09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm trying to get a game working for my kid, and its says in a help folder:

Commands:

To run the file directly

-r <Path>
asr.exe -r C:\Games\Securom\Main.exe

@Alki
Please at least leave a note next time you change something in my application

And frankly I don't have a clue with what I'm supposed to do with this.

shynepho
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
find the file Main.exe and double click it

gofastmerc
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by shynepho
find the file Main.exe and double click it

Thanks for the fast reply.

I poked around and I can't find a file that says main.exe.

gofastmerc
09-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Soo I've been reading....

I mounted the game using Daemon tools.

It then says to use...

Well, here:

mount with latest version of deamon tools
* install
* use securom loader v1.2 which is included in the tools file
* play

The first posts instrutions were for securom loader. It says use it, but I can't really figure out how.

I can't find any file in there marked main, and when I click the folder (asr) it just opens the same folder I'm in.

Doozer
09-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Ok, from the posts, this is what I've gathered that you need to do:

- load the image into Daemon tools and install it. Have you done this?

- after installation, you need to run it through the securom to play it (or maybe it's for a crack?).

It sounds like there's a couple of ways of using securom to run it, once it's been installed. You can open the asr.exe file and then somehow open the main.exe through that. I'm not familiar with securom, so I'm not sure. But the other way is probably through a DOS prompt. Chances are that that's easier. Open a prompt, navigate to the asr.exe directory, then type "asr.exe -r C:\Games\Securom\Main.exe" into the DOS prompt. (assuming that C:\Games is where your securom is located. That should do it...

gofastmerc
09-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
Ok, from the posts, this is what I've gathered that you need to do:

- load the image into Daemon tools and install it. Have you done this?

Yes

- after installation, you need to run it through the securom to play it (or maybe it's for a crack?).

Sounds right

It sounds like there's a couple of ways of using securom to run it, once it's been installed. You can open the asr.exe file and then somehow open the main.exe through that. I'm not familiar with securom, so I'm not sure. But the other way is probably through a DOS prompt. Chances are that that's easier. Open a prompt, navigate to the asr.exe directory, then type &quot;asr.exe -r C:\Games\Securom\Main.exe&quot; into the DOS prompt. (assuming that C:\Games is where your securom is located. That should do it...

OK, here is the part I don't get, "You can open the asr.exe file and then somehow open the main.exe through that" What does that mean?

Click on asr file, and click on the game icon?

I tried that, and that ain't workin.

I tried the dos promp, but it kicked it out right at the "asr.exe -r" is not a valid bla bla bla...

Thanks for the help.

Doozer
09-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by gofastmerc

OK, here is the part I don't get, "You can open the asr.exe file and then somehow open the main.exe through that"; What does that mean?

Well I haven't used the securom, so I'm not 100% sure how it works. Is there online advice you can find on how to use it? I'm thinking that it might be like a doorway to use the installed game.

For example, I once downloaded a trainer for a game, that gave me unlimited life/money or something like that. I had to put that trainer .exe file in the same directory as the game file, and when I wanted to use that, I'd have to open the trainer.exe file, which would then open a little menu that said "play game". Clicking that button would then run the actual game, but thorugh the trainer, which unlocked things. It sounds to me like this might be the same concept, just executed somehow differently.

treg50
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
What game is it?

gofastmerc
09-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Its Cars, you know from the movie.