PDA

View Full Version : Insurance goes up with demerits?

TNation
09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
how many of you here have had your insurance go up with your demerits? Like if you have a non-GDL and you have 13 demerits out of 15, is your insurance still the same? or if you are GDL and you have 7 demerits out of 8, has your insurance changed depending on your tickets received?
I'm just debating this with a friend, he thinks insurance always changes, I don't think so normally as it depends on the insurance company. Thanks guys.

ApexDrift
09-19-2007, 01:12 PM
having demerits taken off doesnt mean your insurence goes up... having a claim, doesnt mean the insurence up's... there are a lot of factors...

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-19-2007, 02:11 PM
It's not really the amount of demerits, it's the amount of violations... so if you managed to lower a few tickets, won't matter, you still broke the law to the insurance company. It varies from company to company, but it's usually around 2-3 will make it go up.

teggypimp95
09-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Lets say you get a ticket and it costs you a few demerits.
Depending on your insurance company they may look at it and raise your insurance, or maybe wait untill you get another ticket or 2 under your belt. HOWEVER, if you get the demarits removed, your insurance company does not even know about the ticket.

I have gotten a hell of alot of tickets since i turned 16. And i have managed to remove the demerits on all but one. And my insurance company only knows about the one.

TNation
09-19-2007, 04:24 PM
a friend has gotten two tickets 7 demerits
no problems, in fact his insurance dropped.. I saw it myself.
is this normal?

rusich
09-19-2007, 10:55 PM
NO it isn't normal! You should definatelly call the insurance company and tell them about the mistake they have made!