PDA

View Full Version : the world of gentlemen

autospeed
09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey guys I just got my first BMW, kinda feel like i've entered the world of gentlemen haha. Its a 2000 328ci, and yes I picked it up as a wreck. But here's the catch... I've found someone who is selling me the complete m3 front end, and if all goes through (fingers crossed) the entire drivetrain as well!!!!! The car will be completely re-sprayed a different color, as well i plan on cutting out the old quarter-panels and welding in the m3 panels, unless I decide to widen the existing ones we'll see how it goes.

autospeed
09-20-2007, 03:42 PM
i'll have pics up this evening, since i'm sitting in class at school.:)

scat19
09-20-2007, 05:55 PM
welcome

.civictyper.
09-20-2007, 06:47 PM
welcome, but you have a long project ahead of you. Good luck my man, and keep us posted

1-Bar
09-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Nice, looks like fun. What are you going to do about the current motor and tranny?

autospeed
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Oh i know what i'm in for, but this isn't the first long term project i've done. Plus i'm a mechanic/body man so i'm not trying to pull some hail mary swap in my home garage haha. Once the current motor/tranny/rear-diff are all pulled i'll probably just put em up for sale... But a good friend of mine just bought a 1976 2002 so we had the insane idea of swapping it in there... if he doesn't go thru with his m20 swap. I'll keep everyone posted tho. And for the record i think this is the real world of gentlemen. (sorry caddy owners)

autospeed
09-20-2007, 07:32 PM
the front

autospeed
09-20-2007, 07:33 PM
front again

autospeed
09-20-2007, 07:34 PM
side

JordanLotoski
09-20-2007, 08:34 PM
hey by any chance does the car have winter tired on the back and summers on the front?>

JordanLotoski
09-20-2007, 08:59 PM
so it turns out that car you bought was my wifes best friends car....small world hey

autospeed
09-20-2007, 09:38 PM
i'll check the tires again if this turns out to be true can you get me the keys to the car, because bmw told me it'll cost $225 to get a new one made haha. The yard I bought the car from never had the keys, haha what a small world indeed.

Jayson
09-20-2007, 10:41 PM
good luck on the project man... it's gonna be a nice finish

googe
09-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by autospeed
Hey guys I just got my first BMW, kinda feel like i've entered the world of gentlemen haha.

And for the record i think this is the real world of gentlemen. (sorry caddy owners)

i hope that one day, in the near future, you realize how ridiculous this sounds.

finboy
09-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by googe

i hope that one day, in the near future, you realize how ridiculous this sounds.

:werd:

those quotes are right up there with "i'm not stupid, i drive a bmw" :rofl:

Kaos
09-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Nice Project

And for the record i think this is the real world of gentlemen. (sorry caddy owners) :banghead:

Originally posted by googe

I agree.
It's a BMW, not a Ferarri. :devil:

Neil4Speed
09-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Give the guy a break here. Nice car, should look amazing when your done. All the best.

rage2
09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
The world of gentleman... nikka please. It's the world of assholes who think they're better than everyone. Your gentleman comment confirms it! :rofl:

autospeed
09-21-2007, 10:17 AM
lol i don't think i'm better than anyone else on here, i just liked the commercial, and i'm just excited to move up to a nicer car than what i had before...which was the bus since i got smoked by a drunk driver.. I still want to buy a fd after i graduate so don't think i'm looking down on anyone else on here.

JordanLotoski
09-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by rage2
The world of gentleman... nikka please. It's the world of assholes who think they're better than everyone. Your gentleman comment confirms it! :rofl:

I can confirm that...I have 2 and iam a total douche bag!!!:D

funkedelic
09-21-2007, 04:59 PM
nice pick up

good luck on the project

ZorroAMG
09-21-2007, 07:52 PM
HAHAHAHA holy hell I wanted to say what miwyfshot and rage2 said but driving a mercedes would make it sound bad too.... ;)

Whatever:

World of Gentleyuppypricks actually...and yes this occurs much less with benz drivers, sorry :D

max_boost
09-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by finboy

:werd:

those quotes are right up there with "i'm not stupid, i drive a bmw" :rofl:

Classic!

chass4u
09-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey thats my car.....

I think I might have left some stuff in the glove box... Asshole went thru a red light and killed the car... lucky me got nice insurance payout and I upgraded to 06' G35 Coupe... Have fun with my old baby!!

PM me to get the key ;)

takemtochurch
09-23-2007, 03:03 PM
did you buy that from calgary salvage? i saw it there... how much did you get it for?

Nav13
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM
which junk yards to you go to get something like this?

Shaolin
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
world of gentlemen? not quite.. it's only a beamer.. but congrats on owning your 1st.. :D

De Dutch
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Congrats man, it will be so much more rewarding because of the work your going to be doing on it! Pay no attention to the negativity.

autospeed
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all the compliments guys, I'll keep adding pics as i go, right now I'm just biting my nails waiting for a response on the m3 drivetrain I want to buy.

As for the other responses yes I got this from Calgary Salvage, no I'm not gonna disclose the price on here haha.

And as for the negativity I could care less everyone says this and that can't be done.

funkedelic
09-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
world of gentlemen? not quite.. it's only a beamer.. but congrats on owning your 1st.. :D

ITS BIMMER!! :guns:

Join e46fanatics.com

great site, guys are really helpfull and tons of info on where to get everything.

Team_BMW
09-25-2007, 06:43 AM
hehe saw this before I got banned... aka Dayclone.

Goodluck with the project dude! Seems like it's going to be one crazy project to do but in the end it'll be worth it right?

Just a question was there any frame damage? because it looks pretty substantial amount of damage done.

autospeed
09-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Some minor damage but the pics actually make it look worse than it is, its the mangled hood that does it lol. The shock tower has shifted a bit making the wheel on the front passenger have a crazy angle. Just gotta take everything off and get it on the frame machine, shouldn't take more than a day or two to get everything lined up again:D

TNation
09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
You'll clean it up good I'm sure, good luck with the Bimmer, welcome to the Bimmer world!

Shaolin
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah yeah yeah, slip of the keys, that's all.. :D

Originally posted by funkedelic

ITS BIMMER!! :guns:

Join e46fanatics.com

great site, guys are really helpfull and tons of info on where to get everything.

Team_BMW
09-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey keep us posted! and seems like it's gonna be an awesome project! Goodluck.

Umm just a question but it doesn't have like a salvage title does it? Because anything that goes to wreckers I don't quite remember but shouldn't it have a salvage title? and to get those damn things re-inspected and certified to be drivable and safe is a pain in the @$$ from what I've heard.

Xamim
09-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Team_BMW
Hey keep us posted! and seems like it's gonna be an awesome project! Goodluck.

Umm just a question but it doesn't have like a salvage title does it? Because anything that goes to wreckers I don't quite remember but shouldn't it have a salvage title? and to get those damn things re-inspected and certified to be drivable and safe is a pain in the @$$ from what I've heard.

I wouldnt say that its a pain in the ass as long as you do everything right. Not that hard to get a re-built tittle.

autospeed
09-27-2007, 01:17 AM
yea exactly what Xamim said, it really isn't hard to get the re-built title as long as your work is properly done. I've done it before.

The only thing that sucks is morons telling you you're car is worth less than half after you've done the work, and gotten everything approved from a pretty lengthy and very detailed inspection!! Oh well at least there's some good people on here that don't care and are excited about the project!! Thanks for all the support so far guys:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Team_BMW
09-27-2007, 06:49 PM
yea exactly what Xamim said, it really isn't hard to get the re-built title as long as your work is properly done. I've done it before.

The only thing that sucks is morons telling you you're car is worth less than half after you've done the work, and gotten everything approved from a pretty lengthy and very detailed inspection!! Oh well at least there's some good people on here that don't care and are excited about the project!! Thanks for all the support so far guys:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ah! I see, well then who cares if people are saying shit about your car! Their just jelous you got a Bimmer hahaha!

Otherwise please post pics of progress if you can...! It'll be great to see how it's going, and maybe learn something?

AllGoNoShow
09-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Should be fun for you if you get to do the whole converstion.

Keep us posted!

G
09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I bet people are crazy jealous of your 320i...just kidding it's the asshole in me speaking.

Originally posted by Team_BMW

Ah! I see, well then who cares if people are saying shit about your car! Their just jelous you got a Bimmer hahaha!

Otherwise please post pics of progress if you can...! It'll be great to see how it's going, and maybe learn something?

Team_BMW
09-29-2007, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by G
I bet people are crazy jealous of your 320i...just kidding it's the asshole in me speaking.

Lol it's all good, hey u got a 335i -_- better than mine ><
Stupid 320i... I don't even know why they had that in Canada. Why couldn't they just stick with the 325i... it's lame cause if I want to order special parts or something like a SC it'll have to be from Europe which will rape me for shipping and the product cost.

funkedelic
09-29-2007, 03:31 AM
yeah dude that things going to be Ssssloooooooow

but at least make it look nice :)