PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Lee is open

Kritafo
09-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Dixie Lee up in Royal Oak is now open, we went last night after noticing it was opened after going to Sobey's

We had the 15 piece family pack, it was $42. and some change.

They also use the new oil cooking oil that CRHA has approved.

It included:

15 piece chicken coating was kinda rubbery
8 garlic bread it was really garlicy and greasy my husband
loved it
Fried, huge box kinda like the way KFC use to be..
Gravy lots of it, tastes like chicken on the way gravy
3 salads, we got the potato, macaroni, and coleslaw

Wasn't as good as it use to be, but I am comparing to something I use to get when I was 16 and that was
a cool 22 years ago. :eek:

Hit Em Up
09-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I had some aswell, i love the popcorn shrimp type of thing they got. There chicken is also pretty decent i wouldnt mind the trip to go eat there again. :thumbsup:

dj_rice
09-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I havent gone here yet but I recommend Mary Browns :thumbsup: love their tators

HHURICANE1
09-18-2007, 11:36 AM
I had Mary Browns once and never again. It was foul stuff. I like Chicken on the Way, a little greasy but good tasting.

SunniSunShine
09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
lol Kriftafo is 38

SR240SX
09-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SunniSunShine
lol Kriftafo is 38

Your point?

Kritafo
09-18-2007, 12:10 PM
yup 38,

and you know how you hate to listen to your parents say "nothing tastes the same" "remember when kfc use to be good"

Yeah I say it to my 2 children as well, I use to think my parents were insane...but it's true...everything tastes different

ekguy
09-18-2007, 12:22 PM
dixie lee is soooo popular back in the maritimes

benyl
09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by SunniSunShine
lol Kriftafo is 38

says the 12 year old.

Do mommy and daddy let you cross the street on your own? didn't think so.

eina15
09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Yippee!! I've been waiting patiently for this to open.....the last time I drove by it was still closed. Will have to check it out!!

And you're so right, nothing is ever as good as it was when you were a kid (not exclusive to food either - ie. Calaway Park :( )

After walking to CB's everyday for lunch during high school, I recently drove my hubby halfway across town to try some fries and a burger......such a let down :(

benyl
09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
You ability to taste degrades as you get older.

Kritafo
09-18-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah it was popular in my hometown in ON. I think we will go back because I want to try the fish and chips and see how they taste out here.

Did they ever have H Salt Fish and chips out here? Man we had those back home and I loved them

Hit Em Up
09-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I havent gone here yet but I recommend Mary Browns :thumbsup: love their tators

mary browns imo iss soo bad.. went there twice...
1st time horrible... i went again, thinking that maybe i just had a bad experience..but i guess thats there style.. haha

dj_rice
09-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Hit Em Up

mary browns imo iss soo bad.. went there twice...
1st time horrible... i went again, thinking that maybe i just had a bad experience..but i guess thats there style.. haha

I just like their tators :thumbsup:

Hit Em Up
09-23-2007, 01:36 PM
you should try this place out tho haha ... im not sure if these guyz have tators tho...

dj_rice
09-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Hit Em Up
you should try this place out tho haha ... im not sure if these guyz have tators tho...

Maybe....its way too far to drive for fried chicken :rofl:

sputnik
09-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by benyl
You ability to taste degrades as you get older.

This is especially true for smokers

benyl
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Got their seafood medley on Friday. Wasn't bad. At least there is something else to eat besides McDs and bella cucina.

Kritafo
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I have the menu, my scanner isn't hooked up or I would scan it in,...they don't do tater

They do regular chicken
chicken burgers
hot chicken sandwich
Wings
nuggets
fries or wedges
cookies
soup
garlic toast
onion rings
Macaroni salad
potato salad
coleslaw
gravy
poutine
fish and chips
butterfly shrimp
shrimp and dip
scallops
seafood combo

But if I were you I would just go to chicken on the way.

I am not a smoker but have a thing for food with flavor. Don't get me wrong sometimes I like plain and boring but mostly spicy with lots of fragrant flavors.

benyl
09-24-2007, 12:56 PM
chicken on the way is miles from my house... haha. Dixie is 2 minutes.

I would give up some taste for convenience.

Kritafo
09-24-2007, 01:35 PM
dixie is still not close to me, and chicken on the way is even further..however I still prefer chicken on the way.

I will however give Dixie Lee another chance in the next few weeks, they use have corn bread and cherry pie...

they are getting new char broil chicken as well,

BBQ, Cajun and herb with garlic, so I may hold out for that.

KappaSigma
09-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Every time I have went to chicken on the way, it has been nasty. To each their own, as Dixie Lee in the NE (when it was around) was damn good.

l/l/rX
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
chicken on the way IMO is soo good! HAHA i love their corn fritters. mmm. :drool:

Kritafo
09-24-2007, 06:45 PM
yeah .... i have a weakness for corn fritter, corn bread, .. you want it to taste better, don't use honey use corn syrup....ahhh:drool:

Went by Dixie Lee tonight the parking lot smelled delightful, didn't get any though, came home and making Madras chicken...with quino and naan

clem24
09-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Got their seafood medley on Friday. Wasn't bad. At least there is something else to eat besides McDs and bella cucina.

Sorry to hijack, but what the heck is Bella Cucina anyway? They seem (or appear to be) closed everything time I drive by. I always thought it was a restaurant but doesn't quite seem like it.

Will try this dixie lee... Though I think it's their location. You can only see them going one way. And when you're inside the mall, you don't notice them at all.

BTW has anyone seem that chicken on the way rip off on Northmount by Francis? It's called chicken on the go or something.