PDA

View Full Version : eBay car?

SkittleFreak
09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
My plan is to make a car of just eBay bought parts, and hopefully even the car.

That is my project...what are your thoughts on this?

AllGoNoShow
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Sounds vague and unplanned. Come back with more info?

ercchry
09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
why?

Kona9
09-18-2007, 07:53 PM
MONSTER....MONSTER GARAGE

Soren1989
09-18-2007, 07:56 PM
your plan = fail:thumbsdow

Spoons
09-18-2007, 09:12 PM
You sound like your a 12 year old with too many hopes and dreams, and extremely dumb ones at that. When you told your dad when you were a kid that someday you were going to be someone and do great things, he should of hit you.

md14
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
You sound like your a 12 year old with too many hopes and dreams, and extremely dumb ones at that. When you told your dad when you were a kid that someday you were going to be someone and do great things, he should of hit you.

:rofl:

stevo 27
09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

that was kinda of harsh hahah ^^^^

to the op Don't you will only waste your money and time

if you did not know 99.9999% of the stuff on ebay isnt worth the
material that it's made of( which is garbage in the fist place)
you will end up with the biggest piece of crap on the street

would you make a sandwich with dog shit??

then why would you build a car with ebay parts

you'd be more satisfied with the shit sandwich

in the hottrodding world the only phrase you need to follow
is "you get what you pay for"

SR240SX
09-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
MONSTER....MONSTER GARAGE

hahahahahaha holy shit that made me laugh all i could picture is that gay intro to that show hahah

SkittleFreak
09-18-2007, 11:34 PM
i havenothing better to do with my time or money andi want to see what teh world of ebay would have to offer. i bet i couldn't make it out of the driveway

DannyO
09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
How bout you just give me all your money and you can detail my car?

TomcoPDR
09-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by SkittleFreak
i bet i couldn't make it out of the driveway

:werd: answered your own question.

In my younger rice boy wannabe days, I bought a set of Altezza (when they first came out after the illegal "clear tail lense" ) off of Ebay, the electrical pins didn't fit the bulbs and the alignment pegs and threads are so off I just grinded them off. Got pissed trying to figure it out, sawed of the needed back housing from OEM in half (sawed off Altezza back half as well), and hot glued OEM working parts to the Ebay Altezzas.

Taiwan blue coloured bulbs. (burnt out within 48 hours)

soloracer
09-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Some would argue I'm on my way to doing just that....seeing as how I'm an e-bay junkie and all.

Here is a thread on my build.......and the car is a mixture of e-bay parts, new parts from the manufacturer and aftermarket parts from specialty companies. Still a ways to go but I look forward to driving it some day!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=66535&hl=peripheral+20b

ottamania
09-19-2007, 12:26 AM
if i were to go with that project " building a car from ebay" i would most probably go with honda civic. go make search on there with honda civic , eveyrhing u need is there :) from engine to freakin bumpers.

but of course instead of that i would just go get a civic that actually works fine without goin thru the build up process.

Spoons
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
Some would argue I'm on my way to doing just that....seeing as how I'm an e-bay junkie and all.

Here is a thread on my build.......and the car is a mixture of e-bay parts, new parts from the manufacturer and aftermarket parts from specialty companies. Still a ways to go but I look forward to driving it some day!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=66535&hl=peripheral+20b

Now THAT car is worth a build. I hope you finish er and it doesn't end up like a lot of project cars. I deffinantly want to be the first person to see that car complete.