PDA

View Full Version : Got an HD-PVR Now What?

SunniSunShine
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
K, so ive already done the obvious shit like set recordings for all episodes of red shoe diaries :thumbsup: but how can i untap this monster!?

Is there ways to connect it to PC's and set up recordings from a different location? or save it directly to a computer?.. or stream from the tv to a computer etc? or connect to a pc and watch pr0n in HD?

Anyone have any advance set up help etc?

currently its connected with an HDMi Cord

teggypimp95
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Correct me if im wrong, my dad has an HD pvr, and doesent the HD only work for the few shaw HD channels?

Xtrema
09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
You can connect to PC via firewire and install as an video capture device. Then you can make it work as a tuner in many PVR programs. But I find it highly unreliable.

There is no way to get recorded shows out of the PVR.

Just google it, there are a few pages teaches you how to do it if you want to try. For streaming to PC, you may want to research on Slingbox.

And for old ass shows like Red Shoe, just torrent them. It's a waste of space on the PVR since you can't get them out and 160GB isn't much to start with.

Originally posted by teggypimp95
Correct me if im wrong, my dad has an HD pvr, and doesent the HD only work for the few shaw HD channels?

Yes, but PVR can record all channels.

teggypimp95
09-17-2007, 10:44 AM
yeah i have a dual tuner Pvr but not the HD one.

ecstasy_civic
09-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
yeah i have a dual tuner Pvr but not the HD one.

Thats all that shaw offers in the way of pvr's...dual tuner HD pvr's

SilverGS
09-17-2007, 06:45 PM
You cannot save it directly. The firewire port is active so you can capture it using a capture card but thats about it.

I believe Shaw has a regular Dual Tuner PVR that is non HD

BlackArcher101
09-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

Thats all that shaw offers in the way of pvr's...dual tuner HD pvr's

No, they have the 3080 which is a dual-tuner SD pvr.

ecstasy_civic
09-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

No, they have the 3080 which is a dual-tuner SD pvr.
ahh, news to me, ive never seen one.