PDA

View Full Version : Car broke into at autobody compound

JRSC00LUDE
09-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Car was in the compound over night, they had it to mold my rear lip into the bumper. The pics speak for themselves but theft/damage includes

- 4 rsx rims w/ brand new falken rubber
- deck and boost/wideband guage in custom install
- rear deck speakers
- side skirts/rotors/whatever else underneath from getting dropped
- ripped intake off of supercharger

Not sure what else yet, haven't had a chance to look closer (ie. inside/underneath) until the police are done with it later today.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/DSC00417.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/DSC00418.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/DSC00419.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/DSC00420.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/DSC00421.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/DSC00422.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/DSC00423.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/DSC00426.jpg

F.

Anyone comes across some powdercoated black rsx rims, buy them! And then beat the guy over the head with one of them until he stops bleeding.

:thumbsup:

Destinova403
09-19-2007, 12:01 PM
ouch... ill keep my eye out...

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

bump for a fellow prelude owner.

you file with the CPS yet?

R-Audi
09-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Similiar thing happend to me at Concours.. luckily they paid for everything.

On the positive side... you will be getting new rims.. and chances are the dealer price for RSX rims will be more then aftermarket ones!! Same goes for other stuff...

marko polo
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
damn man, i feel for ya. Hopefully everything works out with insurance and the fuckers that did this get caught. good luck

Dooms_Bane
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
what the hellllllll that looks kinda well planned out. >.<

JRSC00LUDE
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Sorry, didn't note that I am in Saskatoon. I don't really expect anyone to see them but you never know.

There's brand new falken fk-452, 205/55ZR16 on them as well.

ottamania
09-19-2007, 12:07 PM
WTF thats crazy. its well planned for sure. mother fuckers.
sorry to see that dude.

4doorj
09-19-2007, 12:08 PM
dang that sucks!!!!

JRSC00LUDE
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah, the fact that it happened (just like the last time I got broke into last year) on the one night of the year that it isn't parked inside a garage really makes me wonder.

Killa_Kam
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
wut kind of stupid body shop would leave this kind of car outside over night.
well hopefully everything works out for you.

PS: make the bodyshop pay's for everything because it was on thier lot

TNation
09-19-2007, 12:16 PM
thats so harsh man
I feel for you, thats well planned for sure.
I hope you get reimbursed in full and there's no problems collecting the money.
Saskatoon seems to be a goldmine for car break-in's.

"According to Stats Canada, Saskatoon has the highest crime rate per capita than any other place in Canada! In fact, the Saskatoon Police report that they have about 500 break-ins per month."

thats insane.

jdm_eg6
09-19-2007, 12:18 PM
yeh man, Screamin Paintworks puts their projects inside over night, I dont know how confortable i would be with a shop that leaves the cars outside without propper security.

Kona9
09-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Shitty deal man! Good luck with Ins,shop, parts...etc!!!

hoamic11
09-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Fack that sucks man, sorry to hear. How did they get into your car to get the speakers?

all the windows look fine, did the bodyshop leave your doors unlocked?

98type_r
09-19-2007, 12:31 PM
you can see where they pried the drivers door, look at the top of the frame

T-Dubbs
09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
thank god they didnt swipe your blower!

5hift
09-19-2007, 12:59 PM
its pretty convenient your car gets hit up on the one day its parked outside. Were any other cars broken into in the lot? Did the enterance to the lot show signs of forced entry? I would be thinking inside, or someone that works there told someone about this nice prelude they have parked.

If I was you I'd be thinking it was a inside job one way or another. Hopefully you get fair value for your stuff and you wont find more damage when you try to get it running smoothly again.

JRSC00LUDE
09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah, it does seem all too convenient to me as well but on the other, I've done a lot of business with the owner of this shop and he said this is the second time in the 20 years they've been at this location that a vehicle has been broken into or vandalized. The car has been there several times before with no problems.

There were no signs of forced entry because the compound has an 8 foot fence with a locked gate but there is no barbed wire or anything on top so you can just climb over. I'm really surprised they didn't steal my S2K seats.

Strider
09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
yea... but did they chuck 4 rims over an 8 foot fence to get out?

if there's no damage to the fence/gate, that just screams inside job

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Yeah, it does seem all too convenient to me as well but on the other, I've done a lot of business with the owner of this shop and he said this is the second time in the 20 years they've been at this location that a vehicle has been broken into or vandalized. The car has been there several times before with no problems.

There were no signs of forced entry because the compound has an 8 foot fence with a locked gate but there is no barbed wire or anything on top so you can just climb over. I'm really surprised they didn't steal my S2K seats.

5hift
09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
^^ exactly, I cant imagine someone climbing over a 8 foot fence with a rim in one hand

Even if the shop has a good rep and youve done business with them before, all it takes is one new shady shop hand to give his buddy a call about this sick lude they have in the shop.

JRSC00LUDE
09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, they could have been passing them over to the person in the back of a truck.....people can draw their own conclusions of course, but I won't imply any unproven allegations against a shop that has treated me exceedingly well in the handling of both this situation and all other work they have done in the past.

I certainly appreciate the interest though, thank you. :thumbsup:

5hift
09-19-2007, 01:43 PM
^^
Good way to look at it

As long as every expense is covered and your car runs fine after it doesnt really matter.

Hopefully you didnt have paperwork in your car that would give away your name or address, or they could just wait for you to replace everything and then hit you again where you normally park it.

rc2002
09-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Those stupid idiots. The intake is useless to them - it had to be trimmed to fit properly so it won't work for any Prelude that doesn't have a JRSC.

That really sucks to hear. Hope you're not out for too long without a car.

JRSC00LUDE
09-19-2007, 02:02 PM
^

I can't imagine having it on the road again this season. By the time it's repaired, snow will likely be flying.

Toms-SC
09-19-2007, 02:08 PM
That is fucking shitty man. Sorry to hear. They really did go to town on that thing.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Snow is already flying here =(

Sorry to hear man. Is the shops insurance covering it, or is your own insurance covering it? Or is the shop covering it on their own? Hopefully everything works out well for you. Sad to see such a nice car get torn apart like that by a few retards who can't work/save money on their own.

JRSC00LUDE
09-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Killa_Kam
PS: make the bodyshop pay's for everything because it was on thier lot

Actually, if I understand the laws around bailment correctly I don't see how they could be help liable for this so my insurance will be covering it. When transferring physical possession of chattel to someone else, they are only required to take reasonable steps to protect it from harm. Being in a locked compound would be a reasonable step, if they would have left it on the street it would be a different story.

They have already said they will cover the deductible though as the owner feels bad about this happening to me. He knows how fussy I am with my car.

Originally posted by Toms-SC
That is fucking shitty man. Sorry to hear. They really did go to town on that thing.

Thanks for the sentiment. :)

Dj_Stylz
09-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Damn that really sucks man. Was there damage done to the doors or anything? Also did they steal your Honda symbol lol? Anyways i hope you get it all fixed and your car is fine

infected
09-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Wow that sucks balls. Sorry to hear man.

GTS Jeff
09-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs
thank god they didnt swipe your blower! haha the ricers probably recognized the intake but not the s/c!!!

Jlude
09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
that's too bad....

arian_ma
09-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh man! Sorry to see that. How much damage do you estimate?

JRSC00LUDE
09-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Not sure since I don't have receipts to back some of it up. Replacing aem uego is around 400, boost guage around 90, deck plus custom install of those three things around 700, rear speakers were Boston Acoustic components worth a decent penny.

Don't have a receipt for the aem cai or the rsx wheels so don't know how that would work. To buy the rims from acura is $2940.00 (got a quote today), falken rubber is $700 (had less than 5000km on it), damage to rotors etc. unknown, damage to sideskirts unknown as honda discontinued them and doesn't make them any more. Misc. damage to some hoses/connections underhood is unknown and haven't seen undercarriage/exhaust yet either.

Any additional damage to door from breaking in, dash and rear deck from ripping the other shit out is unknown at this point as well.

300zxfairlday
09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
shit sorry to here hopefully u get it fixed soon without any probs!

TegLover
09-19-2007, 10:47 PM
looks like they stole your H badge on the trunk as well, wow real cool now haha

hoamic11
09-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r
you can see where they pried the drivers door, look at the top of the frame

oh yeah, needed a closer look, they pryed the window which is what they did wiht my car when it got broken into.

As for who's gonna cover it, the bodyshop should b/c it was in their possession, and they have insurance for stuff like that, it's their fault for not putting the car indoors.

88CRXGUY
09-19-2007, 11:06 PM
The theives probably though if they put it on their cars that it will give them an extra 5 hp. Fucken idiots..

Xamim
09-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Man that sucks. Hope you get every penny back, and maybe find out who did this.

Does the shop have a cameras over the lot?

I remember my dad's Vigor got broken into at a shop lot, they took the OEM Deck. After that the shop put up like 5 cameras.

Doozer
09-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey, out of curiosity: did you (I'm assuming you did) have locking nuts on the rims?

CK4500
09-20-2007, 01:33 AM
They took your honda "H" from the trunk lid too.

Sorry about your luck man. Did you plan this to get out of racing me next weekend?! :-) Some people will do anthing to avoid being beat! I'll save the can of whoop ass for next time!

Biga Ramrod
09-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I just read 5 stolen threads and I have to say that I am really tired of hearing people getting ripped off. What is it with these a-holes that think they can just take whatever they want? It disgusting. Are people to poor that they can't afford to buy what they want anymore? When I want something I work my a$$ off and save up for it, I wonder how these people were raised? I feel for you man, It totally sucks to have something that is yours stolen. I hope everything works out for you. The worst part is that the person that did this will probably not be caught.

schurchill39
09-22-2007, 06:01 PM
I am living in Saskatoon now so I will keep my eyes peeled around the uni and the east side

slowep3
09-22-2007, 06:12 PM
oh man what a bummer looked like a nice car my cuz had his car broken into at the lrt station and then took it to the body shop and that nite some one stole it the cops never caught anyone so maybe same ppl