PDA

View Full Version : Long Sad Day.

James
07-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Well today seemed like any other day, then my Car was stolen. In Broad Daylight, and within an hour it was driven 10km away, brutally ripped apart, destroyed and found by the police. Im still in shock and i cant beleive my car looked like that. Im absolutly disgusted..... I'll add more later as to whats going on.:(

Abom
07-05-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by James
Well today seemed like any other day, then my Car was stolen. In Broad Daylight, and within an hour it was driven 10km away, brutally ripped apart, destroyed and found by the police. Im still in shock and i cant beleive my car looked like that. Im absolutly disgusted..... I'll add more later as to whats going on.:(

God damn fucking assholes :banghead: Sorry to hear about your car :(

sin
07-05-2003, 02:46 AM
what'd you drive
and im really sorry to hear that

The_1
07-05-2003, 02:47 AM
fuck thats crazy
sorry to hear and hope the cops catch those fuckers

Redlyne_mr2
07-05-2003, 02:47 AM
OMG james thats horrible hopefully insurance will cover it..whats happening to Calgary?

James
07-05-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by sin
what'd you drive
and im really sorry to hear that

'86 Toyota MR2.....

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-05-2003, 02:49 AM
Time for some vigilalante action :guns:

FiveFreshFish
07-05-2003, 02:50 AM
My condolences.

Shitty situation but at least they found it right away. My MR-2 wasn't found until 26 months after it had been stolen.

Melinda
07-05-2003, 02:51 AM
OMG JAMES! Just when you were trying to sell it! Seriously hun, I couldn't feel any worse for you...if you need ANYTHING, please let me know. Keep smiling and hang in there, better days will come :)

Abom
07-05-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
Time for some vigilalante action :guns:

:werd: These thieves need a good curb stomping.

AenimA
07-05-2003, 02:54 AM
Danmmmm that sux big time dude

ecstasy_civic
07-05-2003, 02:54 AM
im sorry to hear, where did it happen? what were the circumstances?? (unlocked door? smashed windows?)

James
07-05-2003, 03:00 AM
Im not gonna post where I was when it was stolen just yet, waiting to here whats happening with the police and insurance. But It was locked, or atleast im pretty damn sure it was, I dont think i have EVER forgot to lock my car...when they found it, EVERYTHING was smashed. NOTHING interior/extreior wise is salvagable

Abom
07-05-2003, 03:03 AM
when they found it, EVERYTHING was smashed. NOTHING interior/extreior wise is salvagable

damn man, that's pretty bad :thumbsdow

James
07-05-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
OMG james thats horrible hopefully insurance will cover it..whats happening to Calgary?

It should be covered, i just hope sooner than later, because of the fact that im only 19 and didnt have collision coverage on my car i cant get a Rental ( my insurance actually would have covered up to $30/day for 30 days,which i thought was nice)

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
My condolences.

Shitty situation but at least they found it right away. My MR-2 wasn't found until 26 months after it had been stolen.

Thats a loooong time, must of really sucked..was it a write off?

Originally posted by Melinda
OMG JAMES! Just when you were trying to sell it! Seriously hun, I couldn't feel any worse for you...if you need ANYTHING, please let me know. Keep smiling and hang in there, better days will come :)

Thanks Mel, and everyone else, it meens alot.

Fluidic
07-05-2003, 03:14 AM
Ouch James -- sorry to hear that man.

What's your new car gonna be!? :D

Peter

Redlyne_mr2
07-05-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

Peter
Another Toyota of course Peter:D

Fluidic
07-05-2003, 03:16 AM
I was going to suggest Porsche or Mercedes! ;)

Peter

Redlyne_mr2
07-05-2003, 03:22 AM

Peter
Damn cant argue with you there...I had the FD loves Toyota ownage thread all ready to go:rofl:

James
07-05-2003, 03:27 AM

Peter

I think you know the answer to that man......gotta be a dub.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Another Toyota of course Peter:D

For now im just gonna pick up an MK2 VW to get me around for a while( maybe i wont bag the shit out of it, like i did my MR2, lol).....and get myself back on my feet, an MK2 MR2 is in my future though, realistically it'll probably be a couple years down the road, but i will own one eventually, I just want to move out of the parents house first,before i think about spending over $15,000 on a car.im only 19 remember!.

Peter

ya right...i think i saw a wrecked 80's model mercedes sedan at the impound lot i could afford!:tongue:

Fluidic
07-05-2003, 03:38 AM
LOL -- James... you rock! hahahahahhahahaha

FiveFreshFish
07-05-2003, 03:42 AM

Thats a loooong time, must of really sucked..was it a write off?

Yep. I finally got paid out after 5 weeks. Had to bitch at them about their initial offer and it took them that long to come up with a second offer.

Over two years later, the cops called and said "your car has been found." I went down to the impound lot with my video camera and shot maybe a minute of tape. Then I called the insurance company and said, "your car has been found." :D

I'll post the video if I can transfer it from tape to mpg.

max_boost
07-05-2003, 03:52 AM
Sorry to hear bro!!!

szw
07-05-2003, 03:54 AM
So they didn't steal stuff, just trashed it?

James
07-05-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by szw
So they didn't steal stuff, just trashed it?

No, they took the Cd player,new simple lookin $300 Pioneer one, and about 30-50 Cd's.....I had left my Damn Face plate on and most of the Cd's were visible on the sun visors things...... so maybe there was some incentive to steal it i guess.....but the trashing the hell out of it didnt make too much sense....used MY TIRE IRON too!,:banghead: the cops found it near by and are dusting it for prints.

CRXguy
07-05-2003, 10:03 AM
oh chit! sorry to hear man.

ZorroAMG
07-05-2003, 10:42 AM
I am sorry to hear about your incident. Do not rely on the police to dust for prints. They won't do that on a car because there are usually too many different prints on a car parked in public. Pedestrians wlking by may touch it, friends riding inside touch it etc... Apparently we, the general public, watch too much CSI and all the fingerprint dusting is too Hollywood to get used in these situations :(

/////AMG
07-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Sorry to hear man, maybe you'll get to see who they are once the're caught, then we have a beyond meet lol.
Atleast you're calm about it :thumbsup: many people would have just gone crazy, good job man.

Abom
07-05-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
Atleast you're calm about it :thumbsup: many people would have just gone crazy, good job man.

:werd: Going crazy doesn't help anything :thumbsup:

kaput
07-05-2003, 10:57 AM

mwmhong
07-05-2003, 11:26 AM

I had left my Damn Face plate on and most of the Cd's were visible on the sun visors things

You should NEVER leave your faceplate on or have anything of value in sight, there is absolutely no benefit in doing so.
Detaching your plate takes 5 seconds TOPS. :banghead:
Always assume some prowler is going to look in your car everytime you park it. :)

I don't understand the smashing up part, maybe just looking for a cheap thrill (I see kids at pick-your-part doing it sometimes) or someone who doesn't like you and attacked your car. It could also be those guys who broke into your car long ago for your stereo stuff.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. :(

theken
07-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
if you need ANYTHING, :)
well........... :thumbsup:

:bigpimp:

Ekliptix
07-05-2003, 12:07 PM
wow, I can't believe that.

girlRACER
07-05-2003, 12:51 PM
:eek: I'm sorry to hear about everything James :( Hope everything gets sorted out for you.

ninjak84
07-05-2003, 01:04 PM
That's unbelievable man.......

Keep me updated, I'll give you a call later or something.

Hash_man
07-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Damn dude that sucks.

It should be covered, i just hope sooner than later, because of the fact that im only 19 and didnt have collision coverage on my car i cant get a Rental ( my insurance actually would have covered up to $30/day for 30 days,which i thought was nice)

You should get one of your parents to get the rental, and drive their car... thats what my sister did when her car was rear ended, cuz she was only 18.

James
07-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I am sorry to hear about your incident. Do not rely on the police to dust for prints. They won't do that on a car because there are usually too many different prints on a car parked in public. Pedestrians wlking by may touch it, friends riding inside touch it etc... Apparently we, the general public, watch too much CSI and all the fingerprint dusting is too Hollywood to get used in these situations :(

I didnt think they were going to dust for prints, but they said they were taking the tire iron.

Originally posted by Porsche_944
Sorry to hear man, maybe you'll get to see who they are once the're caught, then we have a beyond meet lol.

:werd:..i think i was more shocked than anything.

Originally posted by mwmhong

You should NEVER leave your faceplate on or have anything of value in sight, there is absolutely no benefit in doing so.
Always assume some prowler is going to look in your car everytime you park it. :)

I don't understand the smashing up part, maybe just looking for a cheap thrill (I see kids at pick-your-part doing it sometimes) or someone who doesn't like you and attacked your car. It could also be those guys who broke into your car long ago for your stereo stuff.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. :(

I know, I normally take the faceplate off if im only in my house for 10 minutes....the whole broad daylight and being in a familiar place thing kinda gave me some sense of security....look whos the fool now.

Originally posted by theken

well........... :thumbsup:

:bigpimp:

:rofl:....i knew someone was gonna say that.

Originally posted by Hash_man
Damn dude that sucks.

You should get one of your parents to get the rental, and drive their car... thats what my sister did when her car was rear ended, cuz she was only 18.

Good idea, but my parents insurance is messed up becuase of some old DUI charges my dumb ass step dad got, so i cant drive thier vehicles.

redline_13000
07-05-2003, 04:31 PM
Shit bro sorry to hear. Hopefully they catch those fukers.

theken
07-05-2003, 04:51 PM
well u have to ask the cops for the tire iron back, after they are finished, and if they find the pricks, we can beat them with the tire iron, the pool cue, then we can run them over :thumbsup: shove the tire iron up their asses, and drive them to a secluded area in the chester van, put a stalk of corn up their ass strip em down and make them find their way home naked with corn in their ass :thumbsup:

by the way, very sad sight this car, what was once a cool lil MR2, is now almost like a fiero

THREE40SEVEN
07-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

i leave NOTHING of value in sight when i leave my car.
Shitty deal james:(

Ashkente
07-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Goddamn theives :guns:

Very sorry to see(hear I guess..) this happen, especially to an MR2 :banghead:

Hopefully insurance is good to you, and you'll find yourself a new ride soon.

Abom
07-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by theken
well u have to ask the cops for the tire iron back, after they are finished, and if they find the pricks, we can beat them with the tire iron, the pool cue, then we can run them over :thumbsup: shove the tire iron up their asses, and drive them to a secluded area in the chester van, put a stalk of corn up their ass strip em down and make them find their way home naked with corn in their ass :thumbsup:

Dude, where did you come up with that?? :rofl:

Doodle
07-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Sorry yo hear buddy, hang in there & come back with a meaner dub.

audipower
07-05-2003, 05:51 PM
sorry to hear about that...must be really bad to see your pride and joy smashed into a million pieces

aZnBlooD
07-05-2003, 07:27 PM
ouch!!! sorry about your loss!!! damn bastards....

theken
07-05-2003, 07:37 PM
im shifty :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
07-05-2003, 07:57 PM
shit man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope insurance covers u well, so at least u wont be losing money...geez u were gona sell that mr2 too right?

Kamen
07-05-2003, 08:28 PM
Ouch man, I'm so sorry to hear that...
What's going on in Calgary? Car crimes seem to be going up?
It doesn't seem as bad here in Vancouver...

Abom
07-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
What's going on in Calgary? Car crimes seem to be going up?
It doesn't seem as bad here in Vancouver...

Yep, growing population = growing crime :thumbsdow Lower mainland is bad too, I'm guessing that's where most of the stolen custom compacts from Calgary go to be stripped and parts sold.

RiceCake
07-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Damn sorry to hear that James!

Man I think those MKI MR2's were one of the easiest cars to steal. I know many people who had those stolen from them.

I can't believe people would want to smash the shit out of your car though.

I'm scared of parking outside now :eek: Must get home before my sister hogs the garage spot. :banghead:

07-06-2003, 02:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear.

Old toyota's are so easy to steal.. I swear any Corolla GTS key can open probably 80% of the doors on another GTS. Gotta get a decent alarm system and replace the locks soon..

5.9 R/T
07-06-2003, 12:39 PM
That sucks man, hope everything works out for ya.

GTS Jeff
07-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 008
I'm sorry to hear.

Old toyota's are so easy to steal.. I swear any Corolla GTS key can open probably 80% of the doors on another GTS. Gotta get a decent alarm system and replace the locks soon.. hahaha :werd:

James
07-07-2003, 06:25 PM
My Insurance company called today and they had an insurance adjuster go look at the car, he claimed that there was no damage to the steering collum, therefore thinking that a key was used to start it:confused:.....i was down at the impound lot today clearing out some stuff from the car( random crap in the glove box) and the whole plastic peice around the ignition was busted off and there are cut/loose wires.

theken
07-07-2003, 07:16 PM
well, im a witness to that. and i think it is time to play pool !!!

nickyh
07-07-2003, 07:55 PM
I know the feeling of being violated!
Shit - we work for our stuff, pay our insurance like good boys and girls and this is the thanks we get. Punks taking our stuff and trashing it!

What really sucks is no matter how good of an alarm system we have, there is always a way around it.

We should strap 'em on the rae circuit at Race City and give them what they are looking for.
Maybe after they've licked up all our burnt rubber they'll understand our feelings.

Skyline_Addict
07-07-2003, 09:59 PM
well that really sucks.
i wonder why people would go to levels and do things like that.
i've never had a car stolen from me before, but you totally have my sympathy if not my true understanding of your situation.

EstoMax
07-07-2003, 10:31 PM
damn... that sucks hardcore... so insurance said that they used a key to start the car? is that gana jeopardize ur pay in any way?

max

James
07-08-2003, 01:39 AM
This is turning into a nightmare. The Steering collum is ovbiously wrecked, the insurance company wants to send someone out to interview me and obtain the police report, which i could care less, thier just fucking me around and trying to take thier time.

BigShow
07-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Sorry to hear this shit happen to you.

It's actually sickening...:barf:

James
07-08-2003, 01:55 AM
Has anyone been screwed around before by an insurance company when your car has been stolen?....I dont know what else to do to try and get this resolved quicker......plus the cop i talked to said that he valued my car at $2000 on his report, which is a joke, but he said "oh it dosnt matter anyway, the insurance company wont look at it" :rolleyes: right. just my luck.

GTS Jeff
07-08-2003, 02:15 AM
call a-channel...im sure they have some consumer protection program on their daily news or some shit..

SinisterProbeGt
07-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Hey dude I saw your car at the calgary auto savalge auction yesterday. looks nasty why did the smash up all the windows. actually when I first saw it, it looked like it was in a drive by then I saw the Beyond.ca sticker on the rear drivers side window and thought of this post.
Sorry dude.:thumbsdow

'86 Toyota MR2.....

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2003, 09:24 AM
2 grand?! thats it??
shitty news bro.
hope everything gets straightened out.

James
07-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
Hey dude I saw your car at the calgary auto savalge auction yesterday. looks nasty why did the smash up all the windows. actually when I first saw it, it looked like it was in a drive by then I saw the Beyond.ca sticker on the rear drivers side window and thought of this post.
Sorry dude.:thumbsdow

Did someone buy it? :confused:..... if so, WTF! is up with my insurance company!...I dont even have my money yet.

SinisterProbeGt
07-11-2003, 12:05 AM
its in a sealed bid auction. we have a 100 bid on it right now...
but as far as your insurance goes no idea

James
07-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
its in a sealed bid auction. we have a 100 bid on it right now...
but as far as your insurance goes no idea

Thats fucked up....i havnt signed over my registration or anything, nor have i received anything from the insurance compan, so shouldnt the car still be mine?!!!....this pisses me off....i better get a good explanation from them tomorrow about this.
:bullshit:......just curious, Other than the Engine, what is of use to you on the car? :dunno:

SinisterProbeGt
07-12-2003, 03:40 AM
thats all. the engine for parts and we will scrap the rest. sorry dude