PDA

View Full Version : Shaganappi Collison Center

RickDaTuner
09-16-2007, 04:31 PM
A word of warning to anyone who takes their car there...

At the beginning of the year i got into an accident with my car, I smack a curb during one of those wintery days, now his wasn't one of those simple curb smacks, its was intricate and kinda violent.

Well about two months ago now my car was taken over to their body shop to be appraised by one of their appraisers, he looked it over wrote down a bunch of things and that was it, when i got the appraisal sheet, I noticed a ton of things missing, and some components that didn't need to be changed at all.
I called them up asked them to add on the major drive train components that were damaged which were not added to the list. They call me back and tell me that those things would be taken care of when the car was sublet out for an alignment, alright that was fine, they gave us a day when we could take the car and drop it off so they could start the work on it.

fast forward two weeks, i get my car back, the first thing i notice is that they haven't changed out some damaged components on the car, my front bumper was damaged from the accident, but was not replaced, next thing I notice is that the area that was damaged and repaired was done very poorly, this was the passenger side rear quarter panel, the whole body part was missaligned there was over spray everywhere, ust bonded to the paint, brackets were missing from the wheel well, and a part that was 100 percent fine before, now had two deep gouged scratches on it, I was not happy. I went up to the receptionist and asked if their was anybody from the body shop to speak with over the work that had been done on my car, but it was a Saturday, and no one was around. i take my car telling the receptionist that I would be calling in on monday to discuss the crap ass job that was done.

so I take my car, do a few errands around Calgary, head to a friends B-day celebration, and what not, it was only until my drive home on the highway that I notice that my suspension is all out of whack! when you took a turn on the highway the suspension felt like it was buckling and it was jolting the car to one side, causing it to jerk over. it was not a fun ride home.

so here I am now with a car that was supposed to be fixed, but instead ended up with a headache problem, now I have to contact the Insurance company to see what I can do.

I ask anyone that could possible have more insight on what should be done, or what group or organization to contact in order to have this problem corrected.

pleas help me sort this out

Destinova403
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
dude that sucks... if i was you i would go to the media...
one question though... were the things that you paid for on your invoice not done? because if thats the case you can go to the CPS for fraud.

TomcoPDR
09-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403
dude that sucks... if i was you i would go to the media...
one question though... were the things that you paid for on your invoice not done? because if thats the case you can go to the CPS for fraud.

I think his insurance paid for the repairs, his insurance company would be a better candinate than the CPS.