PDA

View Full Version : Car Squeeking, by the right wheel

Kobe
09-21-2007, 07:58 PM
At first it started off that the car would kind of squeek, I guess it can be called squeeking, it made this weird noise when I turned left, on the front right side, now it makes the noise most of the time when I start going and change gears, it doesn't do it every time, but i'd say about 70-80% of the time...

My guess is a CV Joint? Does anyone else have any ideas? I'm going to take off the tire or sunday and check it out...

SOAB
09-22-2007, 01:39 AM
is it like a clicking sound? or a squealing? clicking would be CV joint. squealing could be wheel bearings?

JordanAndrew
09-22-2007, 01:54 AM
check wheel bearings, calipers, brake pads, heck check the tire itself. I had a little bit of a squeek and it turns out it was a piece of rock stuck on my summer tires making weird noises.

Kobe
09-22-2007, 07:24 AM
I guess it would be more of a clicking sound

Audio_Rookie
09-22-2007, 07:30 AM
clicking wheel bearing is common.

I found out when I pulled the wheel off.....with the wheel bearing assembly....not loosening 1 lug nut.

If you notice it goes away when you turn the wheels in a certain direction, and it comes when your turning a differant direction ....especially at low speeds.....probobly wheel bearing.

CV is possibility as well..ass well as a lose brake pad etc....

probably a wheel bearing though....I have had my fair share.....fucking about 10.

dooman24
09-22-2007, 08:32 AM
is the squeaking sound only when you're rolling? even in neutral?
or do you get it when you're stopped as well?
if it's only when you're rolling they might be right.. wheel bearing
just go on a road and swirve left and right and see if the sound gets louder when you turn in a certain direction.