PDA

View Full Version : Got into an accident

pattyt
09-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Well guys, i am officially an idiot and a banged up my moms minivan while driving it. The accident was "my fault" (cop says), but yea to hard to explain, this is where i need you guys to help me. I have been fined 110$ and 3 demerit points for unsafe turning and when the cop told me about it he said that i can go meet a crown attorney and tell him my story to see if hell drop/ease the fine and charges. This is my first time dealing with anything like this and i know people have probably gone this route before, so what do i do?

ps i am only 17 if that changes anything.

gofastmerc
09-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Details man, details.

natejj
09-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Any witnesses? Need more details.

ctruo
09-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Lol learn how to drive!! If cops say its your fault it probably is! Most likely you made an illegal or unsafe turn due to your lack of experience on the road, but no excuses!! Your license requires you to know the rules of the road!! Being 17 changes shit, 110 is not a lot, and 3 dermit points will cost you in the long run. Suck it up and hit puberty my friend. If only hair could be used as money...... the possibilities?

88CRXGUY
09-14-2007, 07:43 PM
We need to know what happened before we can help you, we can't read your mind..Or can we?

pattyt
09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
no witnesses , like people saw it but no one stayed there to tell their story.

Basically, i was in a lane and it was a turning lane that people can turn both ways on in the middle of the road. and some taxi drives down this lane and blocks my turn...so after 5 miniutes of deciding i figure that ill go around the taxi ( BAD IDEA ! ) and so i try to find a spot back into the normal driving lanes...this is a EXTREMELY busy street....after a little while i finally saw a spot and i went for it, but little did i know a car that was in the most outer lane turned into my lane like 5 seconds before and right when i go into the lane to go around the taxi this lady passes by and I hit the side of her car.

now her car is pretty bad, my in the front end a little banged up, jus a new bumper and quarter panel,

Cop already wrote up the report, so im at fault and i dont think theres any way to get out of it..

so im wondering is it worth it to go to the crown atorney and what should i tell / prepare for it.

ctruo
09-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by pattyt

Basically, i was in a lane and it was a turning lane that people can turn both ways on in the middle of the road.

Is that possible????????????????????

pattyt
09-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ctruo

Is that possible????????????????????

yea its in the middle of the road...and people can either turn right or left on it depending on which side of the road they are on/ need to get too.

liquidboi69
09-14-2007, 07:53 PM
so this is what i think he did but im not totally sure...

for example in downtown there are tons of streets where u ahve 2 turning lanes that turn right or left for example... so a DUAL turning lane

he was on the inside, and a taxi pulled up from perpindicular street coming from the street on the left... and was sticking out on the turn, for example for those of u who ahve driven downtown on 3rd street(TD Square) on 5th ave.. ppl seem to pull up and not let you turn even tho its green for u becuz the lane is too full

then he decided to move from his inside lane to the outside lane to turn "around" the taxi, and he hit someone.

I think this is what he meant, or i could be TOTALLY wrong lol

but if thats what i think you did, that is totally an unsafe turn u basically turned from the inside of the dual turn to the outside lane of the dual turn to get around the taxi in front of u

88CRXGUY
09-14-2007, 07:54 PM
It is possible..Maybe you should go with Pattyt and redo your drivers test.

http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/INFTRA_Content/docType45/Production/dhpage48.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

ctruo
09-14-2007, 07:55 PM
^lol

88CRXGUY
09-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Thats what I got what happened aswell.

pattyt
09-14-2007, 07:58 PM
lol comon guys anyone ever need to go to a crown attorney, I know what happened with the crash and you cant really help me out by telling me how much of an idiot i am. I know im a motherfucking dumbass,

BUT

i need help with how to approach this crown attorney so i can get this wiped off my record.

liquidboi69
09-14-2007, 08:00 PM
do some searches with the search button, i think this has been brought up a couple time, and iirc there was a sticky on how to "fight tickets" and i think it mentions about the crown and stuff

88CRXGUY
09-14-2007, 08:00 PM
I highly dout this is going to come off your record. Your laws in Ontario are different then the laws here in Alberta, provincal laws anyways.

asuth077
09-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by pattyt
so i can get this wiped off my record.

:rofl:

You'll need someone with more power than you'll find on beyond to just make it completely dissapear I'm afraid.

lilmira
09-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
It is possible..Maybe you should go with Pattyt and redo your drivers test.

http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/INFTRA_Content/docType45/Production/dhpage48.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Wouldn't that be left turn lane still? You are only allowed to turn left in both direction.

Destinova403
09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
i havent heard of that type of turn lane... mind you i dont get out much... if i were you id just go and tell the truth and hope that they can lower the demerits... 110 dollars isnt too bad but the demerits will hurt you. nothing can go wrong by going to the prosecutor... you basically have nothing to lose... so why not?

88CRXGUY
09-14-2007, 10:04 PM
haha get out tomorrow, go up or down 52nd st SE, drive from 17th ave to Peigan Trail(or vise versa). You'll see them there.

sjaswal
09-14-2007, 10:12 PM
look at 52st south of about 20th ave se in calgary, for that type of lane.

it's your fault by the way, should have checked again before changing lanes instead of ASSuming you had a clear lane.
The only thing you can do is probably plea down the charge or go to court and hope the officer and person you hit don't show up, then the charge may get dismissed.

r0g3r
09-14-2007, 10:17 PM
what about a red light violation ticket? is that worth going to the crown attorney for? and what happens if your past ur deadline too? i kind of missed it by 2 days...

Destinova403
09-14-2007, 10:28 PM
late fees... they just make the ticket bigger... and if you missed your court date and your deadline the prosecutor probably wont give you a whole lot of sympathy.

88CRXGUY
09-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I think that they add an amount of money to the bill, I think its like 25 dollars or something if you are passed the ticket paying date and before the court date. Someone correct me here please?

stevo 27
09-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
I think that they add an amount of money to the bill, I think its like 25 dollars or something if you are passed the ticket paying date and before the court date. Someone correct me here please?

the ticket gets bigger twice you get 3 notices about it then
there is a warrent for your arrest

basically you get pulled over for something else say speeding
they pull up your record if you dont have the money to pay it on you they through you in lock up 1 day = 50 dollars of your tickets

if i remember correctly

fcukda
09-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ctruo
Lol learn how to drive!! If cops say its your fault it probably is! Most likely you made an illegal or unsafe turn due to your lack of experience on the road, but no excuses!! Your license requires you to know the rules of the road!! Being 17 changes shit, 110 is not a lot, and 3 dermit points will cost you in the long run. Suck it up and hit puberty my friend. If only hair could be used as money...... the possibilities?

accidents happen so calm down! he feels remorses for what he did, and maybe it was his lack of experience so....

r0g3r
09-14-2007, 10:53 PM
im already passed the date printed on the ticket....damnit, and it says that they will add 20% on for late payments, so thats around 350 bucks out of my pocket....

i didn't know there were two seperate dates? i don't see it? i guess probably going to the prosecutor would be kind of pointless now since im passed the deadline... are registries open on the weekends?

88CRXGUY
09-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Yes they're some registries that are opened on Saturdays I'm just not sure which ones.

anhthanh
09-15-2007, 12:05 AM
http://www.magma.ca/~fyst/appndxb.htm hope this help

rusich
09-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by anhthanh

Wow, thanks. I wonder if it all applies to Alberta and Calgary in particular.

Biga Ramrod
09-15-2007, 03:46 PM
I know here in Calgary there is an ex-cop that you can hire to go to court and fight your ticket for you. They are usually really experienced and have a handle on what tickets they know they can win and which other ones are hard to fight. Check out the phone book for listings, I'm sure that someone might offer this service in Toronto. There prices are usually pretty reasonable and if they can't make the ticket disappear then they will have it reduced to like 1 demerit and a smaller fine.

pattyt
09-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by anhthanh

thanks alot , that helps a bunch