PDA

View Full Version : Lexus Hybrid

black_2.5RS
09-18-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm looking at getting a Lexus Hybrid in the next 6-12 mths and want to know if:
1) Anyone has used / tried the Lexus Hybrid and what are their thoughts (or hybrids in general)
2) I really like the look of the IS250/350's but they don't have them as hybrids. Anyone know if Lexus plans on releasing versions of them in the near future?

boxer23
09-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I believe Lexus has no plans to release a IS series hybrid, they are coming out with two performance editions or so I have heard:
IS500 and IS-F

but I would say (seriously speaking)
wait for the Hyundai Genesis

Redlyne_mr2
09-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Hybrids are great cars.. I have been seeing taxis in Van hitting 350K kms without any issues, one of the reasons is because of the cvt tranny, the other is because of the hybrid engines meaning less wear on the main gas engine. No IS hybrid as of yet... perhaps when they redo the IS in 4-5 years.

rc2002
09-19-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Lexus hybrid. At first I thought the whole hybrid thing was just another gimmick - but after test driving one and doing my due diligence researching it, it's worth every penny.

If you want a hybrid right away, you'll have to either buy a GS, LS or RX.

w_man
09-19-2007, 10:54 AM
I just came from London where a family friend got the new Lexus Hybrid and i sat in the car while we were on the highway ...

That car ROCKS!!!! and when it drove past me after he dropped me off ... you couldnt even hear the car / engine ...

it's a slick sexy ride.

Eleanor
09-19-2007, 09:50 PM
I took driver's ed in a hybrid civic, and it wasn't bad. Felt some disconnect between myself and the road. You get used to it. and the display on the dash was reading ~6.5L/100km :thumbsup: