PDA

View Full Version : a Question for all the computer guys!

3G
07-04-2003, 06:03 PM
alright when im viewing webpages that have pictures on them, it only shows me half the pics..how can i fix this??

thanks in advance

DSM Power
07-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Get more memory for your PC? :rofl:

3G
07-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Get more memory for your PC? :rofl:

well it just started doing that recently and i have 128mb of ram

Dragon X
07-05-2003, 11:06 PM
format

3G
07-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Dragon X
format

i formatted like a million times.:bullshit: . maybe its time for a new comp?? :confused: :dunno:

Abom
07-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
i formatted like a million times.:bullshit: . maybe its time for a new comp?? :confused: :dunno:

Give us all your computer specs, including CPU, Motherboard, Hard Drive, etc. Once we know that, we can tell you if / what you should be looking at upgrading :thumbsup:

3G
07-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Abom

Give us all your computer specs, including CPU, Motherboard, Hard Drive, etc. Once we know that, we can tell you if / what you should be looking at upgrading :thumbsup:

alright heres what i know off the top of my head

Intel P3 533MHz
13GB harddrive
128 mb pc 100ram (something like that)
52X cdrom

thats all i can tel u since i cant find the papers

DSM Power
07-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Asumming you're running Windoze XP, 128MB ain't gonna cut it. :tongue:

3G
07-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Asumming you're running Windoze XP, 128MB ain't gonna cut it. :tongue:

woops im running windows ME

Khyron
07-06-2003, 09:33 PM
That comp is fine for surfing web pages (even on XP) - sounds like your browser or security setting or networkl - try getting latest version of IE - if its still screwed try mozilla or netscape. If that's screwed too it's gotta be some network problem - probably your 10 dollar network card (I've seen it on big files, not small web images).

Khyron

Abom
07-06-2003, 09:36 PM
woops im running windows ME

This is not your problem, but just to let you know, Windows ME is a memory hog :(

Ferio_vti
07-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Sorry to change the subject...
Problem I have with IE, when I right click to save images, doesn't matter what its original format is I always have to save it as a .bmp.
I'm using version 6.X and I can't figure what I can do to fix it.

3G
07-06-2003, 10:12 PM
i have IE 6 maybe it is my network card..i unno Shaw gave me it cuz my old one fucked up

Khyron
07-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Sorry to change the subject...
Problem I have with IE, when I right click to save images, doesn't matter what its original format is I always have to save it as a .bmp.
I'm using version 6.X and I can't figure what I can do to fix it.

Sorry, but the fix is messy. You can always try reinstalling the browser as that will also work or follow the steps below:

SUMMARY
When you save an image in Microsoft Internet Explorer, the image is saved by default as a bitmap (.bmp). You do not have the option to save the image by using an extension other than .bmp. You experience this behavior even when the image uses a different format (such as .gif or .jpeg).

For example, when you right-click an image on a Web page, and then click Save Picture As , the file name that appears in the File name box is Untitled , and the file type that appears in the Save as type box is Bitmap (*.bmp).

CAUSE
This behavior may occur if a damaged program file (for example, an ActiveX or Java object) is downloaded to the SystemRoot\Downloaded Program Files folder on your hard disk.

RESOLUTION
To troubleshoot and resolve this behavior, empty the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder, and then delete the files in the Downloaded Program Files folder that are listed as either Unknown or Damaged . To do so:

Start Internet Explorer (if it is not already started).

Empty the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder. To do so:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options .

Click the General tab.

Under Temporary Internet files , click Delete Files .

When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK .

In the Downloaded Program Files folder on your hard disk, remove the files that are listed as either Unknown or Damaged . To do so:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options .

Click the General tab.

Under Temporary Internet files , click Settings .

Click View Objects .

The list of program files that are downloaded to the SystemRoot\Downloaded Program Files folder on your hard disk appears in the Downloaded Program Files window.

In the Status column, note the files that are listed as either Unknown or Damaged . Remove these files. To do so, right-click the file, and then click Remove .

When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click Yes .

Close the Downloaded Program Files window, and then click OK two times.

Save an image in Internet Explorer to test and determine if the issue is resolved. If the issue continues to occur after you remove all downloaded program files that are listed as Unknown or Damaged , try removing the other downloaded program files that are on the list.

Note: The next time that you need one of the files that you removed from the Downloaded Program Files folder, you will receive a prompt to download the file to your hard disk in Internet Explorer.

To find all the details visit this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978

Khyron

Khyron
07-06-2003, 10:15 PM
i have IE 6 maybe it is my network card..i unno Shaw gave me it cuz my old one fucked up

Try a diff browser, if it's fucked too then go get a 20 dollar Linksys or whatever 10/100 card from memory express. (or borrow one - I can't swear that it will fix your problem).

Khyron

googe
07-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Hardware wouldnt affect that. An old 486 with 8mb of ram would still load web pages. It would just take longer. Some of us did live like this back in the early 90s.

It would be some obscure software issue. I am not sure what, but if you spend money on hardware hoping it will go away, you will be disappointed :)