PDA

View Full Version : LF someone to dig fence holes

4doorj
09-20-2007, 11:46 AM
just seeing if anyone in beyond is doing this ? before i start searching for those signs around my neighborhood when i get home from work....haha
let me know
thanks

em2ab
09-20-2007, 12:24 PM
I've done it before, it's easy. Just rent an auger and you'll have it done in a day.

4doorj
09-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
I've done it before, it's easy. Just rent an auger and you'll have it done in a day.

id rather just pay somone

Ferio_vti
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
You live in a new area?? Try looking for someone with bobcat, they usually have the attachment to drill holes and ask them what they charge per hole in cash.

4doorj
09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
You live in a new area?? Try looking for someone with bobcat, they usually have the attachment to drill holes and ask them what they charge per hole in cash.
good idea!!!
ill walk up to a few of them

78si
09-20-2007, 01:37 PM
pm sluggish

sputnik
09-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Just make sure your property is sprayed out by the Call Before You Dig people first otherwise the bobcat guys wont touch it.

They can get fined $10,000 for digging holes on an unmarked property.

4doorj
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
yup!!! getting it marked on monday!!!

Doozer
09-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj

id rather just pay somone

Agreed. What area do you live in? I'm in the Royal Oak/Rocky Ridge area, and you might as well be digging with your bare hands if you try to use an auger. They don't call it Rocky Ridge for nothing. There's about 8" of dirt covering 10 feet of clay and rocks. Even the bobcat had to stop short on one my fence holes because he hit a rock that was too big to move/lift.

I can't remember the name of the guys I called, but I think it had a 4 in the name ... focus4 development? something like that. They were good, it was $20/hole, but that may be cheaper in a less rocky area.

And also, X2 on the call-before-you-dig. My guy wouldn't even make me an appointment until I called him back and told him the lines had been sprayed. Roughly a 2 day turnaround on that, which isn't bad.

4doorj
09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
i live in new brighton ...
when digging the holes for my deck was easy... but then i was digging holes out by the fence at the back of the yard... everytime i dug a foot i hit stone... so if its not by the house... im sure there will be tons of rocks... so i would rather pay someone to do it for me
saves me time and stress

sluggish
09-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Call me 542-1928

Mike