PDA

View Full Version : Parking ticket question

E46..sTyLez
09-21-2007, 10:01 AM
K this is a bit of a weird one, so I'm not sure how I should deal with it.
I dropped my car off at Calgary BMW on Monday sept.10 at about 8am. I parked it on the street near the front doors as I usually do because there is no parking spots in the BMW parking lot (I can't wait for them to move!!!).

Anyways...a parking control guy came and took a picture at 10:18am then returned and took another photo at 1:15pm resulting in a $40.00 ticket for parking there too long... When I dropped my car off I told the service agent my car is parked on the street.

now, do I pay for the ticket myself because I parked it there...or should I take this up with BMW for leaving it there for half the day? I just want to do what is right, I don't really care about $40.00 but based on principle...I kinda feel BMW should be moving a vehicle that has been dropped off for booked service.

what do u guys think?

teggypimp95
09-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I say give it a try with bmw, just tell the service manager the story and let them know that you made them aware that your car was there and needed to be moved soon. Its not your fault that they do not have enough parking. I would sure hope he would pay for the ticket becuase its not your fault.

E46..sTyLez
09-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah I guess that I could approach BMW with the ticket but not try to force the ticket down there throat. They might just offer to pay it but if not im not gonna waste any time of effort with them. They are usually pretty reasonable.. funny thing is my car was in there to get a scratch on the fender fixed that they did the last time i was there. and...they gave me an 07 328i for the whole week my car was with them....

teggypimp95
09-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah i mean your giving them constant buiness, and your car was only there becuase of them in the first place. I would ask them about it. Even just give the manager a call or something?

Doozer
09-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Before you even mention the ticket, I'd probably go inside and ask what the procedure is for dropping a car off early. Where should you park, etc? See what they say.

That way, if they say "oh, we've got a special area around back" or something that you didn't know about, you won't make yourself look like an ass. But if they say "oh, just park on the street", then you can say "well I did that and got a ticket, can you help me out".

At least you'll know for next time...

E46..sTyLez
09-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
Before you even mention the ticket, I'd probably go inside and ask what the procedure is for dropping a car off early. Where should you park, etc? See what they say.

That way, if they say "oh, we've got a special area around back" or something that you didn't know about, you won't make yourself look like an ass. But if they say "oh, just park on the street", then you can say "well I did that and got a ticket, can you help me out".

At least you'll know for next time...

good fukin call haha ur sneaky!! :thumbsup:
I think thats exactly what i'll do, eliminate their excuses before they can use them haha

Doozer
09-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, I'm not necessarily trying to eliminate excuses. It's just good to get your facts straight before you make a big deal out of it. You're more likely to be happy with the outcome if you know the circumstances ....