PDA

View Full Version : How do I order NHL Center Ice on Shaw?

bspot
09-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I didn't see any way to add it like you would with normal channels, and I really don't want to call and sit on hold. Is there a way to do it online?

bluetek
09-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Can you do this? I didnt think you could. I thought Bell only did it.

anarchy
09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Shaw now has NHL Center Ice this year as well.
You can call in to order it but I believe you can also order it here:

https://secure.shaw.ca/apps/secure/Onlineordering/onlineordering.aspx

You can't check off NHL Center Ice as an option, but you can put in the comments section that all you're looking to order is Center Ice and a rep will call you back.

However, this may take a while and I would suggest calling in during low call times to order it. Then you know it's done and taken care of.

Kaos
09-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Call in and ask for it.
You can still get the early bird special pricing to. :thumbsup:
Shaw just offered center ice this year.
But if you're only going to watch your home team, don't bother getting it. It's not worth it.

GQBalla
09-18-2007, 12:33 AM
call and order it. you have to have it for either the whole season or juss 30 days i can't remember.

bluetek
09-18-2007, 12:46 AM
oh cool didnt know because shaw isnt listed on the nhl website...how much is the early bird pricing for shaw?

BlackArcher101
09-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by bluetek
oh cool didnt know because shaw isnt listed on the nhl website...how much is the early bird pricing for shaw?

Took me all of 15 seconds to find your answer.

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/Television/OnDemand/NHLCentreIce.htm

bluetek
09-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

Took me all of 15 seconds to find your answer.

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/Television/OnDemand/NHLCentreIce.htm

Thanks. Want a cookie? Maybe a pat on the back?lol

Im so glad it took you only 15 secs to find that out.

sputnik
09-18-2007, 07:37 AM
I have never had to wait on hold to order something.

heavyD
09-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Kaos
Call in and ask for it.
You can still get the early bird special pricing to. :thumbsup:
Shaw just offered center ice this year.
But if you're only going to watch your home team, don't bother getting it. It's not worth it.

I agree. Most Flames games are televised and on the off nights there is usually an Oilers game or TSN game. Center Ice is only really worth it if you are a fan of a US team since most of the Canadian games televised by Sportsnet (non-Flames or Oilers)are blacked out on Center Ice.

If you are a fan of a US team you can't go wrong but if you are a Canucks fan don't waste your money thinking you will see all their games.

justincalgary
09-18-2007, 12:28 PM
I had it for Canucks games a couple of years ago when my satellite pointed in the right direction, and I never had a problem with black out games. It is meant mainly for people that live out of province from their team.