PDA

View Full Version : WORST Windshield Replacement EVER!!

Kona9
09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Before I start my rant I would like to get the most positive portion of my story out right from the get go!

Brasso Nissan has stepped to the plate from the initial second on each of the issues I have ever had in regards to anything that has occured with two new trucks I have purchased from their lot!

Brasso is a Very upstanding and customer service oriented Dealer. (from my personal experiences)

My Story:

I have hit the 20,000 km mark on my 06 X-Terra Off Road and it had become time to get my annual service and oil change etc.

In a previous tire rotation service they had done for me, they accidentally got a rock chip on my windshield and filled it at no charge and owned up to the incident apologetically as I signed the bill.

Unfortunately the filled chip spread. I called in the spreading and the service manager stated he would replace the windshield at no cost to me. No questions asked.

Last week I took my truck in for the annual service / windshield replacement. I gave it to them for the day as I understood they were busy and I was to be dropped off by a co-worker at the end of the day. This is what occured upon my arrival. My truck was not ready yet and I sat for 15 minutes and they offered me a ride to the outsourced windshield shop via their customer shuttle.

I arrived at:

GLASS MASTERS
6221 Centre Street SW
Calgary, AB T2H 0C7
(403) 692-0340

to see my truck sitting and waiting for me to pick up. Generally with services and oil changes through Brasso (and most other dealers) they do a nice and quick clean up of the inside and outside of the vehicle. I saw that the outside was washed while aproaching my truck. It was not even a full second from when I got into my truck that I noticed that the interior was not only dirtier than when I left it at Brasso, but along with all the left over windshield adhesive residue all over the damn place, they decided that leaving a 2 1/2" gash in my dash was a good idea.

Without skipping a beat I got on the phone and called my service manager and explained the situation, also noting that I was on my way back to the dealership to show the level of work this place does. I get to the dealership and it turned out that if CR Techniques can not rework my dash to original condition that the whole top of my dash will need to be replaced. Again nothing for me to worry about as Brasso agreed to take care of all of it as soon as I had time to drop off my truck.

After apologies were given on behalf of Brasso, I made my way home only to park and notice way more damage than I saw in the beginning. Once I got out of my truck I noticed scratches on my hood (ring marks and scratches from the suction cups) and scratches in the paint on both fenders where the fenders and windshield meet. Upon further inspection I found, broken glass in and around the cowl where my windshield wipers are as well as scratches and minor gouging on the cowl itself. Let's not forget the windshield adhesive that nicely dried in a blotchy manner on my passenger front fender.

I took pictures of all the damage, glass, etc. and phoned the service manager again to inform him of the damage we hadn't seen 30 mins prior. Once again he came to the plate with apologies and answers on how to get it all fixed (and obviously charged back to Glass Masters.)

The final straw came yesterday when I was able to get my truck past 70 kms an hour on the Deerfoot. (I live 4km from work and cut through residential areas to miss traffic) It sounded like one of my windows was partially open so I rolled up my ALREADY rolled up windows only to still hear ALOT of abnormal road noise. I shut down the stereo and reconfirmed all the windows were closed. Sure enough they were! I start listening to try and hear where the extra wind noise was coming from. While placing my hand up and around the top of the windshield, it was to my disbelief that the damn windshield was not installed properly and was letting in air! Not sure if anyone reading this knows how Happy I am it rained last night / today! But I am so excited!! :banghead: :thumbsdow

And again the service manager heard from me this morning and guess who gets a new windshield! I hope to Christ the same idiots don't do it!!

All in all if you want a windshield installed by a Blind kid with Tourettes, please go to the above mentioned location and you will be taken care of quite well!!

I should put in a request to have their slogan changed from "Show us your crack" to "Stay away from Crack!!!!"

Thanks for reading!

sputnik
09-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Weird.

I had 2 windshields replaced there and never had any problems.

Hakkola
09-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Wow, that is rough man. At least they're not giving you the run around at Nissan though.

Kona9
09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm sure it is an unlucky situation on my behalf and I'm sure not ALL vehicles that leave that place leave with the service I recieved. ALTHOUGH! to have this much damage and poor workmanship is pretty sad.

My post is not intentional for boycotting purposes, yet a story of what occured when it was my time to have my vehicle recieve their services.

GQBalla
09-17-2007, 01:00 PM
wow...
definatly bad replacement.

but im actually really surprised the dealer is being so helpful!

hopefully everything works out for the best!

Brasso Nissan sounds amazing!

iblizzard
09-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Wow... big :thumbsdow for Glass Masters.
but a huge :thumbsup: for Nissan.

Proyecto2000
09-17-2007, 01:08 PM
my dad had to get his windshield reinstalled twice at Glassmasters becuase they would not seal it properly....

Kona9
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Proyecto2000
my dad had to get his windshield reinstalled twice at Glassmasters becuase they would not seal it properly....

Sucks to hear it has happened to someone else. Here is to hoping it can be fixed ONCE!

1-Bar
09-17-2007, 02:44 PM
wow, crazy story...excellent service by Nissan though. Hopefully everything with yours is good this time around.

Fire_chickin
09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I had solid workmanship from Glassmasters when they replaced my driver's side window but that was a couple years ago and undoubtedly they're feeling the impact of the worker shortage, but you'd think they'd have a final inspection before giving the vehicle back.
Also in regards to the sealing problem, a lot of these budget glass places have gone to windshields made in China and they are garbage. I'd watch pretty close next time you use your wipers cause lots of times there's waves in the glass so your wiper won't clear some areas.

Kona9
09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Fire_chickin
I had solid workmanship from Glassmasters when they replaced my driver's side window but that was a couple years ago and undoubtedly they're feeling the impact of the worker shortage, but you'd think they'd have a final inspection before giving the vehicle back.
Also in regards to the sealing problem, a lot of these budget glass places have gone to windshields made in China and they are garbage. I'd watch pretty close next time you use your wipers cause lots of times there's waves in the glass so your wiper won't clear some areas.

Thanks for the heads up!

When I went in to sign my papers before I got in my truck (Glass Masters) the gentleman that served me was openly ridiculed by the manager. The manager looked at me and said "this is what you get for hired help from the government."

Apparently he needs to focus on some people management skills. The workers coming in from the back end really seemed lost! In more ways than one. Again I can see a labour issue / crunch, but still. Business is Business.

w_man
09-17-2007, 03:36 PM
yikes!! sorry to hear about your situation dude!!

I have been to Speedy Glass before and they seem to do a decent job.

:thumbsdow for Glass Masters!!!

:thumbsup: for Brasso Nissan though .... wow ... great service!

kaput
09-17-2007, 04:44 PM

writhen
09-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Might just be an unlucky incident. Still, I feel for ya :(

Fire_chickin
09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Who can recommend a good place in the NW for a windshield on an 01 civic? Obviously I don't want a job like assmasters. Also, whats a windshield job typically cost?

I've always had good results from Crystal Glass in Crowfoot. Just make sure you know where the glass is coming from. For a quality windshield you're probably looking at about $300+ for your civic. I crap one will be around $200.

Kona9
09-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by writhen
Might just be an unlucky incident. Still, I feel for ya :(

You know, I still feel as though it was. I guess I was REAL unlucky for the extent of issues.

Seriously though, given the fact that yes perhaps they were not up to par on their staff, quality (knowledgable) & quantity (labour shortage) You shouldn't forget to clean up a customers vehicle. That is a top level impression, potential business building task. Dirty fucked up cars make customers unrested. I am sure not on here to tell you to go see them.

I do respect the fact that you would form your own opinion, yet hear of an experience of what anyone would prefer not to happen. As in my case it did. It happened once, there is a chance for another mishap. A good shop doesn't mess up this much only once!!

I appreciate reading patron/consumer experiences. I am big on customer service & notice the little things. Although I am not a dick about it unless it is serious enough. Such as my amazing windshield adventure.

Look what happened with Vogglio Pizza! All started from one guys shared personal experience with food!!

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/185209/best-pizza-i-have-ever-had-in-calgary/

I'm not on here to dismantle a company. Just giving a heads up!

SinisterProbeGt
09-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Search "the car salon" to find more customer experiences.
Beyond.ca is a great avenue for consumers to vent. Sometimes you get stuck in a mistake that no one wants to own up to. It sucks but thats life. Thank god we have beyond.ca who would listen?

Originally posted by Kona9

You know, I still feel as though it was. I guess I was REAL unlucky for the extent of issues.

Seriously though, given the fact that yes perhaps they were not up to par on their staff, quality (knowledgable) & quantity (labour shortage) You shouldn't forget to clean up a customers vehicle. That is a top level impression, potential business building task. Dirty fucked up cars make customers unrested. I am sure not on here to tell you to go see them.

I do respect the fact that you would form your own opinion, yet hear of an experience of what anyone would prefer not to happen. As in my case it did. It happened once, there is a chance for another mishap. A good shop doesn't mess up this much only once!!

I appreciate reading patron/consumer experiences. I am big on customer service & notice the little things. Although I am not a dick about it unless it is serious enough. Such as my amazing windshield adventure.

Look what happened with Vogglio Pizza! All started from one guys shared personal experience with food!!

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/185209/best-pizza-i-have-ever-had-in-calgary/

I'm not on here to dismantle a company. Just giving a heads up!

dj_rice
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Thats it...I'm changing service appts from Sunridge to Brasso Nissan

Mckenzie
09-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Its kinda funny that when I saw the title of your thread, I immediately thought of my experience last fall with a car at GlassMasters. I then opened the thread and not to my surprise, I saw you dealt with he fine folks at GlassMasters.

I had a horrendous time getting them to do the install of a windsheild on my legend. It first came back and was leaking everywhere with a huge bubble of black tar around the edge of the glass....there were exposed plastic clips that I could see right underneath!

After taking it back to them 2 TIMES, they still did not get it right and I completely gave up. They blamed it on my clips, I blamed on their install.

All in all, the job was pathetic and I would never go back. The manager dealt with it ok but still never got it done right, so therefore, I would never ever go there again...sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you get everything worked out.

TomcoPDR
09-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, sorry to hear about your vehicle repair experience though...

Most skilled trade industries are experiencing labour shortages, now a days in the automotive world you pretty much have to know someone or know how to-do-it-yourself in order to get things done properly.

Hopefully Jamie from CR Tech will be doing the work, he's the OG of the company.

If the dealer will reimburst your interior repair invoices, I know a few quality interior repair techs I've met in the past. (not assoicated or partnered, or commission with them what so ever)... A lot of problems can arise in that trade as well: Colour (tone) of dash and repair batch not matching, fill not level, texture of area not blended, so on.

Kona9
09-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Sinister: I remember your thread like there is no tomorrow!! I really hope my situation does not go that far!!

McKenzie: Sorry to hear you are another GlassMaster Victim. :thumbsdow

TomCo: I used to export trucks to the US. Jamie hasa done a bunch of work for us back in the day! :thumbsup:

maybe if things get to a certain point! I will show them my crack!!:D

Kona9
09-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Well the truck was dropped off last night. Everything was pointed out and I offered to print the pictures if they needed them. I was informed the manager of GlassMasters agreed to pay for all damage.

We will see what they give back to me. Here is to hoping I recieve a final product equivalent to the service Brasso has been giving all along.

I will post back with final results.