PDA

View Full Version : RPM Gone?

celica girl
07-03-2003, 01:25 PM
I hear the store is completely empty... no signs... nothing in the showroom...

Scat
07-03-2003, 01:28 PM
They might be movin' back to their garage where they started

I'm not sure though

kenny
07-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Yup I think they moved out sometime last week.

4CylFiero
07-03-2003, 01:30 PM
I was there on the 30th or something, they had someone detailing a yellow lancer and had a sweet 3.2 CL with a monster system using 1 guage wire. Didn't looked closed to me, but it wasn't as busy as Speed Tech.

koala
07-03-2003, 01:44 PM
I guess now I have to go to Speed Tech. At least there is still one tuner shop in my building :)

boi-alien
07-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 4CylFiero
I was there on the 30th or something, they had someone detailing a yellow lancer and had a sweet 3.2 CL with a monster system using 1 guage wire. Didn't looked closed to me, but it wasn't as busy as Speed Tech. 3.2 TL, and it was 0 guage

Fluidic
07-03-2003, 02:19 PM
So has RPM just moved... or are they completely gone?

Peter

Hash_man
07-03-2003, 02:30 PM
I am not sure if they have done it yet, But they have been planning on moving back to their home which is on an acreage in springbank. That is where they started out, and already have a paint booth set up, and are expanding their garage.

They will mainly be concentrating on body work, and collision repair I beleive, which is what they are really good at... And their awesome paint jobs. It's bad to see them go, but I think that poor customer service was to blame.

b16Ateg
07-03-2003, 02:30 PM
i was talking to them before and i think they are just going to do installs and shit and not sell anymore... thats what i heard one time i was in there

Melinda
07-03-2003, 02:38 PM
They have moved back to their garage. There isn't any way of getting ahold of them as of yet though, the phone number forwards you to a full voice mail box on a cell phone...maybe give them a bit to get the whole thing worked out and then they'll be back there

REdOX
07-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
It's bad to see them go, but I think that poor customer service was to blame.

I second that... I have been given the runaround many times with regards to my wheels vibrating. Later I found out that all it needed was a road force balance. Kal-Tire in the south knows about road force balancing but RPM or even the Kal-Tire they use in the North knew nothing about it.

They made me come to them on 4 separate occasions to fix the problem without it being fixed. At the end of it all (after waiting on their futon for 1 hour) the dad tells me it's an axle problem on my car. WTF???

They deserve to be out of business.

Melinda
07-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by REdOX
They deserve to be out of business. I'm glad they are.
Thats just it, they aren't out of business, they just moved

l/l/rX
07-03-2003, 04:13 PM
well if tech works moved with rpm to the same location they are now located at:
NE calgary in the Memorial/Barlow area. new address will be #9, 2821 - 3rd Avenue NE.

ninspeed
07-03-2003, 04:22 PM
They moved back home to springbank

REdOX
07-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Thats just it, they aren't out of business, they just moved

You're right... one can only hope though.

a_peep
07-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by koala
I guess now I have to go to Speed Tech. At least there is still one tuner shop in my building :)

Good for you.:tongue:

koala
07-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by a_peep

Good for you.:tongue:

I think you're my official stalker.. Club RSX, S2KI, and here... whats next...

Hash_man
07-04-2003, 01:35 PM
They deserve to be out of business.

Just because you had one bad experience with them, does not mean they should be out of business... Their specialization is body work, and paint. Which is really the main thing they are doing now at springbank. And they do an excellent job of it.

a_peep
07-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by koala

I think you're my official stalker.. Club RSX, S2KI, and here... whats next...

I registered before you did asshole.:D

Toms-Celica
07-04-2003, 04:56 PM
koala owns j00

koala
07-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by a_peep

I registered before you did asshole.:D

Don't think you can hide from me way out there in Saskatoon. After all, I can see you from 30 miles away since everything is so damn flat :thumbsup:

REdOX
07-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man

Just because you had one bad experience with them, does not mean they should be out of business... Their specialization is body work, and paint. Which is really the main thing they are doing now at springbank. And they do an excellent job of it.

Actually I've had more than one bad experience:

1. When they installed my spring I was quoted one price but then after the whole job was done they charged me $50 extra because my rear plastics were hard to take off (according to them)
2. They were missing a few plastic screws when they put the plastics back.
3. Everyone I talk to never gets their quotes.
4. I've had to go back multiple times to try and solve a simple problem with my wheels.
5. I know someone that had work done to his car and they put the wrong shocks in his car without him knowing
6. I know someone that had his intake installed there and they missed some important pieces.
7. When I bought my wheels they quoted me one price but then 2 weeks later when the wheels were coming in they jacked the price up $200 more because of they said the wheels needed to be pre-drilled for my car??
8. When I got my wheels they only put 2 centering rings and missed the ones in the back.

the list goes on...

If they're good at bodywork then fine. As for doing business with them in the future no thanks :thumbsdow

REdOX
07-05-2003, 09:49 AM
oh yeah forgot this one..

9. I just installed new shocks/struts on my car and I noticed that when they installed my springs instead of taking off the suspension to remove the shocks they took a cutter to the housing and shaved it off without even asking me. I guess they didn't think I would notice. Well I did and it's another reason why not to go there. They cut corners, literally.

koala
07-05-2003, 10:13 AM
I guess I always had good luck with them, but maybe it has to do with the fact that I work in the same complex as them.

1) Blacked out headlamps for my RSX - done flawlessly, and done quickly. - $150
2) HID's for my RSX - install done flawlessly, and in reasonable time. - $75
3) AEM CAI ($375 for intake) install on S2000 - done flawlessly, $50 for install
4) Spugen Exhaust/JIC STB install - $50, done flawlessly, and install only took an hour.
5) OEM Front Lip - $500 (dealers want like $750-800), painted from the factory of course... install was free.

They always took great care of me.

However I will agree, they never get back to you on quotes.

Ven
07-05-2003, 12:42 PM
I think they were at their best when it was just a home based garage operation. A long while back myself and a friend used to mount most of their wheels/tires. Now that was a long time ago! haha boy did things change shortly after that. I was really happy for Roberto and I know he was doing OK too, RPM was grass roots, growing, and cool as fuck.

Anyway, I bought my toyota and figured they should be the first guys I called since we had some history. Man doing buisness with them was very shortlived. Snippy staff at times, never got called back, and prices that weren't even comptetive. I didn't even drop a dime there, my 4k budget went to TunerWorks.

Did they ever have any licensed techs working there? I've had some "interesting" work of thiers come through my shop for "tweaking" haha. That was pretty early on though.

From an outsiders prospective it looks like they went too big too fast, then all the joy crapped out. It sure looked like expenses were high, that building isn't cheap to lease, plus all the staff and goodies. I'm glad they decided to pull back, in the long run it will be better business for everyone.

RPM has my best wishes and I'll definately give them a shot when it comes to any bodywork. I think their refocusing effort will be worth it.

Hash_man
07-05-2003, 02:04 PM
From an outsiders prospective it looks like they went too big too fast, then all the joy crapped out. It sure looked like expenses were high, that building isn't cheap to lease, plus all the staff and goodies. I'm glad they decided to pull back, in the long run it will be better business for everyone.

RPM has my best wishes and I'll definately give them a shot when it comes to any bodywork. I think their refocusing effort will be worth it.

Ya, that building was waay to much for them, and was really hard for them to afford... and I was not a big fan of some of their staff, other than roberto and his dad. We had been going to them for body work, and other minor stuff since they ran it out of their house, and never had bad experiences. But from what I hear, this is probably a very good idea for them, I wish them luck.

max_boost
07-05-2003, 03:22 PM
I have so many stories about RPM but I don't feel like typing it out. Anyway, I am glad they are gone! No, I didn't just buy light bulbs from them, I bought a lot of over priced parts just for the sake of giving him business.

Seanith
07-05-2003, 07:51 PM
I only went into RPM once, i wanted to get shifter bushings installed on my car. They told me that it couldn't be done because i had a short shifter, so i just laughed and got it done at T&T instead. Fools lol.

Hollywood
07-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Did not help that speedtech was next door either.