PDA

View Full Version : marketing or sales jobs like CUTCO/vector

ilovelude
09-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello guys~ im seeking for a parttime job that doesn't have a fixed schedule. Basicly just like the sales representative of CUTCO or vector.. i want to walk door by door or appointment to sell something for experience
But, one of my best frds had worked at CUTCO, and he wouldn't suggest me t work there..
so, does anyone know if there is any better company that offer similiar positions like CUTCO? I really like representing and selling~for me, it is really a good challenge and experience!

:clap:

Pacman
09-19-2007, 11:30 PM
How about Kirby vacuum cleaners?

ilovelude
09-20-2007, 12:08 AM
i searched kirby vacuum and applied online. now just waitin for them to send more detail info to my email..it doens't really state what positions they offer on the site.

any comments on quixtar and how you can become their sales? i checked their site, but couldn't find where to apply

Toms-SC
09-20-2007, 08:44 AM
search

Cliff Notes: Scam

GTS Jeff
09-20-2007, 10:58 AM
This is the first I've heard of someone actively looking get scammed by working for a company where your job is to scam people by being a sleazy door to door scammer.

If you want good experience, why not aim higher and gain experience in respectable sales jobs where you can make more money and not get yelled at every 4 steps?

ilovelude
09-20-2007, 12:08 PM
im a full time student and im also really busy with other stuff. i wish i can get a really professional sales jobs. i've done searches, but most of them only want full time or at least post-secondary level.
and.. are most of the products these companies selling really garbages? scamming? nothing good? :dunno:

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
This is the first I've heard of someone actively looking get scammed by working for a company where your job is to scam people by being a sleazy door to door scammer.

If you want good experience, why not aim higher and gain experience in respectable sales jobs where you can make more money and not get yelled at every 4 steps?

GTS Jeff
09-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ilovelude
im a full time student and im also really busy with other stuff. i wish i can get a really professional sales jobs. i've done searches, but most of them only want full time or at least post-secondary level.
and.. are most of the products these companies selling really garbages? scamming? nothing good? :dunno:

Honestly I think working at Visions or something is way better. Indoors, more consistent earnings, just as much earning potential, no need to harass people...

nos_efx
09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I think Cutco sells knives correct? I think the actually product is quite nice as I do know some people who own them.

ilovelude
09-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Honestly I think working at Visions or something is way better. Indoors, more consistent earnings, just as much earning potential, no need to harass people...

ENVIRONIC market vision?? i worked there before for about 6 months. learnt something at the beginnin, but then it got pretty bad cuz of the extremely boring work, environment and low salary. $9/h, i think even mcdonald is even payin more than that right..

Canadian 2.5RS
09-20-2007, 09:04 PM

ENVIRONIC market vision?? i worked there before for about 6 months. learnt something at the beginnin, but then it got pretty bad cuz of the extremely boring work, environment and low salary. $9/h, i think even mcdonald is even payin more than that right..

That company is called GravityWave now and is in a new location. I know because I work for Environics Research Group and we sold Market Visions last year. I have no idea what they pay now but seriously what did you expect? You do phone surveys. Judging from your spelling, you must be the reason I got such shitty verbatims. :D

GTS Jeff
09-20-2007, 09:47 PM

ENVIRONIC market vision?? i worked there before for about 6 months. learnt something at the beginnin, but then it got pretty bad cuz of the extremely boring work, environment and low salary. $9/h, i think even mcdonald is even payin more than that right.. Um, no, I'm talking about the store that sells TVs and audio shit.

ilovelude
09-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

That company is called GravityWave now and is in a new location. I know because I work for Environics Research Group and we sold Market Visions last year. I have no idea what they pay now but seriously what did you expect? You do phone surveys. Judging from your spelling, you must be the reason I got such shitty verbatims. :D

don't defend for ur old shitty company please..that company was extremely not professional and strict about the accuracy of the survey data they collect..the managers didn't even care about what the interviewers do as long as they were able to get some "results" from whtever way they use. most of the interviewers just skipped long questions and put down random answers themselves. Managers didn't even care. i just feltso bad for those companies that paid environic to do surveys..