PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run, Karma is a Bitch!!!

90_Shelby
09-15-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm driving down 17th ave tonight in the right lane, my lane is about to end due to parked cars and there is a guy in a black Chevy S10 extreme at my back bumper in the lane beside me. I speed up to get in front of him, and he decides to be a dick and speed up as well. I make it in front of him but he's not happy with me and proceeds to ride my ass and flash his high beams at me, I pull away from him then go back to normal driving speed and he catches up and does it again continuosly until McLeod trail. I pull on McLeod and pull away from him hard again, until Lindsay Park where the traffic light is red and he starts pulling up beside me, I'm in the far right lane. I grab my phone and try to ignore him mean while he almost side swipes me as the passenger is yelling at me and waving his hands out the window trying to start a fight. I slow down to try and get his licsence plate at which time the passenger is getting more pissed. I turn my phone to take a picture and he chucks a beer bottle at my window. No damage to my car but he pins it and cuts across 4 lanes while our lights are red to make a left onto 25th ave at the saddle dome................................. through oncoming traffic. He almost makes it through but gets nailed at the rear passenger side of his box by I believe a VW. He doesn't stop and keeps going east down 25 th ave. At this time I had already called 911. If anyone sees a black S10 extreme with fresh damage to the passenger rear side of the box let me know and I will report it to the constable in charge of this case.

TomcoPDR
09-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Those guys are idiots (for having open liqour), but come on, everyone knows anyone driving in the right lane on 17th is either making right lane turns, or trying to "cheat" from having to deal with the left lane turns. But only you know what happened, how close your back bumper were to their front bumper; to be wayyyyyy in front of them to properly signal in THEIR LANE; or close to the point where it doesn't matter if they didn't want to "let you in" but you were too close for them to think that you cut them off.

rusich
09-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Those guys are idiots (for having open liqour), but come on, everyone knows anyone driving in the right lane on 17th is either making right lane turns, or trying to "cheat" from having to deal with the left lane turns. But only you know what happened, how close your back bumper were to their front bumper; to be wayyyyyy in front of them to properly signal in THEIR LANE; or close to the point where it doesn't matter if they didn't want to "let you in" but you were too close for them to think that you cut them off.

You Canadians are so stuck up about driving. Every driver feels so privillaged to drive a car it's just sickening.

btown
09-15-2007, 02:20 AM
maybe because it IS a privillage? :dunno:

7thgenvic
09-15-2007, 03:09 AM
good spot....fucking douche bag. hope the CPS find that fucking drunk loser

replayboy
09-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by rusich

You Canadians are so stuck up about driving. Every driver feels so privillaged to drive a car it's just sickening.

ummm....are you f-ing serious?

Kona9
09-15-2007, 09:33 AM

Please please please be an American!!! :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsdow

I live and work on and around 17th. If he is a regular on the loser laps then I will notice him for sure.

GoChris
09-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

who gives a fuck if he cut him off. it doesn't give him (s10) the right to throw a bottle at his car and run a red, and then leave the scene of an accident that he caused. it's not like the s10 HAD to speed up to try and not let him in. sure we all do it sometimes, but if you lose you lose.

A790
09-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Oh yea? Where are you from?

88CRXGUY
09-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Because it is a privilage to drive. not birth right.

smontyLS1
09-15-2007, 10:42 AM
If it was nothing personal I dont see why cutting him off is a big deal. some people wanna get where they are going, some people seem to just wanna stay on the road. In this case where the s10 speeds up to not let him in, I just dont get that, the guy wants to go as quick or quicker through traffic. Whatever I'll keep an eye out for this prick.

How bad was the vw?

envoyondubs
09-15-2007, 11:15 AM
f-ing yankee

rusich
09-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by A790

Oh yea? Where are you from?

I have a Russian background. I have also spent quite a bit of time in Germany and can compare the attitudes between those to countries and Canada.

jaylo
09-15-2007, 12:15 PM
I just got back from driving in California for 2 weeks and about 3,200km all around CA. Let me tell you, cars go in front of you, pass you by, but no one gets offended and starts a road rage there and never see any close-calls. I like driving there better because I do not feel that someone is going to run me off the road like here in Calgary.

I sometimes think that drivers here gets too offended easily. As for the driver in the s10 he should have let it go and move on. He will get what's coming for him.

Props to 90_Shelby for keeping cool on the situation and you handled that very well.

1-Bar
09-15-2007, 12:49 PM

I have a Russian background. I have also spent quite a bit of time in Germany and can compare the attitudes between those to countries and Canada.

sweet, all those places you've been to, you can study attitudes and driving habits correctly :thumbsup:

HondaRice
09-15-2007, 01:42 PM
holly cow that doesnt even happen on forest lawn 17 ave :D :D :D

Graham_A_M
09-15-2007, 04:31 PM
^ I wouldn't know, I try to avoid the FL projects like the plague:nut: I feel like taking a shower just from driving through there. Wow what gong-show that place is:rofl:

Moe Man
09-15-2007, 06:32 PM
you should have followed him and called the police, tell them you are in a pursuit of a person the just commited a hit and run.....it is a priority 1 call. they would have caught him and you could have pressed charges to the damage on your vehical.

90_Shelby
09-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
you should have followed him and called the police, tell them you are in a pursuit of a person the just commited a hit and run.....it is a priority 1 call. they would have caught him and you could have pressed charges to the damage on your vehical.

Impossible to follow him, he ran a red light while turning left, I had to turn right, flip a U-turn then wait for the light to turn green. 911 also recommended that I not follow him, nor should I return to the scene as they would have an officer phone me if they need info.

Moe Man
09-16-2007, 12:51 AM
naaa you just need to know who to call

Originally posted by 90_Shelby

Impossible to follow him, he ran a red light while turning left, I had to turn right, flip a U-turn then wait for the light to turn green. 911 also recommended that I not follow him, nor should I return to the scene as they would have an officer phone me if they need info.

alloroc
09-16-2007, 02:10 AM

Germany
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1996/05/24/wrag24.html

Russia
http://www.journeyman.tv/?lid=57014

:angel:

kylemitz
09-16-2007, 02:23 AM

YOU my friend, are the exact reason why we have these stupid inconsiderate drivers that think they own the road and everyone should bow down to them. Go back to where you came from if thats the attitude your going to have, im sure everyone here feels the same way. Car accidents probably cause more deaths than anything else, and yet we STILL have people like yourself running around taking their life for granted....:banghead:

A790
09-16-2007, 11:53 AM
^^^ Werd to that my well-spoken brotha :)

rusich
09-17-2007, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by kylemitz

YOU my friend, are the exact reason why we have these stupid inconsiderate drivers that think they own the road and everyone should bow down to them. Go back to where you came from if thats the attitude your going to have, im sure everyone here feels the same way. Car accidents probably cause more deaths than anything else, and yet we STILL have people like yourself running around taking their life for granted....:banghead:

You are welcome to take my post and vent your frustrations on it. However, making suggestions of me going back to were I came from is not very appropriate, no matter how strongly Canadian you might feel. Don't take me wrong, my initial comment was not ment to offend Canadians in general, but I've never seen so many people take what happens on the road so personally.

SCHIDER23
09-17-2007, 05:16 AM

Well IT IS a car forum, people come here to share, and like others have explain it is a priviliged to drive not a right. Another big part why you see alot of this post is because most people are not used to this type of behaviour, is sad you gotten used to drivers not caring about their actions.:thumbsdow

oh and if you are wondering if I'm Canadian I was actually not born here I been here for 18 years though and were I come from, drivers don't care about running over people, hopefully canada never gets used to this type of behaviour.

the_fornicator
09-17-2007, 06:08 AM

dude, I currently live in Germany and drive on the autobahn every day and I don't understand your point...like at all. I was born in Canada and lived there for 27 years.

I don't notice much of a difference between driving attitudes between countries. If I had space to safely change a lane and someone tried to close the gap, I'd force my way in. Every German would. Germans even force their way into spaces between cars where there is no space.

the_fornicator
09-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Don't take me wrong, my initial comment was not ment to offend Canadians in general, but I've never seen so many people take what happens on the road so personally.

though I can understand that there's a bit of a language barrier, it's hard not to offend Canadians (in general) especially when you said, "You Canadians are so stuck up about driving. Every driver feels so privillaged to drive a car it's just sickening."

And to call it "sickening", I hope you can see how you set off a few people with that blanket comment.

but now that you point it out, I agree with you -the driver's in Europe don't take much in terms of vehicular occurrances very personally. You're on a car forum so your discourse of material is going to be biased to, well, automobiles and you're going to be subjected to stories as such.

Taking driving personally isn't a Canadian thing, it's a North American thing.

To be fair, Germans have WAY more laws than North Americans do. For instance, if you flip your middle finger up at someone in Germany, you lose your license for X months. You run a red light, you lose your license. etc. The laws are much more strict so it governs a different attitude towards driving.

canuckcarguy
09-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Of course if you come from Russia you're surprised that people take driving so seriously here in Canada. If I came from a country characterized by rampant corruption, a dangerous dictatorship, chronic shortages of consumer goods, and rampant HIV rates, I wouldn't have time to get too worried about road reactions either.

Plus, driving around in a Lada, you're unlikly to be enraged at anything other than the engineers who designed your car...

teggypimp95
09-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
Of course if you come from Russia you're surprised that people take driving so seriously here in Canada. If I came from a country characterized by rampant corruption, a dangerous dictatorship, chronic shortages of consumer goods, and rampant HIV rates, I wouldn't have time to get too worried about road reactions either.

Plus, driving around in a Lada, you're unlikly to be enraged at anything other than the engineers who designed your car...

GOLD :rofl:

mOOgle
09-18-2007, 02:14 AM
HAHAHA! :guns:

soo did u get a picture of his license plate?

rc2002
09-18-2007, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by btown
maybe because it IS a privillage? :dunno:

Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
Because it is a privilage to drive. not birth right.

Originally posted by the_fornicator

though I can understand that there's a bit of a language barrier, it's hard not to offend Canadians (in general) especially when you said, "You Canadians are so stuck up about driving. Every driver feels so privillaged to drive a car it's just sickening."

Is bad spelling contagious?

SunniSunShine
09-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Is bad spelling contagious?

lol.. if so please dont 'cauff' on me

writhen
09-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Most people don't care about spelling anymore, although it annoys the shit out of me. privilege!!!

And as far as canadian driving attitudes go, I'd rather be part of a demographic that tends to have an attitude of some sort rather than not giving two shits about what happens. Added to that, like mentioned, this is a car forum and we love our cars. Therefore, go sit on a pole.

alloroc
09-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Lada! too funny.

Spelling! ... firefox ftw! It highlights errors as you type.

BoS_DC2
09-18-2007, 11:05 AM
damn, that's gotta suck. Hope you find him.

A790
09-18-2007, 11:14 AM

Oh snap :)

canuckcarguy
09-24-2007, 09:58 PM
did you ever find the guy in the S-10?

Mckenzie
09-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Good to hear he had what was coming to him. I have had two hit and runs (one in a church parking lot too) and no one even left a note or anything.

As for drivers attitude, I have to say that Calgarians do take things a little personally. I've driven in Toronto and people needle and work their way through the city because it is how they must get around in a city that is incredibly congested. When driving with my Dad there, I've seen him sneak his way into spots between cars (without a waive) that would have made any Calgarian road rage in a second....the difference there is that it is common and expected so peolpe dont get up-tight.

I've had a ton more driving experience in Calgary than the average driver as I have worked with the city of calgary driving up to 150 km a day and a delivery company driving up to 250 km a day. I can say that people here take driving manouvers a little too seriously. People need to get around- so what if he was in the right lane, it does not mean you need to cut him off and be agreessive and throw a beer bottle at his car! That is retarded!

Just throw a waive when someone lets you in or let someone in next time they are signalling and everyone wins- I can guarantee you wont be very too inconvenienced.

my .02