PDA

View Full Version : Wheel well repair/spray on foam???

old&slow
09-22-2007, 11:32 AM
After having the bumper partially ripped apart in a parking lot I am trying to make repairs on the cheap.
A 99 caravan with 200,000kms aint worth a lot considering it has endured other vandalism as well...(Either unlucky or someone hates us). Not to mention I bought this from a Beyond member who decided I should need to know it was in an accident and repainted. Front end damage left it wearing passenger side tires wearing prematurely.

The plastic portion of the wheel well is gone completely.
Rather than buying a new one I'd consider a spry on foam to do the protecting/sound barrier thing.
Anything like that available at autovalue or Crappy tire?

Any other thoughts for repair?

Chris88CL
09-22-2007, 11:41 AM
If it's just the inner fender liner then you dont really NEED it.

I've run my car for about a year and a half without. Only down side is the engine bay gets more gunk thrown at it.

I would shy away from the expanding foam idea though. Pick N Pull would probably have something you could use eventually. Just keep checking back.

old&slow
09-22-2007, 12:24 PM
^the area toward the door is all exposed. The washer fluid bottle and the wiring for both doors and lights are all exposed...I need to do something.
I guess I should run out to Pick and Pull.
Only thing is I need to remove the tire to get at the thing properly!

old&slow
09-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Pick and Pull had the inner fender...it's back where it belongs.

I was able to reverse the threaded clips and drill holes into the fender to screw the plastic bumper back into place.
Crappy tire had those plastic push pins to hold the protective cover for the belts.

All in all it turned out pretty good.
Still hope the jackass that did the damage comes out the worse for it!

TomcoPDR
09-22-2007, 04:44 PM
It'd be easier to see some pictures to give opinions.