who is a mechanic... if he also likes it he will buy it.... but until then hes 70 percent....

when buying out of province car... isnt carfax/inspection/pictures good enough????

hes scared that the mechanic isnt good enough, his friend is better...
but a certified mechanic is as safe as u can get....
do u not think this guy is being over cautious????

i dont want to drive there and him say no its not good drive back
not worth 20 hours of driving, 2500 kms on my car, and time

hes willing to put $400 to cover gas and extra $100 for me, which personally is not enough

im not scared of his friend checking out my car or an inspection , i have nothing to hide, just dont want to waste all those things i mentioned earlier
what do u guys think?

Killa_Kam
09-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Well if he said he will give you $500 to go to B.C.
Tell him to just get a flight from westjet for him and his mechanic.
then if they like the car, they can drive it back to B.C.

a one way ticket right now on a tuesday from vancouver to calgary is $128+ TAX

Hopefully this helps you out man:thumbsup:

GL with sale:burnout:

topazdude
09-14-2007, 12:14 AM
you should get him to come down here to check it out if he is serious about buying it, you can tell him that you will bring it to any mechanic here

Team_Mclaren
09-14-2007, 12:17 AM
tell him you'll get the dealership to do it, or have him to fly here himself. Dont waste your time.

CRXguy
09-14-2007, 01:41 AM
yeah, i'd tell him he can pay whichever honda dealers here to do the inspection, then have them fax the paperwork to him. if he was serious, he'd fly out or have no problem having the dealer here check on his behalf.

4doorj
09-14-2007, 08:04 AM
yeah i guess i forgot to mention hes too busy to get him and his mechanic here at the same time... their times of dont match

yeah and i told him i will take it to any honda, he then replies "how do i not know u will know the mechanic", so then i said find, :dunno: , ill take it to a american dealership like chev or ford...

i want to sell the car, i dont need to sell the car... so its not like im in a rush or anything, i would just rather sell it...hahaha

i think hes being way to overcautious with everything :dunno:

4doorj
09-14-2007, 08:07 AM
oh and i also gave him a inspection that i had done 4 months ago... 7000 kms ago(he says who knows something could of happened between those 4 months, but thats what carfax is for).... and i told him i would do another...

Deetz
09-14-2007, 08:14 AM
You could just get everytihng put in writing. I know there's no question about your car passing, so it should work out for you.

Hash_man
09-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Unless he is willing to give a significant deposit along with covering travelling fees I wouldn't waste my time.

BrknFngrs
09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
what about having him phone a dealership here and let him set it up? Then it rules out you knowing someone at the dealership since you wont know which one he will choose and if hes paying he should be able to tell them that he wants the results faxed to him before you see them (no way for you to persuade them to make/remove any notes on the inspection, not saying you would, but more to ease his mind)

4doorj
09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
what about having him phone a dealership here and let him set it up? Then it rules out you knowing someone at the dealership since you wont know which one he will choose and if hes paying he should be able to tell them that he wants the results faxed to him before you see them (no way for you to persuade them to make/remove any notes on the inspection, not saying you would, but more to ease his mind)
ive tried everything.... i think he has trust issues or something

Masked Bandit
09-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Are you kidding me?

I wouldn't even bother calling this guy back. You're going to get out there and he is going to lowball you on the price because he knows you've come all that way and you don't want to take your car home.

Drop the whole deal.

BrknFngrs
09-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
ive tried everything.... i think he has trust issues or something

In that case hardball him about coming out with his mechanic, don't present any alternatives to him and if he decides that he's not willing to do that, let em walk. I agree with with the above post, he wants to put you in a weak position to negotiate from by having you go there.

4doorj
09-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Are you kidding me?

I wouldn't even bother calling this guy back. You're going to get out there and he is going to lowball you on the price because he knows you've come all that way and you don't want to take your car home.

Drop the whole deal.

yeah thats the total risk i dont want to take....

man if only alberta people wanted my car... absolutly no interest in the car local, because of winter in alberta

all the interest in my car is in BC