PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Petro-Canada is hiring

Sykes
09-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey All,

The Starbucks location that I work at (Petro Canada Center Downtown) is in desperate need of workers. They`re primarily looking for Shift Supervisors but are also in need of a few Baristas as well. They pay isn`t super high, but you get ridiculously good perks (full benefits and discounted stock options to both full AND PART-TIME employees, tuition reimbursements, free pound of coffee every week, free drinks, etc, etc.). The store is one of the top stores in the city - itīs super busy and alot of fun to work at.

If you do decide to drop off a resume, let them know that Daniel sent you - it would greatly be appreciated. Otherwise, you can PM me for more details. Thanks!

$lick_rYz
09-23-2007, 10:01 PM
How much $$ per hour to start?

Sykes
09-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by $lick_rYz
How much $$ per hour to start?

Haha... like I said, it's not super high. Shift Supervisors start @ $10.25/h + tips (works out to around $11-$12 per hour - depending on how many hours you work). Barista's start at a little less than that.

I forgot to mention that you get weekends off (as the store is only open during office hours), and that the latest you work until is 6:30PM. The job is SUPER flexible and it's great for students. It looks good on your resume as well (Starbuck's training program is highly respected by other employers).

Supervisors are able to work part time as well, provided that you are able to fill in 24-working hours during the week.

Feel free to post or PM me for any other details.

Dan

whodiman
09-24-2007, 11:17 AM
My wife has sub par English. She knows the basics and is still learning but it would take some practise getting her to pronounce "cappacino" and stuff like that at this moment. Would they still be interested in training her?

Full benefits would mean health premium paid?

Sykes
09-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by whodiman
My wife has sub par English. She knows the basics and is still learning but it would take some practise getting her to pronounce "cappacino" and stuff like that at this moment. Would they still be interested in training her?

Full benefits would mean health premium paid?

Yes, they would most definitely train her if she was hired. 85% of our staff are people residing in Canada on 1-year work visa's (either from Korea or Japan) and they are all very competent workers.

Oh, and yes, when I say full benefits, that will include Medical, Dental, Perscription Drugs, and Vision (provided that you stay with the company for more than 3 months and works 20 hours a week).

Euro838
09-24-2007, 04:02 PM
That location is always crazy busy even with a Starbucks on the first and second floor! They definitely need more help. I'd save so much money if I didn't frequent there so much! Too bad I couldn't just work there like for an hour a day so I could get my coffee fix!

jay42w8
09-24-2007, 06:29 PM
I didn't know you had some Japanese girls working there...damn I'm gonna have to come check this place out one time lol....is this the downstairs one or the one in the food court??...when do they work...?:poosie: