PDA

View Full Version : Question about heel toe

supe
09-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Are some cars easier to heel toe? I could see that some rally cars or some other performance cars are designed to be driven a certain way, but in my alty it feels like the pedals aren't in the right place or something?

Redlyne_mr2
09-18-2007, 10:07 AM
yah depends on the car
and the size of your feet.. I have to toe heel rather than hell toe cause my feet are too big.

962 kid
09-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Yup, some cars are easier than others. It all depends on the distance between the brake and throttle, as well as the height difference. Ideally, the brake pedal when fully depressed should be level with the throttle.

If you're just starting out heel-toe, try positioning your foot differently and using different parts of it. It'll definitely take you some time to pick it up.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
yah depends on the car
and the size of your feet.. I have to toe heel rather than hell toe cause my feet are too big.

haha yeah big feet suck. I just kinda mash both pedals with the sides of my feet lol.

writhen
09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah I've found the bmw m3 has pedals that are more closely spaced as compared to my 300zx. I have a size 10 shoe and have troubles with size sometimes though...i guess small feet are a blessing for heal toe :dunno:

teggypimp95
09-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah some cars are easy some not. My gfs civic is easy for me becuase the pedals are spaced nice for my big feet. My jetta is harder becuase the pedals are closer and the gas is deeper to the floor. So i can only really do it with that when im braking very hard so there even. I where skate shoes alot too and they dont make it to easy. I more use the side of my foot then heel due to big feet.

DonJuan
09-18-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't heel toe my S14, tried it and my shoe got stuck (really it did!). I just left use my left foot to brake in spirited driving situations. I think it's easier to do. Then again my size 12/13 snowshoe feet don't help either.

whiskas
09-18-2007, 12:07 PM
You don't necessarily need to use your heel when doing it. I've done it by having half the ball of my foot on the brake and tilting the other half of my foot down to blip the throttle.

It's common for people to bend the pedals to make it easier, if you have throttle by cable like I do you can wrap several zipties around the end of the throttle cable to lift the gas pedal, just be sure that the throttle body opens up fully at WOT, mine was only opening up 70% until I discovered it :banghead: . I also know a guy that modified one of those spacers they sell to midgets that raise the pedal a tiny bit.

l/l/rX
09-18-2007, 12:29 PM
i noticed i couldnt heel toe in my friends 06 civic...the gas pedal was to deep into the floor compared to the brake pedal. do it in the wrx all the time. cant do it in my friends 99' 328i, the pedals are to far apart for me.

em2ab
09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
What's heel toe? :dunno:

sh0ko
09-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
What's heel toe? :dunno:

*sigh*

brentos
09-18-2007, 01:43 PM
In my buddys 93 civic I find myself keeping my foot straight and just rolling my foot a little bit because the gas is in about a inch deeper than than the brake and that my foot is a bit to big. I see people all the time puting the petal covers ony the gas and not the brake to extend it out a little bit. Just try putting your foot in diffrent positions.