PDA

View Full Version : Importing a 4x4 with a lift kit?

CK4500
09-14-2007, 12:11 AM
I found a Toyota in the US that I want to buy and bring back. It has a 3" body lift on it (and I plan on adding another 6 to 12 inches). Will it pass inspection with a lift kit?

I am new to the whole 4x4 lifestyle! I've being dreaming of a Toyota 4x4 with a lift kit forever. Any suggestions on kits, and shops that do good work?

Thanks!

TKRIS
09-14-2007, 11:14 AM
I see you're in Red Deer:
You'll have to go through all the crap you normally would to import it, but as far as I know, if the 3" lift was installed correctly it won't exclude your truck from being safetied.

If you're looking for ANYTHING 4x4 related around here, the only guy to talk to is Eric at Buzzard Industries (403-343-7380).
A lot of people will tell you to go to Rocky Mountain Off-Road, which was good advise up till about a year ago when Mark and Eric sold it.

You *might* pay a few $$$ more for parts, but believe me when I tell you that the extra 5-10% is well worth the customer support, experience, and technical knowledge that with Eric gets you.

For the love of baby jeebus and all things holy: Stay the fuck away from Canada Custom Vehicles (CCV). Horrible horrible horrible...

CK4500
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Haha! CCV is a no! Got it!

I actually know Ryan, who started up Buzzard. He was my neighbour. I will have to make contact with him.

Thanks for the info!

TKRIS
09-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Speaking of...
A friend of mine is going to be selling his Toyota pretty soon.
I think it's an '82 (solid front axle).

Thing is seriously built. Strong Ford 5.0L (specialty adapter so he could keep the toploader tranny). 10" lift, brand new 38.5 Boggers, fresh paint, rear mounted rad, etc, etc, etc.

This truck would go through pretty well anything his other truck (custom buggy on 49s) would go through.

If you're interested, I'll ask him what he wants for it and get you a picture.

inline6turbo
10-09-2007, 11:30 AM
^^ i'd be interested if it's still available