PDA

View Full Version : Best office functions...

Super_Geo
09-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey just wondering what some fun office functions you guys have enjoyed. Be it golfing, go-karting, bowling, etc.

Just trying to get some ideas. Thanks!

joyridder
09-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Whitewater Rafting, paintball.....

adamc
09-19-2007, 11:14 AM
"the day off"

A790
09-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I really enjoyed the kareoke contest my only job did last year... free steak, booze, and of course, drunken kareoke.

QuasarCav
09-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Betting on the horse racing at Stampede park. Nice buffet and a chance to try something that I wouldn't normally do.

Super_Geo
09-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Kareoke contest?! Hahaha fuckin awesome!

How did that go? Did they do it at night? During the day? Did people get sauced? Haha I'm laughing just thinking about some people in my office piss drunk on the stage...

98type_r
09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
rock climbing

lint
09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
we had a horseshoe day that was surprisingly fun. One of the best ones was indoor beach volleyball. Watching my bosses get tripped up by the sand was excellent

black_2.5RS
09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
This will sound stupid but we went to the "Corn Maze" in the middle of night near some small town in Alberta as our halloween fun event. It was kinda creepy and really fun.

The Cosworth
09-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Camping trip over the weekend,

Golf,

Bowling and mini golf at Shanks north.

Camping was by far the best and not to expensive

Gainsbarre
09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Harness racing at Stampede Park was a fun event a few years ago. Poker tournament was another good one.

Getting stupidly drunk at corporate stampede parties is another. My boss and I were so wasted at the 2006 one that we were actually ranking the women at the office at one point (and he's a pretty stuffy guy...).

Of course, I've made no mention of the conversation afterwards.

TomcoPDR
09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
-Poker tounament (with food + booze)
-Movie then dinner night
-Pending on what the hot young female ratio is at the office; a co-ed scavenger hunt. (+1 if you're the event coordinator, partner yourself up with that girl you always wanted to "meet")... Come up with some crazy list where it gives you the chance to be alone with her/him. Even something simple like: "What office device always contain blood, roughly half the office contribute to the issue, but no one ever complains."... then you play dumb, and she'll be like the tampon box in the girl's bathroom; BAM, instead privacy... Probably one of the very few days you'll get away with sexual harassment in the work place, but just keep it respectful I guess.
-Cater food to office and bring in entertainment like a magician, comdian, strippers.
-Role reverse day, like the TV show on CBC venture "Back to the Floor" where the CEO's, managers, etc... switch places with the people doing the real work. Put everybody's name in a hat, and randomly pick who's job they'll be doing.
-Those new adult corporate "chucky cheese" places (except without the kid's games)... they have like adult arcade games or something.
-Ice skating, Roller skating.
-Shooting range

ddmmak
09-20-2007, 08:57 AM
We all went to Vegas and the boss gave us some spending money too....

R-Audi
09-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Went to the shooting range with the last company.... it was pretty cool. The Ladies didnt seem too interested.... but got there and loved it!!